chapter 15

Apocalypse III

Gritting his teeth, Mir pushed three walkers out of his way and grabbed Nickhun's arm and pulled the other to stand behind him. Seulong swung his axe dangerously and easily chopped off two walkers' head. Well, surely the heads were still alive. Mouth opening and closing since he didn't attack their brain, but at least they were disabled from attacking the survivors. He turned his back to both Nickhun and Mir.

For almost ten minutes fighting back to back, they were getting exhausted. Lots of bodies of infecteds littered around the fighters. But, something. Something was nagging at the back of Mir's mind. Something wasn't right. There was something out of place. The walkers. They seemed like they just wanted to reach for the other two, ignoring Mir. It was like, Mir was just a mere wall, a barrier standing in between the walkers and their preys, Nickhun and Seulong. Or... Maybe it was himself? It was him who was out of place. 'What the hell is this?' Mir thought as he kept fighting. His body moved almost on autopilot. 

Mir held his head, blade in his hand almost fall off his hold when suddenly he felt pain like someone was hammering his brain from inside. His eyes clenching shut. Gasping, he shook his head as his ears rung and buzzed. Never before he experienced such pain. Except... Except... When he was injected with what had been said as the newfound antidote by Tiffany. But it was only for a split second. The sudden pain went missing as sudden as its onset and his hearing came back to normal.

That was when Mir heard a weak yelped from Nickhun. Suspecting the worst, he turned to help, but frowned in surprise when he saw Nickhun was covered in rotten blood before he himself seeing only red in front of his eyes. In a blink of eyes, even he was covered with rotten blood.

"Seu-" Mir called for Seulong, only to have his mouth being clamped by a hand. A walker got in his line of sight. The walker put his index finger on its own lips, gesturing Mir to keep quiet. He waited until Mir gave a small nod in understanding before he removed his hand and splashed another bucket of rotten blood, now onto the fighting Seulong causing the tall boy to fall down on his in shock and also due to the slippery blood covered floor.

Mir watched around him carefully as all the walkers stopped attacking the three survivors abruptly. Instead, they were lifting their head, sniffing on the three survivors before they left quietly as if the three survivors were nothing but just another walker. Except that one walker. That one walker that had literally saved their life. That one... Wait. Was it even walker? Another surprising fact Mir just realized as he watched the walker that was now beckoning them to follow it in silent gestures. It was the same walker he saw out of the window last night. What in the actual world is happening?

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

A groan escaped his lips at that rotten smell. Rotten but was unpleasantly, a smell that he had reluctantly gotten used to. Byunghee covered his nose as he watched the two young boy with narrowed eyes. "Key is so going to kill you." Byunghee said towards Seungho who seemed unfazed as he walked ahead Taemin and Sanghyun whom were both covered in blood and rotten flesh.

"Indeed, I am so going to kill him." Came Key's voice. He was pissed off alright seeing his boy covered in such filth that just meant none other than the boy had came across some walkers. And by the knife and gun in Taemin's hand just showed the boy had join the fight. "Outta my way!" He hissed, pushing away Jonghyun who was trying to calm him down and stomped towards Seungho.

Before Key could spit any venomous words, the acting leader of their group spoke first. "Admit it, sooner or later he will eventually has to learn to protect himself. Would you rather him to get attacked without being able to protect himself?" 

Well, at that wise words from Seungho, Taemin turned to Sanghyun, giving him a smug look before whispering, "Told you so. Seungho hyung can handle Key hyung." while Sanghyun can only nodded in agreement with mouth opened in amusement.

Key opened and closed his mouth, but no words could be heard except that weird hesitant noise he made from the back his throat. Sure, what Seungho had said was very much true, but it was kind of hard for him to admit it. His eyes then flickered to Taemin. "Is this what you want?" He asked.

Taemin smiled guiltily. "Well..." He trailed off, eyes flickering to everywhere but Key. "Yeah." He finally breathed out, glancing up to Key through his dirty bang.

Key sighed. "Fine! If this is what you want, then make sure you give your best." And he left.

Taemin blinked a bit before he jumped in glee. Key had granted him permission. And Key's permission was the most important thing for him. He kept jumping until a fluffy white fabric blocked his view.

"Go and have shower. You smell." Key's voice could be heard. Even smile could be heard in his voice. With a loud energetic "Okay!" Taemin bounded to the bathroom with towel in his hand, Sanghyun trailing behind.

Seungho got to Key's side. "He'll be a great warrior." He said.

Key gave Seungho a look. "Stop using some random dialog from historical drama, would you?" He walked past the shocked Seungho, back to the kitchen with Jonghyun skipping behind the blond boy.

Byunghee chuckled as Seungho turned towards him with a dumbfounded expression. "I'm using my own words." Seungho exclaimed. "I don't even understand what he meant." The leader mumbled that last part.

Byunghee patted Seungho's shoulder comfortingly. "Sure you were. Sure you were."