chapter 36

Apocalypse III

Seohyun monitored Mir as the boy was sleeping peacefully on the bed. The antivirus seemed to really had worked this time. Hope could be restored. Finally.

Mir woke up, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "Did I turned?" was the first thing he asked though he didn't really expect the answer that was to come.

Seohyun shook her head, smiling the widest she ever did.

Mir sat still. He was still absorbing all the seemingly unrealistic information when a pair of arms enveloped him from his side. It was Byunghee. "This time, it's a real welcome back for you." The older whispered.

"It can't be." Mir stuttered. This just didn't seem real to him. "It seems so easy. Is this a dream?" He whispered to himself but Byunghee caught each words and the older shook his head.

"Don't you ever say it is so easy. Not after what we have gone through for the past month. Not after what you have gone through. It was never easy. It is never easy." The older reminded.

Mir slowly covered Byunghee's arms with his hands. "So... I'm cured? I really am?" Byunghee nodded a few times, tightening his hold on the younger. That was when Mir realized, he didn't feel that urge anymore. That hunger... They were all gone. He was about to smile when he suddenly remembered something. Pushing Byunghee off of him, he almost poked the older's eyes with his index finger. "What on earth are you doing in here?" He asked skeptically.

Byunghee raised his hands in surrender. "It was Joon's idea. He wanted to keep you company." He quickly defended himself.

"Where-" Mir stopped when he felt movement next to him. He turned and saw Joon was sleeping there soundly, even snoring lightly in his sleep. Feeling heat crept up to his head, he seethed. "I thought I told you to stay away from me." And he kicked the sleeping boy, resulting in Joon landed on the floor with a loud thud, waking up in confusion.

"But, nothing happened and you're cured." Byunghee retorted back. Both of them stubbornly stared at each other, ignoring Joon who had already climbed back on the bed next to Mir to continue his disturbed nap.

Mir's stare faltered. His dark brown eyes softened. A smile finally adored Mir's lips. He really couldn't do anything about these two. He was really helpless whenever it came to these people. "Hey, hyung..." He called quietly, enveloping Byunghee's hand with his own. "I'm back."

Byunghee smiled. "I know. Welcome back." It was finally over... Finally... Over...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Or not... Mir frowned in confusion, all the while still kept patting on Taemin's head and hushing the crying boy in his embrace. Whenever he tried to pull away, Taemin only tightened his hold on Mir's wrist like some kind of anaconda and wailed more into Mir's chest.

"What the hell happened? Who the freaking death-wishing-idiot who made him cry?" Mir mouthed to Seungho who was innocently standing there as bystander.

The leader was flustered seeing how vicious the look in Mir's eyes. If only look could kill. It wasn't like Taemin was his son, so why the hell Mir was so fierce when it came to Taemin? "It's Key." He finally answered.

Mir was obviously dumbstruck. Of all people, Key was the last, no, Key wasn't even in the list of the people he suspected whom would make Taemin cried like this.

"Mir hyung! Key hyung hates me." The honey blonde cried out, making Mir almost jumped in shock. Mir, in seconds was already back to whispering soothing words in the boy's ear, trying to calm the boy down.

Mir looked up when he heard footsteps. A long brown haired boy, looking few years older than himself was approaching him with Taecyeon following closely behind. "Are you Mir?" He asked, glancing at the still crying Taemin a bit. Mir nodded in response. "Taemin, stop crying." The stranger tried, but Taemin just buried his face into Mir's chest. The stranger sighed and focused his attention back to Mir. "My name is Leeteuk. I'm the new president of this fort. I heard about your condition from Sanghyun. Can you come with us?"

Mir glanced at Sanghyun who was standing just behind Seungho. "What condition?" Mir asked back.

Sanghyun rolled his eyes. "Leeteuk-shi... Mir had been missing for days. You really think, your people here still hasn't done any experiment on him? The fact that he is suddenly here now and all up and ready to come home with us proves that your scientist or whoever he or she is has succeeded in developing the antivirus." He replied dryly, looking down on Leeteuk whom for him, was quite slow at deducing things when it was actually him who was too fast and sensitive to everything that was happening to his surrounding and people around him especially the ones close to him.

Mir gaped as he heard the words that fall from Sanghyun's mouth. He turned to see Byunghee and Joon both were hanging their jaws low. Surely those two weren't the one telling Sanghyun about this if those comedic expressions on their faces told him anything. He turned back. Well, Seungho didn't look that surprise. But, that boy never was easy to be surprised.

"How did-" Before Mir could finish his question, Seohyun came running.

"Found you at last." The girl managed between her heavy breathing. "I have good news for you two." She said after inhaling a few deep breaths, putting his hand on Leeteuk's shoulder.

"What? That you got the antivirus complete?" Leeteuk asked dryly, copying Sanghyun.

Seohyun blinked. "How did you know?" She asked, obviously shocked. Leeteuk turned towards Sanghyun's direction and the others around the place, Seungho, Mir, Joon, Byunghee, Seohyun and Taecyon all focused their eyes on the boy. 

Sanghyun blinked and stepped back nervously. His shy and timid personality came back to him. "I... I j-just. I-I guess I'm j-just observant." He really couldn't get used to so much attention after all. And he stepped behind Seungho, hiding himself there.

"Hyung~" Taemin whined as he realized Mir had forgotten about him and he tugged on Mir's hem of shirt. Mir cooed the crying boy back, deciding that yea... He had long knew Sanghyun was that wise. So, he supposed he shouldn't be as surprised anymore. 

"Okay, Minnie, let's go to somewhere much more private first." Mir pulled Taemin with him as he really was getting dizzy with all of these people here. And it was better alone with Taemin especially with the way Taemin was pouring a river of tears by now.