chapter 17

Apocalypse III

Mir approached the tall wall slowly, seeing as few guys pacing on the thick wall with fiearms in hands noticing him and the three others. All of the guards seemed well-built and strong. Fitting the position of guarding the wall and boundaries of the fort.

One of the guard cocked his riffle in Mir's direction, acting hostile towards the unexpected guests. "What do you want?" He asked. His voice showed no hint of friendliness.

"Can I talk to the one in charge?" Mir asked back.

The guard exchanged a look with another guard who was just making his way to them before he burst in laughter. "Boy... Who do you think you are, asking to meet our President?" He turned to one of the guy. "Hey, Taecyeon. Look here. Another stupid people trying to get their way in here."

The abnormally tall guy namely Taecyeon came jogging with a sarcastic smile on his lips. But, his smile faltered when his eyes caught the sight of an unconscious figure on Seulong's back. "Khun!" He called and jumped off the wall, landing in a squat before he charged to the boy, inspecting his friend. "What did you do to him?" He growled, pointing his gun to Mir.

"Don't. He save me." A weak voice interfered. Nickhun was looking at Taecyeon with half-lidded eyes. His shaky hands reached out for Taecyeon's arm, ever so weakly, pushing it down. Pushing the gun away from Mir. 

Taecyeon quickly grabbed Nickhun's hand before he turned to the other guards whom was as shocked as him. "Junsu! Call Seohyun here!" He instructed and the guard whom had abruptly stopped laughing just now as he realized the situation, jumped off the wall into the other side.

Taecyeon slowly got Nickhun off of Seulong's back into his own arms. He sat on the ground with Nickhun half-lying on his laps. 

Another guard came running to Taecyeon and Nickhun. "How is he?" He asked. The guard's slanted eyes displayed concern and worries.

Taecyeon shook his head anxiously. "Not good." He answered and lightly patted on the injured boy's cheek. "Hey! What happened?" But Nickhun was already unresponsive. The heat radiating from him was worryingly high.

Mir watched with a small relief in his chest. At least some of the people here seemed to actually care about the wounded boy. The sound of creaking made Mir his heels, watching as the entry gate opened a bit, revealing Junsu with a beautiful girl wearing white lab coat on tow. Both of them got to Nickhun's side almost immediately.

The girl checked on the wounded boy in Taecyeon's lap before instructing Taecyeon to carry Nickhun inside. "What about President Siwon?" Junsu asked, worried and torn between the order from president and the safety of his friend.

"Is that anything to worry about now? I'll take responsibility!" Even when her voice was soft, no one could denied the sternness in her voice. There was air of elegance dancing around her that could made anyone cower in her presence. Not out of fear but out of respect and admiration.

Sensing how he could probably trust the girl, Mir grab a hold of her arm when she was about to walk past him. The girl turned to Mir, confusion written on her face. "I got bitten. Weeks ago." He was actually getting a bit bored having to keep repeating that same sentence to different people, but it wasn't like he could help it. It was vital. That information was vital.

The girl's eyes momentarily went wide as she eyed Hongki and Seulong who were quietly waiting and watching the scene unfolded. Her eyes then drifted towards the slightly opened entry gate. On Nickhun who was still unconscious in Taecyeon's hold before her eyes once again landed on Mir. "Follow me. Your friends too." She ordered, her questions needed to wait for a while. At least until she finished treating Nickhun and making sure the boy wouldn't die from the infection. But, at the same time she still was debating whether to let the President on in the new finding of the new boy. Should her? Or it was better to keep it as secret? Shaking her head, she scolded herself mentally. He needed to focus on Nickhun first.

 

 

-I'm sorry that I haven't update as fast as I used to before. It's just that, I don't really know how to write out my idea for this fic and the outcome ended up a bit different than the one in my head. I hope this isn't writer blocker-