chapter 34

Apocalypse III

Sanghyun came back skipping into the infirmary with a wide smile on his face, making all the boys including the two patients totally weirded out.

"Why are splitting your face into two?" Seungho asked, yet his eyes were glued to the book in his hand.

Sanghyun jumped to a stop. He glanced at book in Seungho hand. It was his sketch book! "Hey! Don't just look at other people stuff!" He scolded, trying to get back his book, but Seungho was fast, throwing the book to Seulong who was lying on his bed beside Taemin's bed.

Seulong just shook the book in his hand with michievious smile. When Sanghyun almost get the book, he threw it back to Seungho.

"This is bullying! You shouldn't do this to someone who just literally save the world!"" Sanghyun shouted and ran back to Seungho only for the older to throw away the book at Seulong.

"Save the world? What did you do?" Seungho asked seriously. He knew Sanghyun wasn't joking when the younger said that. But, Sanghyun was too preoccupied in trying to get his book back that he didn't care to answer that question. So, Seungho decided he wouldn't ask for the second time. Sanghyun said he save the world. That was a good thing... If it was true, then there was no need for him to dig further. He was just that oblivious.

"The hell!" Sungmin shrieked when a book landed square on his face. His loud voice had woken up sleeping Key and Taemin with a start.

"What happen? What is it?" Taemin asked, looking around half-awoke.

Sungmin picked up the book, his brows buched up as he scanned the contents before the book was snatched away from him. He looked up to see Sanghyun with reddened face and pouty look. "Those are some good arts." He commented sincerely. "You shouldn't throw it around. Especially in a ward." He nagged as he stroded to Seulong's bed, managing in throwing a glare in Key's direction. "Having a nice sleep there?" 

Key yawned and stretched his arms and back. "Not really. The bed is quite hard." He simply answered back.

"You know... Beds in the ward are for patients." Sungmin stated, looking annoyed.

"I know." Key simply answered and continued when Sungmin cocked inquiring his brow at him. "I said I know. Knowing don't mean you have to follow." He nonchalantly spoke while waltzing to Taemin's bed. "When can actually he goes home?"

Sungmin glanced at Taemin. "He isn't that badly injured. The bullet just grazed his arm. Nothing more."

Key's eyes almost bulged out. "What are we doing here then?" His voice a bit too loud. Taemin just grinned sheepishly. "Let's go home then." He sighed.

"Home?" Sungmin stepped closer to Taemin's bed.He was looking at Key like Key was having two heads. "He's already home." He said, making Key blinked in surprised. "East fort is his home."

"Hyung... I-" Taemin tried to speak, holding his arms out as he noticed the darkened expression on Key's face.

"That's a freaking rubbish. Taemin live with me. He live at that farmhouse! Not in this place built-up by some pathetic excuse of goverment lead by some lunatic bastard like Siwon." He shot with low dangerous tone.

"What did you say? Not everyone in this East fort like that. This is Taemin's home. We are his family." Sungmin hissed.

"Pardon? You-" Key was jabbing Sungmin's chest with his index finger, ready to spit some fiery statement when Seungho interfered. 

Seungho pushed the two boys apart, sighing in boredom having to deal with these kinds of things. "Let Taemin decide for himself." He suggested.

Both Key and Sungmin turned towards the boy in question, making the boy flinched back, scared by the look in their eyes. "Which one?" Key and Sungmin asked in sync.

Taemin blinked, hesitated to answer. "Do I really have to choose?" He asked timidly. The two boys nodded. Taemin pursed his lips. He really didn't want to choose. He couldn't. Both sides were his family. It was like asking him to choose between his life and banana milk.

"Really Taemin? You put banana milk on the same level as your life? How the hell did you survive all these times without that thing?" Sanghyun suddenly spoke. Taemin looked up to him in surprise. "No. I'm not a psychic. You just said it out loud."

Taemin let out a nervous laugh before he turned back towards Key and Sungmin. "Key hyung." He called and the owner of that name perked up in attention, anticipating something. "Can't we all live here?" He asked with pleading eyes. "I mean, it's safe here." He quickly added when he saw how Key's shoulders were slumping.

"If I know this, then I wouldn't even bother to come." Key said monotonously, and he left the room. Leaving a hurt Taemin behind. Key's words sometimes could be as sharp as blade.

Sanghyun looked at Taemin sympathetically. He put his arm around the younger. "You know Key didn't mean that. He's just mad that you choose to live here."

"I did choose to live here. But, I said I want him to live here with me. I want all of you to live here with me." The boy exclaimed, hot tears fall one by one from his eyes. He didn't understand how Key have the heart to say such thing to him. Taemin knew Key had always had such a sharp tongue but this time it hurt like hell. It seemed like Key really meant each words.

Seungho stepped closer and ruffled the boy's hair. When Taemin looked up at him, he gave the boy his gentle smile, taking Taemin off his guard. It was the first time ever Seungho smiled like that for him.

"The thing is..." Sanghyun said, gaining Taemin's attention again. "All of us have decided to stay at the farmhouse. It's our home." He said gently.

Taemin looked down, biting his lips. He was really burning his brain out over this. Over which one to choose.

"Taeminnie..." Sungmin called. "This is your home. Here. With us." Sungmin said, he really didn't want Taemin to change his decision. When Heechul died, all of them, Leeteuk, Donghae, Taecyeon, Seohyun, even him were at lost. And then, Taemin went missing. They were all threwn into world of agony, until these days. These days when Taemin finally came back to them alive. "We even promised Heechul to take care of you. So, please. Stay."

How could Taemin say no to that words? To that look? And how could he say no when Heechul's name was being used.