chapter 22

Apocalypse III

Byunghee turned to Taemin who was almost lying on his stomach just next to the older. The younger's eyes fixed on the guards pacing the wall. "Why can't we just go there and ask them if Mir is here?" Byunghee whispered. He was about to do just as that when Taemin told him to park the motorbike far from the wall to the fort and just travel by foot. And now, they were hiding in the bushes near the fort.

"You don't know them, hyung." Taemin whispered back, eyes not leaving the guards, looking for a chance to slip into the fort unnoticedly.

"But you do?" Byunghee inquired. Taemin obviously knew something and the older wanted to satisfy his curiousity.

Taemin sighed, looking back at Byunghee. "I lived here before. Before I met Mir hyung and the others." He started. "And..." He didn't really know where he should start? 

"And...?" Byunghee encouraged the younger, eyes wide opened in curiousity.

"Hyung... What you need to know is that we can't trust them. Especially the pathetic excuse of president. That jerk Siwon." He said, gritting his teeth. "They would do anything to secure their subjects hence their positions even if that means killing their own men." 

Byunghee's eyes lowered down. Taemin undoubtedly had a history here. Bitter one. And he won't force the younger to tell him. "You don't have to tell me the whole story if you don't want too." He said gently.

Taemin shook his head. "Ani. But I'll tell you later. Right now, we must find Mir hyung. Before we're too late. And that just made Byunghee more worried than he was before.

"What do you mean too late?"

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"We're too late." Hongki whispered to himself when five tall and buffed men blocking the three boys way. The men then moved away a bit, giving space for another man to walked ahead. That man smiled a half crooked smile, his eyes were nothing but confident as he scruntinized the three boys.

Mir pulled Hongki to his side and whispered near the blond boy's ears. "Is he...?"

Hongki nodded once to Mir's "Siwon." He replied.

"Well. Well. Well. What do we got here?" Siwon started, clapping his hands once in exaggerated gestures. Making him look sinister. "I'm sorry boys. It wasn't like I love killing you guys, but I can't have your friend over there tattletale the confidential information he happened to hear." That guy didn't look a bit guilty even with the words he uttered.

Mir had to say he started to dislike that man. And his instict usually correct, well, except in Seulong's case. Seulong suddenly turned towards Mir and rose his brows in question, and that was when Mir realized that he had been staring the older. Flinched back a bit, Mir shook his head and watched the threat in front of them, feeling his cheeks burning at the smile on Seulong's lips that he somehow managed to saw from the corner of his eyes.

Siwon raised his right hand and flicked at his wrist joint, pointing towards the three intruders. The other five men charged towards the three boys. Having no choice, the three boys attacked back the five buff men in a heated fight. 

"Stop!" Mir saw how Seohyun was running towards the president. 

Siwon frowned at the young scientist. "Go back, Seohyun. This has nothing to do with you." He said dryly.

But, Seohyun didn't give up. When he saw one of the man had trapped Mir against the wall, with his large hand clasped around Mir's neck, she ran forward, shielding the brown hair boy with her own body. "It is! He's my patient and he has entrusted himself to me." She shouted, didn't even flinch or even blink when the man's other hand swung to her, targetting her soft cheek.

"Stop!" A clear order from Siwon and the hand stop just two inches from Seohyun's cheek. Of course Siwon won't let Seohyun got hurt. He had always been having some feeling for the beautiful girl even when he never admitted it. "Patient? What kind of patient?" He inquired, narrowing his eyes.

Seohyun was about to open to answer when suddenly a scream tore through the hallway. She turned so fast towards Mir and saw the boy's features were scrunched up in pain. Both hands clutched on his short brown locks.

It was here again. It was here. The pain, it was worse than the first wave. It felt like if he didn't clenched shut his eyes, they will bulged out of the sockets. He would have fall on his knees in pain if it wasn't for that hand that was still wrapped around his neck, threatening to crush his windpipe.

"Mir!" Seohyun called, her soft hands cupped on Mir's hands that were clutching and pulling his brown locks. "Let him go!" She hissed at the man and the man only unwrapped his hand from Mir when he saw the subtle nod from the president. The five buffed men retreated back a few steps leaving Hongki, Seulong and Seohyun to encircle Mir who was writhing in pain.

Right when the hand left him, Mir fall on his knees and subsequently he lied on the floor, curling himself into a ball on his side in pain. "It's hurt." 

"What is happening?" Hongki asked as Seohyun checked on the boy. Mir's bangs sticked on his sweaty forehead. His face pale and his skin felt cold. 

"I don't know..." Seohyun breathed out, eyeing Mir worriedly. She didn't know what happened thus didn't know how to help the boy.

Not knowing what else to do, Seohyun put Mir's head on her lap, trying to calm Mir down, all the while carrying that worry creases on her face.

Mir gasped and screamed more but this time out of fear as he saw flashes of blood and dead bodies in his mind. His wide eyes flew opened and widened in horror. "No..." He writhed when he felt his stomach churned in foreign hunger. A feeling he never experienced before but strangely, he knew too well what he wanted. What he needed. He was in need. In need... Of flesh. Of human flesh...