chapter 4

Apocalypse III

"I have no choice." Mir said. He lowered his gun. The stranger looked curiously on the smaller boy, but his hand still had a firm grip on his own gun.

"You killed her." The stranger growled still repeating that same sentence, cocking his gun dangerously towards the shorter boy.

Mir's eyes flickered passed the stranger's shoulder. He saw Sanghyuk was standing behind the boy. "Why now?" He whispered to himself. Why would he see hallucination of Sanghyuk again? 

"Stay alive. For me." Mir frowned. He was always seeing Sanghyuk. But the hallucination never talk. Until now. Had his mentality hit the rock bottom? That was the only explanation he had left unless he believed in existence of ghost and spirit. Did he?

Mir closed his eyes, trying to get back his sense. Trying to chase Sanghyuk's images away from him. "Not now." He whispered, but when he opened his eyes again, Sanghyuk was still there. Standing on the same spot. Shaking his head ever so slowly like he was disagreeing with whatever in Mir's deepest mind.

"Fight. Survive. Live for me." The shadowy figure of Sanghyuk was fading away, becoming translucent before it disappear from his sight completely.

He knew. Sanghyuk knew Mir was throwing away his life. And even when it was probably his own imagination of Sanghyuk, he still couldn't find it in himself to ignore Sanghyuk's request. To stay alive.

The stranger was frowning all the way, watching as the smaller boy seemingly was wrapped up in his own world. 

Out of blue, Mir raised the gun in his hand and in a split moment, sound of gushot followed by metal clanking on the floor as Mir's shot hit the gun in the stranger's hand and the weapon recoiled with the impact and fall from the stranger's hand onto the floor. Mir made it seem so easy. Using gun came naturally to the boy. As if the gun was part of his own body. 

"Let's not do this." Mir said, eyes were sharp as he put back his gun into the holster. 

The guy looked shock but only for a while before a sick smile tugged on his lips. "I will still have my revenge." With that, the guy once again bolted towards Mir. 

But Mir had found his resolve. He was determined to stay alive. To keep surviving. And Mir with resolved mind was stronger than most of men including the guy facing him in this fight right at this moment. Determined Mir was far stronger than anyone could think he would be.

Mir twisted his body, easily evading the stranger's powerful tackle. The guy staggered forward and stopped abruptly and sickening sound of metal piercing flesh faintly resounded in the room. Mir turned and frowned as he heard painful moan from the guy. He carefully took a few steps nearer to the guy and his eyes widened in alarming size as the guy flipped his body to lay on his back. He didn't expect this. A metal rod was impaled right on the the guy's chest. Crimson blood wetted the pale purple shirt the guy was wearing.

"Oh god." Mir breathed out and tried to help, but the guy locked his hand in an iron grip. His glossy eyes peered on Mir's soft brown ones. "I still can save you." Mir said, trying to pull back his hand. But the grip just tightened more around his hand.

"No." The guy croaked out with hardship. A small smile ghosted his lips before he winced in pain. "I-" He swallowed. "I always want to die. But, I never find courage to d-do that myself." He said in a small voice. Mir stayed in silence, listening attentively at the guy laying in front of him, floating between living and dying. "Now... Now I ca-can finally be with her." Mir sighed. There was no use of saving this guy's life if he, himself have gave up on living. "Are you really the-the one killing my Fany?"

Mir bit his bottom lips and finally shook his head. "Not directly." He muttered. "But if you're looking for someone to blame, blame me."

The guy smiled. "Your eyes..." He raised his index finger and traced it at the flesh below Mir's wide brown eyes. At that, Mir rose his brows. "Your eyes are the same as hers. Wh-why couldn't I see it before? Yo-your eyes have kindness in them. You couldn't be the-the one who killed her." The guy coughed and his face scrunched up in pain. He wouldn't have believed that Mir was the one whom had murdered Tiffany if he wasn't so consumed with anger. Innocence literally flowed out of Mir's being.

"It's worth living. To stay alive even when it mean staying alive in this kind of world. For the one we have and for the one we love." Mir said, reminding himself of that very same fact. Not just for that stranger. But a reminder for himself too. For the sake of Sanghyuk. For the sake of the ones he loves and treasures. Though his voice was monotone, but his words managed to make their way into the guy's heart as the guy locked his eyes with Mir's. "Now. I can't say that Tiffany would want you to keep living. I don't know her. But you do. You know her well. So, tell me. What would she say to you? What would she ask from you? To stay alive or to die with her? Tell me. Will you stay alive?" And they both knew the answer.

 

 

 

I watched Mir in Real Man variety show. That kid has done well in his first shoot exam. He almost hit bull eye and all 3 rounds of shoot was around the centre. Very close to bulleye. VERY CLOSE. He has good aim! Even when he said he was nervous, he had done exceptionally great job! Make me so proud of uri maknae Mir. Even the soldiers there said the shoot Mir has done is not easy. He sure has talent with firearm. So, this isn't fully my imagination. Mir with firearm is way too cool~ He even pass the second round of exam, uri timid shooter, Mir, even when his hair and hat were blocking his view. Imagine if his view wasn't blocked. He might get into special force right away. He's type 'A' after all. My heart hurt that he injured his back again but then he made me laughed with his cute fear of needle