extra

Apocalypse III

Mir put down the basket in his hand. He pulled off his hat and put it next to the basket. He tilted his head when he saw Taemin was sitting alone on the cut tree bark, not joining the others who were busy harvesting the crops and preparing for their large dinner. Seemed like a party with the number of people they had here.

Crossing his arms in front of his chest, Mir walked slowly towards Taemin. He didn't need to see Taemin's face to know the younger was spacing out with gloomy expression. When he reached the younger's side, he watched the beautiful orange and red glow of the sunset on the sky. "Missing them?" 

Taemin jumped in his seat. He bit his lips when he registered Mir's question before he slowly nodded. "Can't be help. I love them as much as I love you guys."

"Then, why did you come back with us?" Mir inquired.

"Sungmin hyung told me too." 

"He did?" Key came, brows furrowed. "That Sungmin did?" He asked again, unable to figure out the reason behind it.

"Yes I did." All the three boys turned towards that voice, eyes opened wide at the sight of Sungmin standing there looking pissed. "You call me 'that' Sungmin?" He hissed.

"Hyung?" Taemin breathed out in disbelief before he jumped on his feet and ran to hug Sungmin who immediately softened up. "What are you doing here?"

"Fulfilling my promise to Heechul hyung." He said, making Taemin smiled in happiness.

Mir shook his head with a small smile. He almost welcomed the doctor into their big family when Key beat him to it. "This house overflowed with people already." He said dryly making the other three dumbstruck. Taemin turned to Key, lips quivering, at the words. "I'm just joking." Key added before Taemin cried again. "You're very welcomed here." He said sarcastically.

Sungmin smirked. "Thank you, but I don't really need that from you."

Mir's eyes flickered back and forth from Key and Sungmin before he facepalmed. With these two in one house, he couldn't guarantee a day of peace. Mir looked up when he heard Taemin's cute happy squeal. Well, at least, Taemin didn't notice the dark electrical staring contest between the two and was purely happy. 

"Mir!" 

Mir stopped his thoughts when a pair of arms enveloped him from behind and lifted him off the ground. Before he realized it, he was already being twirled around in the air. Stumbling a bit after being put back on the ground, dizzy, he finally saw that face. "Chansung?" Blinking again to reduce his dizziness, he finally saw Seohyun was here too, waving at him.

"We're here to send Sungmin and Seohyun need to inject the antivirus for your other friends." He explained. The guard froze and tilted his head upwards, sniffing the air. "I smell food." He ran forward, not failing to pull Mir with him.

"Yah! You didn't say anything!" Mir shouted towards the rooftop since neither Wooyoung nor Nana told any of them of Seohyun, Chansung and Sungmin's arrival only to sigh whe he realized there was no one on watch. They were all gathering around the dinner.

"Mirreu- Oh? Chansung? What a wonderful surprise." Byunghee smiled sweetly. 

Grinning, Chansung shamelessly took a seat next to Byunghee, pulling Mir with him. "I'm starting to feel like living here." He said, eyes on the plates of food on the table.

"You're very welcomed here if you want." Mir unconsciously said, as he slurped on the tomato soup only to choke and caugh when Chansung hugged him tight in response without warning.

"I knew it! You want to live with me." The older exclaimed making weird conclusion on his own. 

Mir gaped, dumbfounded. "What? I said that out of courtesy." But he was ignored as Chansung just tightened his hold onto the smaller boy.

A powerful loud whack reached Mir's ear. Next thing he knew, Chansung had released him and was grabbing his own head, grunting in pain.

"You should stop hugging him already." Joon said while gritting his teeth. A wet towel in his hand, probably the one used to smack Chansung's head.

Mir watched as Joon took a seat in between Chansung and him, purposely separating Mir and Chansung. Mir laughed to himself. "I should get used to this." He commented to himself. 

Mir looked over Minho and Rain who were fighting over the biggest piece of meat which finally ended up in Jonghyun's mouth. Jonghyun was just so sneaky sometimes. Over Lizzy and Nana who were giggling to each other, pulling Seohyun to join them while glancing a few times at the blushing Wooyoung. He bet Wooyoung got bullied again by those two. He looked over Onew who was busy with his fried chicken, eating quietly and ignoring the others. That was Onew when it came to chicken. Over Key and Sungmin who was still holding up their staring contest with oblivious Taemin sitting in between them. Over Seungho who was holding Sanghyun's sketchbook out of the younger's reach while saying things like, 'no book on dining table'. Over Joon and Chansung. Joon, glaring with Chansung smiling sheepishly holding both his hands up in surrender. And back to Byunghee whom he just realized were looking in his way, smiling softly at him. A smile that never failed to comfort him. He couldn't help but to smile back. 

His fingers curled around his necklace. He closed his eyes. 'Sanghyuk-ah... Hyukkie... I'm surviving. I'm living. Until the day we will meet again. Perhaph in another world.' They were happy. All of them. And their dinner tonight was way much more cheerful than the nights before with addition of new family members. Under the night sky that started to veil down.

-THE END-

 

finally... it's over! Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting. I love you guys especially karenkitty, aquakittie, faramir, Yangicetea, and other who were sooooooo kind and sweet to comment on this fic... adios. Till next fic we meet (^^)~

*damn. Another extra fic cuz I actually missed writing about Hongki. He was totally slipped out of my mind*