chapter 9

Apocalypse III

"No!" Seungho shouted, his eyes narrowing. "You did it all wrong!" He continued scolding the young boy. "Don't think I'll be soft to you just like the others." He continued at the sulky look on Taemin's face. "You're the one who asked me to teach you. Remember?" Seungho shot when he noticed a small glare from Taemin. 

"I know." Taemin mumbled, lips still in pouty position. His glare faltered.Seungho shook his head and took out his own gun. "Don't try to act cool. This is a real deal. You can't use only one hand especially when you're still new to this." Seungho clasped tightly on his gun with both of his hands. "Hold it tight." He muttered, aiming to the circle he had engraved on the tree with his knife. "Aim." He said, in a breath and pulled on the trigger. It hit right in the small circle. He turned to the younger and rolled the gun in his hand before putting it back to its holster. "And shoot." He displayed a cocky grin.

"Show off." Taemin shot the older a look. He stepped forward when Seungho just shrugged off his comment and tilted his head, gesturing for the younger to do it again. "I'll show you." Taemin said, eyes fixed on the target that he didn't notice the proud smile that lingered on Seungho's lips.

'Mir... If only you are here too. You'll be proud of him. He's going to be strong just like you.' 

"Look! I did it! Hah! It's easy." Taemin's loud voice of shouting pulled Seungho out of his trance. 

The older blinked and looked back and forth from Taemin to the tree and back to Taemin before he finally spoke. Dryly. "Don't flatter yourself." Seungho said, making a bored face. "Moving targets are much more difficult."

Taemin's loud cheers died down. "Why won't you just praise me for once. I mean, I did a good job... Right?" His voice was getting smaller towards the end.

Seungho raised his brows before he stepped away from the younger, only telling the younger to follow him, ignoring the conversation they were just having not even a minute ago. 

Taemin, stomping his foot, he trailed behind Seungho with heavy step. He really didn't understand of why Seungho couldn't treat him nicely. He saw how Seungho treated Sanghyun gently. How the older treated Byunghee. How he treated Joon, even Mir. He treated all of them nicely. Why not him?