chapter 26

Apocalypse III

Taemin still holding up the gun in his hands. His eyes sharp on Siwon.

"Taemin? You're alive?" Siwon asked, voice showed clearly that he was surprised. He would have smiled and took the smaller boy into a hug if it wasn't for the gun that was pointed at him.

Taemin snickered, his cute and bubbly demeanor seemed to have taken a sharp turn. He looked... Well, his eyes were cold and sharp. Full of hatred. "Why?" He asked with a low voice. "Didn't expect me to come back alive? Sorry to disappoint you, but I am alive."

Siwon's brows knitted. "What are you talking about, Taeminnie? Put that gun down." He told gently, but Taemin wasn't about to listen to the president. "Taemin..." The president sighed, signing for his men to leave him and the boy alone. "You're my best friend's little brother. I take you as my own brother. Why would I hope you to die?" He shook his head in disappointment at the younger's remark.

Taemin let out a bitter laugh. "You think I'm stupid?You're not Heechul's hyung best friend. A best friend wouldn't kill his own best friend!" By this time, he was shouting.

Siwon looked up in shock. His mouth moved a bit without a sound.

"Surprised that I know? Yes! I saw everything! I saw how you stabbed him from behind that night. I saw how you leave him with two walkers without any weapon for him to defend himself. I saw how you smile when he finally turned into walker. I saw how you shot him in the head." Taemin inhaled deeply, cheeks already wet with tears. Face flushed in blazing red anger. "I saw everything. Even Heechul hyung knew you wished him dead. But, Heechul hyung didn't want me to say anything. He knew one day you would betray him. But he would stay by your side till that day came. Even until his death, he still cherished you as a friend." 

Siwon bit his own lips before a sinister chuckle made way to his lips. "Oh... So, you saw everything. Then, I don't have to pretend anymore." Siwon casually said with a light shrug. "But, can you really, shot that gun? Can you, little boy?" He taunted, taking slow steps towards the younger.

Taemin was wavering with each step Siwon was taking. He never killed a human before and it was way harder than he had imagined even when the human he wanted to shoot right now deserved to die. Realizing his hand was trembling, he put his other hand on the gun. Holding the gun tightly with both of his hands. Siwon still taunting him with that sick smile of him.

Siwon cackled. "You're still too young, my boy." With that, he charged onto the boy. Hand easily gripped the gun and snatched it away from Taemin. He tripped the boy by his legs, watching as Taemin fall to the ground. He pointed the gun down on Taemin. The table had turned.

"You!" Taemin seethed. But the boy stopped when he heard that words from Seohyun.

"He's dead." Taemin turned and saw his hyung was lying limp in Byunghee's hold before Hongki snatched the boy away. Mir... Has died?

"Kid... Is this time to worry about someone else?" Siwon's voice got the younger out of his trance.

Taemin looked down. He bit his lips till he could taste the metallic taste of his blood. "Why? Just tell me why did you betray my brother?"

Siwon blinked before another bout of sinister laugh danced on his lips. "Well... I'd take that as your last request. Heechul was a good friend. But not only to me. He was good to everyone. Even when I'm the president, my people trusted him more. My people listened to him more." But Siwon didn't tell another reason for his sin. That one reason. Seohyun. Yes, Heechul and Seohyun loved each other and it just light the vengeance flame in his heart when Seohyun only saw Heechul in her eyes. It was like he was just nothing compared to Heechul. Not even worth a dust. Heechul this and Heechul that. Everything was about Heechul. It annoyed him. It made his heart infiltrated with dark envy. But, he didn't know that Taemin already knew that.

"So, it is all about the power?" Taemin mumbled bitterly.

"Power... You'll never know how hard for you to let go until you have it in your hand. Until you have a taste on it." Siwon continued.

"And for power, you would rather send my brother to death." Taemin stated, his eyes went back to Siwon, stabbing the older with hatred that he could not contain anymore. He was disgusted by that man. He was utterly disgusted. And he would be no different from the man from what he was about to do now. "Let's see how far will you take it to still hold that power." With that, Taemin raised his legs, kicking the gun up into the air before he jumped and catch the gun. His moves were fast and unsuspecting and in the matter of time, he already had Seohyun in his hand, gun pointed to her temple. And Siwon froze. "In front of power, a life has no value, right?" His voice was cold as he nudge the cold metal against Seohyun temple, another hand curled tightly around the girl slender neck.

"Ta-taemin." Seohyun stuttered.

"Let her go." Venom was dripping in Siwon's voice as he used his whole energy to restrain himself from launching forward and killed the boy whom was so stupid to do such thing on his Seohyun.

"She is just another valueless life. Why can't I kill her here and now?" Taemin kept taunted and his finger played with the trigger. Smirking when he saw how Siwon's tall frame trembled in anger. 

"Taemin." Seohyun called again. "What made you change like this?" She asked, hurt in her voice. "Where's my sweet Taemin?"

Taemin clenched his teeth tightly. Seohyun's tender voice served as the rope that pulled him from the darkness that he almost fell into. He wasn't this kind of person. Was he so vengeful that he had the heart to hurt Seohyun, the girl who his hyung, Heechul, love with all his heart just because the same person that had caused Heechul's death was in love with the very same girl. Was there such evil in him? Slowly, he released Seohyun, his hands fall limp by his side.

"Move, Seohyun." Siwon ordered and took that chance by aiming his own gun towards Taemin, but what he didn't expect was that Seohyun moved to hug the boy, taking the bullet for the boy. She was protecting Taemin with her own life. Because she had promised her lover. She promised Heechul to protect his baby brother whatever it takes. She thought she had failed to fulfilled the promise when Taemin suddenly disappeared the day after Heechul's death. But, now that Taemin came back to her, she would do anything she could to protect the younger boy even if it meant giving out her own life. The boy who was important to the man that she loved and just as important to her. She would never hesitate.

"Noo.. Noona." Taemin, shell shocked, could only watched as the girl slid down and lied on his foot unmoving.

Siwon, who bore the shock more than Taemin, had his eyes so wide opened. His hands shook. He had shot Seohyun. He had shot the only girl that his dark heart could love. Slowly, his eyes reddened and became glassy. Baring his teeth, he shot another bullet and it hit on... 

"Taemin!" Taecyeon came running and pushed the boy out of the way, sighing in relief as the bullet hit the wall. Looking through the hallway, his eyes widened. Seohyun was lying unmoving on the floor, scarlet blood seeping through her shirt. And his eyes widened when he witnessed another scene. It was Mir. Mir had... Turned?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Joon was looking blankly outside of his window. His fingers played on the bracelet on his wrist. It was Mirs, Sanghyun has told him. The plushie that was also Mir's was lying still on the pillow just next to him. That plushie had became the company of his sleep. Strangely, it worked. He stopped having nightmare, but he still was disturbed at the memories from the dream. It still felt so real.

He didn't move even when he felt his bed sunk beside him. "Taemin is gone too." Key told quietly. "I know he's with Byunghee hyung now."

It was quiet in the room until Joon finally spoke. "Come to think of it..." Key looked up expectantly. "Mir never promise he will come back to us." Joon covered the bracelet with his hand in a tight grip.

"Dream is a dream. It will not be reality." Key reminded.

"But it still feel so real. Too real."