chapter 14

Apocalypse III

Crack! His hand stopped halfway in midair. His brows buched up as he watched the cracked mug on the table. It was too sudden. Without any reason. Making it looked like a bad omen.

"Where's this kid has gone to?" Came Key's nagging voice into the kitchen. "Oh Byunghee hyung?" He greeted when he saw the older on the kitchen counter. The blonde hair boy walked around the kitchen counter. In his hands was some raw food probably for dinner. It must have been hunted down by Jonghyun or Minho. "Why are you drinking from broken mug? You're going to cut your lips." He asked frowning and took away the mug with one line crack.

"It cracked by itself just now." Byunghee told, shrugging.

Key looked up from the two mugs in his hands. Replacing the broken mug, he put the new mug with still hot coffee in front of Byunghee whom just nodded a silence thanks. Their eyes met for a second and Key saw the look. "Bad feeling?" He asked, noticing the dark cloud on the older's face.

Byunghee looked up and smiled. "Never a day I have good feeling since he left." He answered honestly, a smile that seemed so forced pulled at the corner of his pink lips.

Key smiled back. His smile was a reflection of Byunghee's. Bitter and sour. "It has been weeks." He stated quietly, sniffing ever so subtly before continued working the raw meat at the sink.

"Will he ever come back?" Byunghee and Key turned to the kitchen door at that deep voice. Joon was standing there, looking a bit disheveled. Eyes a bit red and puffy, probably just had woken up from a deep slumber. He took a seat beside Byunghee. "I was having bad dream." He sighed. "Of Mir."

"Let's just hope it stays as dream." Key said. The kitchen then became quiet. Everything around them felt like clenching on their guts. Even the air they were breathing in taste like poison. Mir... Would they met him again? Would the boy come back to them? Would that be... Unlikely...?

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

Sanghyun looked around the building. "Hospital?" He asked, looking back at Seungho whom nodded once.

"Why hospital?" Taemin asked this time, exchanging confused look with Sanghyun whom simply shrugged his shoulder unknowingly.

Seungho smirked and waltzed to stand just next to one of the window there. He waved over the two younger boy to follow him and the two did obediently. "Because of this." He said and knocked on the glass window.

Suddenly, three walkers slammed on the glass window, making Taemin fall backwards in shock. Sanghyun only flinched in small surprise before he helped Taemin to stand up again.

Seungho took out two blades and two guns. "Let's see how good you can hold it up by yourself in there." He said, handing each of the younger with the weapons. "Try not to waste the bullets." He reminded even when they had loads of ammo from the house that they used as shelter a year ago, but it was better to use them wisely. They probably needed them more in the future. That was why, he and the other fighters more used to use blade or sword instead of firearm.

"Are you serious, hyung?" Sanghyun asked, raising his brows as he eyed both Seungho and the weapons being held out to him. Seungho nodded once, unfazed. Sanghyun sighed. Seungho and him were close to each other, almost like real brothers, but whenever it was training time, Seungho drew a clear line between student and teacher. Sure, sometimes he kind of annoyed by the older but this strict part of the older made him respect Seungho more.

"Ah well..." Taemin breathed, taking the weapons into his own hands. "Seems like we have no choice." He continued, taking another set of weapons from Seungho's hand and gave it to Sanghyun before the two most innocent members of their surviving group made an entrance to the hospital.

 

 

-So... I almost didn't update today, but then Mir tweeted that he's going out practice with his cute picture ♡♡♡ and MBLAQ confirmed their comeback in June. Yeay! Banzai!!! So I update (==")-