chapter 35

Apocalypse III

Byunghee and Joon had fallen asleep while waiting in the laboratory. Joon was lying on the couch in the room while Byunghee was sleeping in sitting position, leaning his head on the glass wall to Mir's isolation room.

Mir kept standing next to Byunghee and kept poking his index finger on the glass wall where Byunghee was leaning on. He snarled and started to poke harder when Byunghee didn't even move or respond.

"Mir." Changsun knocked on the glass wall, a few feet away from where Byunghee was sleeping at. "Don't disturb him." He said.

Mir turned to the taller boy and bared his teeth, growling like always.

"Chansung." Seohyun called from her seat. "Don't disturb Mir." She copied.

Chansung huffed stubbornly and knocked on the glass wall again, leaning his forehead against the glass wall with bored look. "When are you going to wake up?"

"When are you going to get back to your work?" Seohyun asked back, gaining herself a glare.

Chansung looked back at Mir and sat straight when he saw the younger stepped back and blinked a few times before he looked around him. "Eh?" The younger blinked more when he saw Byunghee in front of him. "Wha- Hyung?" He called, but Byunghee was too deep in his sleep.

"Mir!" Chansung exclaimed. "You've woken up!" 

Mir turned towards the excited boy and waved. "Oh? Yea. Hi..." He greeted before he pointed to the sleeping Byunghee. "What's he doing here? Does he know?" 

Chansung nodded. "Not just him." The tall guard raised his arm and pointed his finger towards Joon who was sleeping on the couch. "He knows as well." He revealed.

Mir looked at Joon and Byunghee alternately before his eyes landed on grinning Chansung. "They didn't kill anyone, right?" He asked monotonously but he was dead serious. He knew exactly what the other two's reaction, seeing him in here in the form of walker. That was because, he too, would definitely have the exactly same reaction if he saw any of his family members being kept in isolation and had became walker.

Chansung laughed at Mir's suspicion. Reasonable suspicion. Mir surely knew them well. "Almost." Chansung answered. "But, nothing to worry as long as I'm here." He said, proudly patted his chest.

Mir snorted. "Yea right..." 

"Yah! You can't greet someone older that you with your nose." Chansung scolded. He pulled a chair and sat near the glass wall, gesturing for Mir to do the same. 

Mir exhaled and a small smile crept to his lips. He didn't know why, but Chansung always wanted to chat with him. At first, he thought that maybe Chansung was feeling sorry for him for being locked up in here alone like some criminal. But, the older was so eager each and everytime that Mir doubted it was all sympathy. Or maybe, it was Chansung himself who was feeling lonely.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Mir sat cross leg on the floor. He crossed his arms in front of his chest as he stared at the two boys who were sitting in the same manner as him with narrowed eyes. 

Joon pouted. "Can't we come inside for just a moment." They had been debating over the same topic for almost 15 minutes already. 

It all started with Mir sighing in boredom and Byunghee suggested for the boy to go out for maybe an hour with them in response. And of course, Mir refused even when Seohyun nodded in agreement to Byunghee's request almost immediately.

"You'll rot in here alone." Byunghee added. The older got up and walked towards the door to Mir's room with a bunch of keys dangling in his hands. He got enough of this unending debate. He had the key. Might as well just dragged Mir out of there or pushed his way in.

Seeing Byunghee's move, Mir scrambled to the door and pulled it with all his might so the other couldn't pull it open. The thing about this isolation room was that only people from outside could decide whether to open or to lock the door. The choice wasn't in Mir's hand. And where the hell was Chansung when he needed that guard?

"No! I don't want to!" Mir kept pulling on the door's knob while Byunghee was pulling on the other side.

"Just either get out for a while or let us in!" Byunghee retorted. "Joon! Help me." He told Joon.

Joon stood still on his spot with stupid grin on his face and amusement in his almond shaped eyes. "Nah..." He dismissed. "This is more fun to watch." He said and just kept watching over the squabbling duo.

"Idiot!" Byunghee and Mir synchronizely shot and Joon just smirked in response. Like he care...

"I don't want any of that!" Mir said, voice getting louder. He was practically lying on the air, using his own weight to keep the door close. "And I thought you injured your shoulder." He complained when he felt the door opened a little bit due to the older's strength.

"I did, but I'm still stronger than you. You have only two choices! Get out or let us in!" Byunghee shouted back. Gritting his teeth, he put one of his legs on the glass wall and used his kicking momentum to help him pulled on the door. It worked and the door opened, making Mir who was pulling from the other side, stumbling forward and out of the room with a loud squeak.

Joon winced at the loud crash before he let out a hearty laugh at the sight of Mir was lying on Byunghee, both sprawled on the floor, so ungraciously looking if he had to add. The table near them had already been knocked down, luckily there wasn't anything on the table but the legs of the table seemed to have been broken by the impact.

Mir looked down on Byunghee with displeased frown. "This is all your fault." He said and pushed himself off the older, taking a few steps back.

"But you're out already." Byunghee said with a grin. "Let's take a walk around the fort." He tried to reach for the younger, but Mir ducked away and put some distance between them. 

"I have told you." Mir hugged himself around his middle when he felt sharp pain on his stomach due to the hunger for human flesh. "Gosh... I'm starving." He mumbled to himself and yelped when suddenly, something was shoved into his mouth. "Mmph! Waph mmhe ffhemm?" His words became incoherent with his mouth full. He flailed his arms when he felt someone behind him, holding on his waist while stuffing the bread into his mouth, undoubtedly Joon. Who else in the lab?

"Then just eat this first." Joon said, ignoring the struggles against him.

Byunghee went to help in getting Joon off of Mir while laughing. "Now, Joon. Let that poor puppy go." He said in between his laugh.

Mir glared at the two olders as he chewed on the bread, cheeks ended up puffing like blowfish. When he finished the bread, well, yea, he did eat it anyway, pretty quick at that, he threw the plastic left towards Joon. "You know what kind of hunger I have!" He scolded.

Byunghee and Joon shared a look. "Look. You made him mad." Byunghee accused.

Joon blinked, pointing his index finger to his own face. "Me? It's you who made him mad first." 

Mir massaged his temple. "Stop bickering like some old married couple, okay? I'm going back in." He announced and stepped back only to have his arms caught by both Byunghee and Joon. 

"Nope! Not until we have fun out there." Byunghee said. "It's so bright and sunny out there. Let's have fun." He sung.

"For at least an hour." Joon added. 

The two olders had it easy even when Mir was kicking in the air, warning them to put him down. They were about to step out of the laboratory when Chansung appeared, tray of food in his hands. Chansung stared blankly at the scene before his eyes. 

"Chansung-shi. Tell them to put me down right away, before I literally rip their throat out." Mir quickly ordered. Sighing in relief when Chansung did as what he asked and the other couldn't really say anything against Chansung who could be very strict sometimes. When he got back into his room, making sure Chansung locked the door and confiscated the key, he turned to the two older. His face obviously bore some burden he wasn't supposed to bear alone, but still, he had to. "I'm not going to tell any of you to wait for me. But, I do trust Seohyun. I don't know when, but she'll make the antidote. Someday. And... It's okay if all of you move on already."

Byunghee smiled sadly at Mir's words. He was about to reply when Joon beat him to it. "I doesn't matter how long, we'll be waiting. Even if one day you tell us to stop waiting, we will still keep waiting." The boy's voice was filled with faith and Byunghee saw how Joon was ghosting his fingers over the bracelet around his wrist. "And Jonghyun said you will be back. And he is always right. That time too. This time too. For sure..."

Mir blinked. Having so much hopes directed in his way, he felt paralyzed. He didn't want to cry but too much emotion in his heart. 

"Stop doing some teary hot blooded teenage drama here." Seohyun suddenly came in, looking weirdly at Chansung who surprisingly was sniffing and wiping away his tears with the sleeves of his shirt. "That's so tough of you Chansung." She taunted, making fun of the boy. She stroded to the glass wall where there was counter for them to exchange things. "Mir, come here. I have just finished this. Let's just hope it work." 

Mir nodded and stepped closer, but seeing the syringe in Seohyun's hand, he smiled nervously. "Err... Can't you like... Make the antidote so it can be consumed orally instead of injection?"

Seohyun sighed. "No, can't do. You have been injected a few times already. You can't be scared again?" 

"He's scared of needles?" Byunghee asked in shock before he turned to Mir. "You're scared of needles?" He repeated and had to try his hardest to contain his laugh when he saw how Mir's face and neck turned bright red.

"Let's get this on!" Mir gritted his teeth, pretending like he wasn't scared when his heart was practically pounding against his ribcage.

"I'll try to make it not painful." Seohyun cooed.

Glaring, Mir seethed, "Just do it fast!" ignoring Byunghee, Joon and Chansung who were lying on the floor by now, laughing their heart out. 

-double updates-

*ps : well, don't expect more dramas cuz it's almost end in a few chapters. I think... (- -)