chapter 7

Apocalypse III

"Where are you going?" Seungho turned when that small high pitched voice called for him. Taemin was skipping to him with a smile on his lips. Hmm... Weird.

"Where's Key?" Seungho asked, cocking his brows. It was weird that Taemin actually was alone with Key nowhere in sight. It was weirder that Taemin actually chose to talk to him. The young boy never was left alone with him. And they never talk when there were only two of them together. It was a given since there were quite a number of them in a group. So, it wasn't really strange one or two members had never talked directly with each other.

Taemin shrugged, and jumped to a stop when he finally reached Seungho's side. "With Jonghyun hyung probably."

Seungho blinked. "And Minho?"

"He's with Rain hyung. Who knows. He keeps annoying Rain hyung since this morning. Still with his -kicking ." Taemin answered with a faint pout.

Seungho nodded and walked back in a slower pace while Taemin following closely. Was this kid bored or something? Because Key and Minho weren't playing with him, so he chose to follow Seungho? Seungho out of all the other people? Why not Onew? Why not Sanghyun? Why not the others? Why him?

"We're going to hunt, right?" Taemin asked excitedly, stars literally pouring out of the boy's eyes as he looked up to the older.

Seungho was taken back a bit by the cheerful boy by his side now. "Well, Iam going for a hunt." He said, pressing on the word 'I'. "What do you want?" He didn't mean to be offensive, but he did anyway.

Taemin didn't scramble away like Seungho expected him to. The boy in a deep breath. "Teach me." He asked, halting his steps, eyes following Seungho whom had walked a bit ahead from him. His delicate features suddenly tensed.

Seungho also stopped and turned to face the younger who was three steps behind him. "Teach you what?" He asked curiously, eyeing the seemingly uncertain boy.

Taemin chewed on his bottom lips as his eyes were looking anywhere but Seungho. 

"Taemin..." Seungho called slowly as he stepped closer to the younger. "What are you planning on?" He asked skeptically.

"Err... I just want you to teach me." The younger looked up with hopeful eyes towards the older.

"Teach you what?" Seungho repeated his question, crossing his hands impatiently.

"To hunt. To... To fight and to..." Taemin blinked and swallowed. "To kill." He finally said. "I want to kill walkers too. I want to know how to use gun. To use sword. Knife..." 

Seungho released a heavy sigh. "You know Key won't agree." He reminded the younger.

"But, I want to be strong too!" Taemin retaliated, voice louder than intended. He fisted both of his hands, showing just how much he wanted this . "I want to be able to protect you guys until Mir hyung come back. He told me to be stronger. I can't always hope for other people to save me. I need to be able to protect myself." He added, eyes showed determination.

Seungho kept quiet as he listened to Taemin's arguement. He knew the boy was right. But he also knew why Key insisting on not letting Taemin learn how to fight. Key wanted those innocence in Taemin to stay. Though they were just killing walkers, those walkers once were human too, just like them. It wasn't that different from actually killing living people. Key won't let Taemin polluted his hands with blood. But, he guessed, it couldn't be help...

"Please?" Taemin added with a small voice as he grabbed Seungho's hem of shirt, tugging it a little like a kid wanting a candy. "Oh?"

Seungho exhaled and stepped backward, watching as Taemin's hand that was clinging on his shirt fall limp on the boy's side. The younger looked down and depressed, probably the boy thought that Seungho didn't agree to his request. "Let's go then." Seungho tilted his head to beckon the younger to follow him. Taemin looked up in pure surprised. "You said you want to learn. Come. I'll talk to Key later." He offered again and Taemin beamed as he skipped behind the older.

'I'll be stronger, Mir hyung. Just like you want me to.' The boy promised to himself.