chapter 30

Apocalypse III

Byunghee wandered around the infirmary. The room was wide enough to fit in twenty beds and three of the beds were supporting injured Seulong, Taemin and Taecyeon.

He was about to walked out of the room when a hand stop him by his shoulder. "Where do you think you are you going?" Hongki's voice greeted his ears.

Grinning sheepishly, Byunghee turned. "Just out for a bit. I haven't seen Mir after all the chaos." He told honestly.

Hongki, knowing where Mir had gone to, sighed and put his hands on his hips. "You do realize you lost lots of blood from your wound. You should rest." Hongki adviced while trying not to talk about Mir or Byunghee would probably went amuk and broke into the isolated room and tore open his stiches. Even when he didn't really know Byunghee well, he was pretty sure Byunghee could be reckless when it came to Mir.

"I will be careful. I just want to make sure he's okay. You know, he might act strong, but that kid just experience death and turning. He need someone." Byunghee explained.

"What is going on here?" Both boy turned to see Seohyun looking at them with one raised brow, demanding for answer. Before Hongki could rat the older male out, Seohyun already spoke again. "Byunghee-shi. You should go and lie down on the bed." When Byunghee was about to open his mouth to rebel, Seohyun once again beat the boys to it, pressing on the word, "Now."

Gulping loudly, Byunghee slowly retreated back into the room, mumbling "okay" poutily.

Watching until Byunghee lied back on his bed next to Taemin, Seohyun turned back to Hongki. "Does he know?" She asked in a low voice.

"Trust me, if he knows, he wouldn't listen to you. He wouldn't listen to anyone." Hongki replied as if it was the most obvious thing. "But, he will know sooner or later."

Seohyun nodded. "Should we tell Mir's group? I heard from Taemin that they lived in the village near the west fort." 

Hongki shrugged. "Should we send Byunghee there?" At the disapproval frown on Seohyun's face, Hongki quickly added. "Well, it's better than him knowing about Mir. He'll break all the door he can in every single building here. We wouldn't even have chance to explain to him the whole story."

"I get what you mean." Seohyun said in a low voice. "But as his doctor, I can't give him permission." 

"I'll be with him. Plus, Taemin's injury is worse than him. So, Taemin is out of question. So does Mir. We need Byunghee to show us the place." Seohyun contemplated a bit on Hongki's reasoning before he finally nodded. "But..." Hongki continued, gaining Seohyun attention. "Can we still add people into this fort?" 

"If we consider Siwon's decision before, then we can't. But, now that he's dead..." Seohyun shot Hongki a suggestive look. "But, if what Taemin has told me is true, then I'm certain that they will choose to live at their own place instead of this fort."

Hongki nodded. "Maybe I should tell Byunghee hyung now and we'll be going as soon as possible." 

Seohyun nodded in agreement, watching as the blond haired boy jogged to Byunghee's bed. She her heels. She still got work to do.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"What is it in your mind?" Seohyun asked, breaking the silence. Even when she was focusing on the liquid in her hands, she still could sense the dark cloud hanging over Mir's face.

"Nothing." Mir answered quietly. It was true though. He didn't really thought of anything. He just decided to give his own mind a rest. And he got a lot of time for that.

The door opened and Mir stood up from his bed when he saw Chansung dragging a walker into the lab. "Mir, take this." Seohyun put a gun through the glass window into the isolation room. At the confused frown on Mir's face, she continued. "You said the walkers didn't attack you before, so I just want to see if it's real. Can I?"

Mir looked towards the walker that was struggling against Chansung and finally nodded. Hand grabbing the gun for precaution. He stepped back when Chansung shoved the walker into the glass room and closed the door.

The walker stood still by the door for a few minutes until Mir got bored of waiting. Mir took a hold of the mug he used to drink from the table by his bedside and let it go and it shattered as it made contact with the marbled floor.

At that loud sound of glass breaking, the walker started slowly towards Mir. As it got closer, it sniffed on Mir. Tilting its head here and there, he just turned quietly away from Mir, continued pacing around the room lifelessly.

Mir turned to see Seohyun and Chansung who were standing outside the room. Amazement clear in their eyes. 

Seohyun got back to her microscopes. There were two of that apparatus on the table. She took turn looking into those two before she nodded to herself. "Get that thing out of Mir's room." She managed to order before she drowned herself back into her work.

Chansung stepped into the room and took a hold of the walker before he took it out of the room to be killed. He went back into the room just a few minutes later. 

"Mir." He called the boy. "Nickhun hyung..." He didn't continue, but he shook his head in grief and Mir got the clue right away. "Do you want to come out for a bit for his funeral?" 

Mir stared blankly on the floor before he shook his head. Of course he wanted to but... He just couldn't.

"But, Mir-" Chansung was about to say more, however, Mir just lied back on the bed, pulling the cover over his head. End of discussion.