chapter 31

Apocalypse III

Joon frowned as his ears caught the sound of the engine rumbling nearing the farmhouse. He got out of his bed, not forgetting to check on the Mir's bracelet in case the accessory fall off while he was sleeping. That bracelet had became his most treasured possession.

"What is that?" Key emerged from the kitchen, followed by Jonghyun whom immediately got a hold of his rifle that he left in the living room. 

Jonghyun jogged towards the field and saw Rain and Minho came from behind the house, both ready with weapons. "It's an army jip." Wooyoung announced from his position on the roof of their house. His hand over his head as he squinted his eyes in order to get a better look to the approaching vehicle. 

"Armies? What the hell are they doing here?" Rain blurted out, pulling on the safety click on his gun.

"Can you see how many are there?" Minho asked and cursed when Wooyoung shook his head unknowingly.

"There are..." At Lizzy's voice, Minho turned to see the red head was standing just next to Wooyoung, binocular in her hands. Her thin pink lips were mumbling as she counted the new uninvited guests silently. "Three of them." Lizzy grinned when she realized Wooyoung was pouting, being jealous like a child. "Here you go. You can have it." The girl teased.

Rolling his eyes, Wooyoung snatched the binoculars, ignoring the red head's teasing giggles. He frowned when his eyes were finally behind the binoculars. "Hey, guys..." He called out and all the three guys and that one girl turned to him expectantly. "Byunghee is there."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

An 'ouf' sound was knocked out of Byunghee when Sanghyun tackled the older boy into a tight hug. Wincing, Byunghee pushed the tall boy away. "Ya! My shoulder hurt." 

Sanghyun gasped and pulled on the collar of Byunghee's shirt, almost ripping off the clothes and saw the white bandage around the older's shoulder. "What happened? How did you get hurt?" He asked, shooting a glare towards Junsu who Byunghee just introduced to them. The lad blinked innocently at the accusing glare Sanghyun shot him.

Byunghe pulled on Sanghyun's arm until the boy sat back on the couch next to him. "Calm down, will you. I'll tell the whole story later. Where's Joon?" 

"I'm here." Joon answered weakly, pushing himself from the wall he was leaning on and walked slowly to Byunghee. He was in doubt because of the memory from his nightmare. The memory of Byunghee shooting Mir dead. 'No, Joon. That was just a dream.' He reminded himself.

Byunghee ruffled Joon's raven hair. "Feeling better?" He asked and smiled when Joon nodded. He was thankful when he noticed Joon's fever had subsided. "I've got some good news." He paused for the dramatic effect, enjoying all the curious look on all of their faces but it all got ruined when Hongki nonchalantly intervened.

"Mir and Taemin are alive and safe now at the East Fort." Hongki said and grinned michiveously at Byunghee who snorted as response when his surprise plan got spoiled.

He enjoyed the wide smile that crept on each of the faces in front of him, making his own lips tugged into a sincere smile. Happiness sometimes is very contagious.

Joon fall on the floor as he felt his legs couldn't bear his weight. He was too relief. Too relief that he couldn't react the way the others do. When he felt a pat on his shoulder, he looked up to see Byunghee smiling at him and nodded to confirm the news he just got. Slowly... Very slowly... The dark clouds moved away and his smile finally came back to him.

Byunghee turned back to the others. "Now, let's go to the East Fort." He rose his brows when the other members of their group started to look at each other and were making whispering conversation. "What is it?"

They all stopped but only Lizzy voiced her question. "Are you guys going to live there? In east fort?" She asked carefully.

Byunghee blinked. Well... To be honest, he never really thought about that. "Do you guys want to?" He asked back.

Lizzy turned to her right and left. Wooyoung and Nana were nodding at her. Well, great part of being friend for years, bestfriend on top of that, you knew what the others want even without having to voice it out. Smiling confidently, Lizzy answered, "Wooyoung, Nana and I will be staying here. This is our place after all. Tell Mir that we will wait for him with open door if he want to come back here." 

Byunghee nodded. "I'll tell him that." He reassured and turned to the others left, tilting his head slightly, asking for answers.

Seungho chuckled. "You know already." The leader of their group said as the matter of fact. 

Byunghee grinned. "Of course I know." He added cheekily. "I'm intending to ask who want to come with me for these few days since Taemin will be staying there for his treatment. That little kid had been whining to come back here. And I thought Joon would want to see Mir as soon as possible." Chuckling a bit more when Joon nodded enthusiastically at his words, he ruffled the boy's hair adoringly. Joon could be so cute sometimes. 

"Ugh! That kid. How dare he complain when he was the one running away from the house." Jonghyun grumbled. He wasn't that angry, he was just worried about the maknae.

"Hey! Don't talk about him like that." Key scolded.

"Okay... Okay... Taeminnie's umma." He teased and ran away before Key managed to throw anything at him.

"So... Key is coming, Joon too. Who else?" Byunghee asked again and shrugged when Sanghyun held up his hand, wanting to join in. "Then, I bet Seungho will definitely tag along as well." He added knowing too well, Seungho won't let Sanghyun went out of his watch. 

"I guess the others will stay to keep watch on the farm." Minho said, picking up his riffle and went back to his job with Rain.

"We'll be waiting." Onew added with a wide smile. All of them couldn't wait the day their family would be complete without a single missing member.