chapter 20

Apocalypse III

Byunghee parked the motorcycle near the building. It took him a day and a half before he finally reached the building Key had told him about even when he raced here as fast as he could. Looking back at the bike, he smiled to himself. Sanghyun would probably go crazy after realizing his beloved motorbike had been stolen. That young boy would probably more concern about the missing bike than Byunghee, himself.

Looking around the building, he decided to just climbed the wall that guarded the dome shaped bulding. As he roamed around the empty building, his heart was racing. If Mir wasn't here, which he was quite sure of, where else would he go? It has been weeks after all. Tracing after the boy would be hard.

He arrived at a room that he presumed a lab. The other rooms were surprisingly cleaned, just covered by dust showing how they were abandoned for quite a long period already. But, this room. This room was different. The chairs and one of the table were upside down. There were pieces of glasses and laboratory instruments and some dried colourful liquid. What attracted him the most was that dried spot of what he knew too well was blood. Apparently the owner of the blood had been injured quite bad if the large amount of that dried crimson liquid proved any of those. But whose? His whole heart was hoping it wasn't Mir's. 

Eyes still scanning the room, he decided to rummage through the room until his eyes fall on a rack filled with glases bottles and a few pictures either framed or not. He took the stacks of the pictures and scanned through them.

There were a few pictures of the same girl, some of the pictures were the girl with a guy, looking close to each other that anyone could tell those two were an item, and some were pictures of a group of four guys and two girls. 

His eyes glued to the picture of the group. Having worked as a detective for years before the outbreak, Byunghee tend to be observant. The four guys were holding up riffles each. One of the girl looked down and distracted, not even smiling like in the pictures she was in before while the other smiled elegantly. This... Byunghee thought, was taken after the outbreak.

He almost put back the picture on the rack when something clicked in his mind. Could Mir be here? He scanned the pictures closely again. Choosing three pictures of them in group, he kept looking back and forth between the three pictures. "A fort?" He whispered to himself, guessing based on the view behind the group of people. But, there were two forts here. Which one? Which one could it be? East or west? East was closer to here. Could it be East fort? But what if it was west fort? Then he would waste a journey and each second was precious to him. 

Sound of echoing footsteps stopped Byunghee's train of thought. Not wanting to jump into the conclusion of that it might be Mir, Byunghee crouched down, hiding under one of the table. Soon, the door creaked open and a pair of legs stepped into his line of sight. 

The slender legs turned towards Byunghee and stepped closer to the hiding boy. Byunghee took out his gun and held it tight when suddenly the leg bent and crouched, bringing down a smiling face. The one he could never imagine would be here. 

 

 

-after that short writer block, suddenly got some ideas. So, yea... double updates. Whew~ (- -)-