chapter 2

Apocalypse III

Mir exhaled a long breath and started to climb over the tall strong wall like he once had done before. He jogged towards the lab and strolled around the quite large building, not entirely sure of the direction as he tried to remember bits by bits of the building parts that he might knew.

Mir's brows bunched up when he finally found the room he had been locked before. He jogged to the glass room sticking out in the lab only to frown more at the emptiness. He had expected the walkers in there. Soojung in there. There wasn't even the trace of the dead body of the scientist in the room. Had someone been here?

Mir looked around and found a half-filled bottle of vodka on the table. Mir traced his finger around the unexpectedly clean table. Someone must had been here. Or... Maybe still here? Or... Mir swallowed. She couldn't still be alive... Right...?

As if trying to prove Mir's thought, the boy felt something nudging on his back from behind. Sound of familiar clicking of gun and Mir raised his hands in surrender.

"Who are you?" The voice belong to a guy and there was some kind of weird accent in his words. That guy was probably a foreigner based on what Mir heard in his thick accented words.

"My name is Mir." Mir answered simply though he was pretty sure his name wasn't that important for the other but he was just answering the question in a straightforward manner. There was short silence and Mir waited patiently until his captor asked him to turn around. And Mir did. He came face to face with a fair-skin guy with tall and built frame. He looked korean enough in Mir's view though he had that weird accent.

"What are you doing here?" The guy asked skeptically.

"To look for something." Mir answered.

"What are you looking for?" The guy kept asking.

Mir sighed. He really wasn't in mood to play twenty questions with this stranger. But, then again, it was wiser to answer the question from the guy with the gun unless he wanted a bullet lodged in his heart. "It's a long story." Mir finally breathed out.

The guy narrowed his eyes before he finally lowered down the gun. He pulled a chair and told Mir to sit there before he, himself, sat in front of the seemingly shorter guy. "I'm all ear."

Mir didn't actually know how should he started his story, so, he cupped his bandaged nape. "I was bitten by those infecteds."

At Mir's words, the stranger visibly stiffened and Mir saw from the corner of his eyes how the stranger's index finger bent over the trigger.

"I was bitten two days ago." Mir repeated nonetheless with an added detail.

The guy frowned as his index finger moved away from the trigger. "Two days ago?" He repeated Mir's words in a questioning manner and Mir complied with nodding. "You haven't turn." He commented in disbelief.

"Not yet. Hopefully not ever." Mir added casually.

"Had any fever?" Mir shook his head. The guy stood up, leaving his gun on the table as he paced around the room before he stopped still right in front of Mir. "Interesting." He whispered to himself. "And the relation of it to you coming here?" He further questioned.

Mir couldn't help but felt like a criminal but he still answered nonetheless. "I was caught before by a female scientist. She injected me with something saying it was an experiment to eradicate the infection. To create an antivirus. So-"

Before Mir could finish, the stranger cut his words. "Female scientist?" He asked, slight hint of sadness in his voice.

Mir narrowed his eyes as his hand managed to find the gun in the holster at his back stealthily and unnoticeably. He stood up and backed away from the guy but still didn't show his gun. "You know her, don't you?" Being a boy with quick thinking and strong instinct, Mir asked, suspecting the stranger to probably be as psychotic as the scientist that had held him as hostage before.

The guy's eyes drifted to the one corner of one of the many long table in the room and automatically, Mir's eyes followed. He found half of his answer when he saw the picture of that girl scientist being framed beautifully on the table. 

"Who was her to you?" Mir asked skeptically, eyes narrowing dangerously, holding tighter to his weapon.

The guy's eyes were still on the picture. The girl was smiling brightly, looking so lovely and kind in the picture. "Her name was Tiffany. She was a kind-hearted girl."

Mir had to restrain himself from snickering at the guy's remark. He needed to know more. So, he kept quiet.

"She was my fiancee. My beautiful lovely fiancee." There was slight sad smile on his face as he talked about the girl. "We were about to get married when the infection broke and spread out. Her family died in front of her eyes and she changed. My lovely Tiffany. My poor Tiffany." The guy closed his eyes and exhaled shaky breath. "We were safe in the east fort. We could have lived together. We could have just live in there. Safe and happy. But..."

Mir waited but the guy didn't seem to want to continue his story. "But, she changed." Mir continued where the guy left off. "You know she experimented on people." It was rather a statement than a question but the guy still nodded.

But, then the guy seemed like he had thought of something and the stranger's eyes flashed in new found information and he glared towards Mir. "Are you the one who killed her?" His jaw was moving and teeth were gritting.

"She experimented on people!" Mir raised his voice. "On an elderly. On a... Kid..." Mir's couldn't hide the hurt in his voice as he mentioned the old woman and... Soojung.

"You killed her!" The guy obviously couldn't hear any of Mir's reasoning. He was consumed with anger as he lunged at the smaller boy.

Of course Mir was fast, but the stranger was surprisingly faster than him. He didn't manage to evade the stranger's sudden attack and ended up getting a painful punch on his stomach, knocking air out of his lungs. 

As he was bending, coughing and recovering from the shock, the guy grabbed Mir by his jacket collar and yanked the boy to stood up straight before his fist made contact with Mir cheek. Mir almost believed his facial bones had fractured based on the crack sound it made. 

The small frame of Mir fall against one of the table, knocking a few things including the table itself and several flasks with colorful contents off and shattered, spilling the unidentifiable liquid onto the floor. He taste the metalic taste of blood in his mouth and felt the sticky warm liquid flowed at the corner of his mouth. The red fluid stained his thumb after he wiped the corner of his mouth.

Hearing the growl behind him, Mir swiftly flipped himself so his back was lying against the table. Seeing the stranger about to jumped on him, Mir raised his legs and kicked the stranger on the chest. The guy stumbled behind but didn't seem like he was going to stop attacking Mir.

The stranger's eyes flickered towards something and Mir was quick to understand the meaning as he reached his own gun on his holster as fast as he could. They were both pointing their guns to each other at the same time, frozen in that position with finger ghosted on the trigger.

 

 

 

-I used name of Tiffany from SNSD or Girl's Generation so, you guys probably could already guess who's the guy fighting with Mir. I just find the couple cute with each. Come on, guess his name. Yhe very obvious answer (^^)-