chapter 21

Apocalypse III

"Taemin?" He called the boy's name. Blinking in surprise, he crawled out from under the table. 

"Hi, hyung!" Taemin greeted, waving his hand like a kid, with his toothy wide grin as the boy stood straight again, facing the older.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Byunghee asked in his confusion. He took notice on the weapons the boy carried with him.

Taemin raised his shoulders. "The same reason as you. To find Mir hyung." He casually answered and took the pictures from Byunghee hands.

Still confused and surprised, Byunghee didn't notice the change of expression on Taemin's face as the boy's eyes were scanning the pictures. "How did you know I'm here?" He asked again. But, when his question was only being answered with silence, that was when he realized the tension on Taemin's delicate features. His own dark eyes darted back and forth between Taemin's and the pictures in Taemin's hands that had seemed to affect the younger boy. "Taemin?" He called carefully.

Taemin looked up. His face showed nothing but seriousness. "I know this place, hyung."

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Mir exhaled a relief sigh as he felt his sore and tense muscles were all relaxing after his shower with hot water just now. He rubbed his damp, now, short brown locks with the towel around his nape. It was Hongki's courtesy to cut Mir's hair after Mir asked the other to. The boy sure has skill with knife. He didn't use scissors but knife to cut Mir's locks. It felt better and lighter with his new short hair. Not that short, but shorter than the one he had before. His hair just barely covered his ears.

Seohyun had told the three new boys to take time to rest before they started the process of producing the antibody formula and the beautiful girl had been so generous to lend the boys her own room to rest, saying she didn't even use the room since she spend almost her whole time in the lab. 

"Aah~ That's feel better." Came Seulong's voice before Mir found himself bouncing a bit at the edge of the bed when Seulong threw his heavy self onto the middle of the Queen-sized bed. "Feel like holiday." The boy sighed in delight, causing Mir to chuckle. Blinking at the sound, Seulong pushed himself up and sat cross leg beside the younger. "You smile." He said excitedly when he saw that genuine sunny smile on Mir's lips, lighting up the younger's whole face, almost glowing.

Mir blinked. His smile didn't faltered but his smile turned to that of an amused one and he rose his brow at Seulong's reaction. "I'm a human you know. Human do smile." He replied as the matter of fact.

"But you never smile for me." Seulong shrugged. "I'm really sorry about your horse. I mean it." He added, guilt etched on his face.

Mir nodded. "It is all in past already." He muttered, deciding that he should stop being mad at Seulong. Seulong is a nice guy. Mir felt a hand ruffled his damp hair and he glared at the grinning lad. "I forgive you, but that didn't mean you can mess with my hair." He said as he slapped away Seulong's hand and fixed his brown locks a bit. 

"Stop being so sensitive. Shampoo!" He shouted. Seulong laughed and started using both of his hands to mess Mir's brown locks more and Mir tried to duck away, playfully elbowing the older's ribcage.

Both boy stopped joking around abruptly and looked up when the door flew open and came in Hongki with anxious look, causing both boys to tense up. "What is it?" Mir asked, already flashing to Hongki's side.

Hongki grabbed both of Mir's shoulder, shaking the boy a bit. "We need to get out of here." He told. More like ordering.

Seulong watched in silence as Mir tried to wriggle himself out of Hongki's grasp. "You know why we're here. We-" Before the younger could finish, the blonde boy cut him off with a loud voice.

"They are going to die!"

Mir stopped dead. His brows bunched up. "Who?" He asked slowly. Hongki was panting, he shuffled in mixed of anxiousness, nervousness, anger, concerned and many more. At his unanswered question, Mir pushed off Hongki's hand and he did exactly what Hongki did to him just a second ago, grabbing a firm hold on the shorter boy's shoulder. "Who?" He repeated with a low voice.

"Seungho, Joon, all of them!" He answered hopping a bit in his spot, unable to contain the anxiousness he felt.

Mir released Hongki and stepped backward. Even when he had not even the slightest idea on the situation here, he couldn't stop the rushing beat of his heart at the thought of the people he loved and had to leave behind were going to die.

"What do you mean?" Seulong finally spoke, hand rested on Hongki's back, trying to calm the boy down so they could actually get the real story out of the agitated boy.

"The 'Red Plan'. It's real." Hongki swallowed as his voice cracked. "I overheard the discussion in the president's office." 

"What is the plan? I don't understand." Seulong was completely lost by now.

Mir looked down, his eyeballs moved as he tried to think of where he had heard of that words before and he paused when the piece of memory came back to him. Jaejin had mentioned this before when Mir's group first met with Hongki's group. The plan to wipe clean the walkers. 

"-bomb."

Mir looked up to Hongki. He had missed Hongki's explanation when he was too busy with his own thought. "What?"

Hongki turned to Mir. "They are going to drop the bomb. They'll destroy the whole Korea except the two fortress."

"But, what about the survivors out there? They won't even accept them in here. They'll all die." Seulong voiced. 

Hongki just shook his head. Hongki hold the by now too quiet Mir's hand. His eyes pierced deeply into Mir's dark brown orbs. "We need to get out of here." He said softly. Mir nodded firmly. They need to get back to the others! Now!