chapter 3

Apocalypse III

Seungho tilled the land for the crops to grow, pausing a few times to wipe the beads of sweat on his forehead and stretched his back. He looked around the very much peaceful farm and smiled. Finally... After more than a year running around here and there. Living in fear. Finally. Finally they found a place that was actually very much clear from walkers. For now. And he hoped this home would last long.

However, his smile faltered as the images of Mir flashed across his sight. Oh... How much he hoped seeing that boy running around on the field, smiling cheerfully and waving enthusiastically at him. But, the boy had to go. The boy wanted to go and he had to respect the boy's decision.

He knew Byunghee and Joon didn't understand the reason of why they let Mir left. The two didn't understand why Mir chose to leave. Seungho too, at first didn't understand Mir but he still let the boy go because he respected the boy and knew it was the boy's call. Not his. 

But, Sanghyun later at that same night Mir left, told him and the others that Mir did that for them. Because that was the way Mir showed how the boy love them. Because of Mir's love for them, the boy couldn't stay. Mir didn't want to be a burden.

If Mir was going to turn, the boy knew none of them would be the same again. Mir had gone through that. Killing Sanghyuk with his own hand. Mir didn't want to put any of them in the same position he had been. Not when he knew how it felt like. But still, Byunghee and Joon didn't understand. More like, they didn't want to understand.

Sound of huff from his side caught his attention. Sanghyun flopped onto a lying tree bark not far from him. The boy's lips curled downward.

"What's the matter now?" Seungho asked, putting away the hoe in his hands, taking advantage for a break.

"Byunghee hyung and Joon hyung still won't eat." Sanghyun said, pouting his pink lips. He swayed his body forwards and backwards as he watched the older got back to his job not even responding to his words. He huffed. "Did you hear me?"

"I did." Seungho's short answer caused the younger to squinted his eyes in displease.

"Aren't you worried?" Sanghyun asked again. "They won't eat." He emphasized each words.

Seungho his dry lips. "They are both adults." He made a simple comment which Sanghyun obviously not satisfied of. Seungho chuckled as he saw the displeased frown on Sanghyun's face which was nothing but cute. "Let them be. They'll come around eventually."

Sound of rustling caught both of their attention. Byunghee and Joon were approaching them and Sanghyun noticed the sling back across Byunghee's shoulder and the backpack on Joon's back. The youngest of the four immediately jumped on his feet, alarmed.

"We're leaving." Byunghee said, no trace of doubt in his voice. Joon was nodding firmly next to Byunghee.

"Hyung!" Sanghyun half-shouted. Brows bunched up.

Seungho sighed. He stopped plowing the field and left the hoe fall flat on the ground. He approached the two boys with both hands on his hips. "You think Mir would agree to this rash decision?" He asked knowing where the two boys intended on heading. They were going after Mir.

"Rash?" Joon scoffed. "You let Mir leave. Why not us?" Joon asked totally not understanding the way of Seungho's thinking.

"Because I know Mir made decision based on rationality. Not on impulse. He isn't one that follow solely on feelings." Seungho voiced out.

Byunghee and Joon exchanged a look. They couldn't actually say anything against that statement as they realized Seungho was speaking the truth. A bitter truth. But, Mir couldn't always be right. Why couldn't Mir be wrong for once? That way, they would have strong reason to support their decision to get the boy back.

Sanghyun stepped forward and grabbed both of Byunghee's and Joon's hands. "We live together for a long time already. Even before Mir came into the picture."

"But..." Joon's voice trailed off as his eyes lowered down to Sanghyun's hand which was holding onto his. "We can't just leave Mir out there alone."

"He is one strong boy. I know he will find his way back to us after finding the answer he seek for." Seungho said, putting a hand on Byunghee's shoulder. Eyes looking back and forth between Byunghee and Joon. "Let's just wait patiently for him."

Sanghyun almost believed that the two hyungs were starting to come around but then Byunghee stepped backwards. Of course the older won't give up easily. It was Mir after all who they were talking about. And everyone could see how attached Byunghee to Mir and the same goes to Mir though the younger didn't really show it.

"I don't care how rational his decision was. I still think his made a wrong call." Byunghee pulled his hand away from Sanghyun's loose grip and subtly shook away Seungho's hand on his shoulder. "And I'm going after him."

"You don't even know where he has gone to." Sanghyun shot. His eyes softened just after a second. His hand found Byunghee's again. "Please don't leave."

Byunghee bit his lips as his eyes wandered to the outside of the safety gate around the field as if he was hoping Mir's figure would appear from the far. After a long moment, he breathed out. "Come back, Mir." And he felt a comforting hand on his back. He looked back to Joon who was having sad smile on his lips.

"He'll be back. We just have to wait." Jonghyun's voice suddenly cut into the moment as the boy was stroding to the other four. He was carrying some seeds for vegetables. His voice was still filled with confidence. Not trace of doubt. Not even a bit. The other four boys could never figure out of how could Jonghyun always has such a strong faith in Mir. It was the same as when all of them thought Mir was dead a year ago except him and Minho. He believed Mir was still alive and he was right. Mir was alive. And Mir came back to them.

Their eyes were all on the far away field where Mir had left through. "If you said so." Byunghee muttered, his hand left the bag and cupped Sanghyun's hand. He would wait. They would wait.

 

-my updates going to be slow since I'm pretty much lack of idea-