chapter 8

Apocalypse III

It was getting brighter. The ray of first sunshine shone through the purplish blue sky, making the surrounding clearer to Mir's sight. Mir felt a load on his back and felt warm breath on his nape. Nickhun was panting softly. "You idiot." Mir sighed as he saw how Nickhun was getting paler from the corner of his eyes. The other's round eyes were closed. 

"I'm okay." Nickhun said weakly with his still closed eyes. Even when he said that, it was obvious to Mir that he wasn't okay. Not at all. "Just..." He trailed off, now leaning completely on the younger boy in front of him.

Knowing Nickhun was loosing consciousness, Mir pulled on the horse strap. His wide eyes wandered around the buildings by the side of the tar road they were on now. It seemed like they were in one of the small city. "Come on, Maxie." Mir cooed and kicked lighty on the horse's side and they made way to a small building of a convenient store.

Mir swung his right leg to the left and side-sat on the horse. His left hand grabbed on Nickhun's slump shoulder and he gave the other a slight shook. Nickhun barely peeled open his round eyes.

"Stay awake. I'm checking on the place, and then we can rest." Mir said in a quiet and soft voice. He waited until Nickhun gave a small nod before he jumped off of Max. "Max. I'm relying on you. Take care of him." Mir said and patted Max's nape. The white horse snorted tamely and nudged his head against Mir's cheek, inviting a warm smile on those pouty lips. Mir gave a last on the horse's nose and went ahead into the bulding.

Before he entered the small one-storey building, Mir took out his gun and his blade holding both in each hand. He crossed both of his hand in front of his face as he made a silent move into the building.

The lamp wasn't working which wasn't surprising, but it wasn't dark as the daylight ray managed to through the uncovered glass doors and windows. Mir was walking slowly, eyes scanning the room, when he heard sound of flesh being torn and growling sound behind the counter.

Crooning his neck, he saw a walker, still dressing in the red uniform of a cashier was devouring an already half eaten human. The gut was spilling out of the open stomach and the walkers was chewing on the flesh of the dead man's calves.

Grimacing in displeased, Mir jumped over the counter and swiftly plunged his blade into the walker's temple. He looked over the already eaten body and sighed, stabbing on the poor lady's temple as precaution before he continued scanning the building.

Mir at least found and had to kill two more walkers in the store before he finally nodded firmly, as he was sure the store was now clear. Mir drug all of the two walkers he had put off and left them behind the counter.

A loud neigh from the horse outside snapped Mir from his work. "Maxie!" He called as he dashed out of the room. Right when he stepped out of the store, sound of gushot, and the white fur of his horse were stained with scarlet fluid. "No!"