chapter 19

Apocalypse III

Mir sat silently on the small chair in the lab and waited patiently for Seohyun to come back in the room. Hongki and Seulong both stayed quietly by his side. Hongki apparently looked a bit uneasy and still hadn't lowered his guard down. Well, Mir too hadn't lowered his guard down. They needed to be careful no matter what. 

Mir's wide eyes flickered around the clean room. He wondered though, why this lab was empty from other scientists. Seohyun couldn't be the only scientist here, right? Or the girl was meaning to keep his presence in the fort as secret? If it was true, then Mir wouldn't mind. He even preferred being kept as secret since Hongki kept telling him not to trust the goverment and that was for sure included the president, what was his name? Siwan? Siwon, he think. He wonder what kind of person the president is?

Rushing footsteps and sound of bipping of the code door followed by opening of the door attracted Mir's and the other two attention. Seohyun came inside, with a small smile. 

"Is he okay?" Mir started, needing to know of Nickhun's condition. He sighed in relief when the girl answered with a nod and told him to rest assure. Mir nodded back and fumbled with his backpack until he found the tube containing mercury colored liquid and he handed it to the girl.

"What is this?" Seohyun asked, watching the tube and flipping it upside down in amazement.

"I think this is what Tiffany injected me with." Mir replied. The girl snapped his head towards Mir almost immediately at the mention of that name.

"You know... Tiffany unni?" She asked slowly, still a bit surprised. "Where's she? Why isn't she with you guys?" She would have asked those questions to Nickhun if only the said guy was concious and aware of his surrounding. A dejected shook of head from Mir answered them all. Seohyun felt his limbs weakened and she fall backwards, into a chair, luckily. A bitter smile crept on her pink lips. "I see..." She breathed out. Her glittering black orbs, again, found Mir's. Sadness evident in those eyes. "Can you tell me the whole story?"

Mir exchanged look with Hongki and Seulong before he inhaled a deep breath. The two looked just as curious as Seohyun. "Tiffany... She experimented on people." Based on the look on Seohyun's face, Mir was sure the girl already knew that fact. Maybe that was why Tiffany left the fort, or maybe the late scientist got kicked out of here. "I was one of her trial."

"You think she succeeded in producing antidote? This?" She asked, holding up the small tube.

Mir shrugged. "Well, I haven't turn, have I? I'm the living proof." He stated.

Seohyun smiled. "And most probably the only living cure."

Mir smirked at that remark before he fished out a book from his back. "I found this while I was looking for that tube." He handed the medium sized thick notebook with pink cover to Seohyun.

"It was Tiffany unni's." Seohyun said with a smile. Seeing how Mir was raising his brows at her, her smile just widened. "It's pink. Every single things belong to her is pink." She answered vaguely with a small chuckle, eyes looked distant, probably got reminded of happy memories with the already passed away girl. She flipped open and scanned each page rapidly until she stopped at that one particular page. The formula for the antivirus and the review of its success or failure. 

"I don't think she have the chances to record the antivirus she injected in me." Mir said crooning his neck in an attempt to see the book contents but ended up confusing himself with the alien words sketched in the book. He wasn't a science person.

Seohyun nodded and closed the book, before she gave a firm stare towards Mir. "Will you trust me?" She asked.

Hongki was gripping on Mir's arm, shaking his head in disagreement. Mir's palmed hongki's hand with his other hand as he gave the later a reassuring smile, chuckling when he saw the sulky pout Hongki put on. "I'll trust myself to you." He said, looking back at Seohyun. He had made the decision. And he hoped it was the right one.