chapter 38

Apocalypse III

Mir jumped onto the roof of the sport car, sitting cross legs. "What are you doing up there?" Sanghyun asked, trying to climb up as well.

"What else do you think I'm doing?" Mir asked back, tilting his head slightly towards Seungho and Byunghee who was talking to Leeteuk not that far from the car.

"Owh..." Sanghyun nodded with a grin. There were six of them going home in one car. Of course it wouldn't fit especially in such small car. "Isn't it great not having to follow any traffic rules anymore." He commented. "I want to join!" He whined and kept on trying to climb the lean car.

Mir crawled on the roof and pulled the tall boy by his arm easily onto the car roof. 

Sanghyun sat cross legs beside Mir, bouncing a bit on his seat. "This is exciting." He commented with excitement written all over his features. "Mir, make sure to hold onto me if you feel like falling off on the ride."

Mir snickered at that remark. "Hyung. I'm much better at balancing than you do. And who was it again that even need help to climb the car just now?" He teased. Sanghyun was about to rebel when another voice interrupted.

"What the hell are you two doing up there?" Joon came with frown on his face seeing the two youngers were sitting on the roof of the car. Key who was following Joon from behind just gave the two boys on the roof a single glance. His face was covered by dark gloomy cloud.

"Just enjoying the wind." Sanghyun simply answered. "Oh yeah. I just remembered. What about Seulong-shi?" He turned back to Mir.

"He already went out this morning to search for Jinwoon and the others if they are still alive. He said he'll bring them to live in here." Mir said, smiling slightly. He will be missing the boy for sure. And he was hoping the others were still alive. He did told Seulong to come with him. But the choice rest with the boy and he respect the boy's decision.

"Hyung!" A small voice called and the four of them turned to see a small boy running fast in their direction like a bullet train. None of them could even react as the boy ran straight into Key, knocking the blonde hair boy onto the ground.

Key groaned. "Taeminnie..." 

Taemin shifted and looked straight into Key's eyes. "I hope the car still have space for me."

Key blinked. "You..." He trailed off, looking pass Taemin's shoulder to see Sungmin shooting him with sharp glare before the doctor left to the infirmary.

"I think I can't be happy if I don't hear your nagging every morning." Taemin said cheekily before he yelped when he was pulled up from behind. 

"Get into the car." Seungho said, giving light push to Taemin before he helped Key up. "We're going home."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Lizzy wiped off the beads of sweat on her forehead. "Onew oppa." He called the other boy who was hunching over, tilling the land not that far from her. "It's sunset already." She reminded.

Onew raised his hand and showed her an 'okay' sign. He looked around him with satisfied expression on the work they had done to the farm.

"We got quite lots of harvest today. Finally!" Rain exclaimed, holding up the basket in his hands happily. Minho and Jonghyun followed from behind, each was carrying one basket filled with different vegetables.

Nana and Wooyoung peered from their position on the rooftop of the house. "Let's make soup tonight." Nana shouted from the roof cheerfully.

Wooyoung nudged the girl on her waist gently by his elbow. "Who's going to cook?" He asked.

"What? Of course me." Nana answered, making it looked like the most obvious thing ever. She had been cooking since Key left to East fort with Byunghee and the others.

Wooyoung's face darkened. "I wish Key will be back faster." Right after that words, he flinched back at the burning aura of anger from Nana.

"Are you insulting my cooking skill?" She seethed like a viper.

Wooyoung crawled backwards. He was about to say something when he saw a car from far. And he recognized right away that car. "Guys!" He called out. "They are back!"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Mir!" Lizzy threw herself to Mir once the car stopped and Mir jumped off the car roof. Mir easily hoisted the light girl into his arms and twirled a bit before he put her down. "You will never leave again. And this isn't question. This is order." Lizzy said sternly, making Mir chuckled.

"Arasso." Mir simply answered. His brown locks were messed and he saw the others were already surrounding him. "Hey, guys. I'm back."

Jonghyun flashed a crooked smile. "You sure took a long time." 

"I guess I did." Mir grinned. "But I'm home now."

And until the last day of their life, this is their family. New and old. This is their home. This is where they will spend all the remaining time. Hopefully, they will not be separated again. Their big family even with no blood relation... 

-one more extra chapter. Hehe... supposedly end here. Ah well, it doesn't hurt for just one more chap-

*actually two more chaps*