chapter 16

Apocalypse III

The walker had brought the three fighters to an empty room at the office level in the mall. It was quite a huge meeting room. The walker quietly closed and locked the door, sighing in relief. "It's been a long time, Mir." He spoke, breaking the silence.

The three fighters exchanged a glance while Mir was confused all the way. "You know me?" He asked pointing a finger to his own face, confusion written all over his delicate features. The walker blinked in shock, staring with blank eyes on Mir before his eyes lit up when he realized something. Of course Mir wouldn't recognize him like this. 

He tried to clean all the dirt and blood covering his face. Mir gasped when he finally recogniced the face that lied behind the dirt and blood. "Hongki?" He asked, unable to hide the surprise in his voice. "What is happening? Why are you here? Why are you acting like walker? Where are the others?" Questions came out non-stop from Mir in one breath like barrage of bullets. Rather than talking, the boy sound like he was rapping instead. 

"Hold on, I can't follow you." Hongki said. He gestured the three to sit first before he started. "Well, the other four..." He looked up at Mir and bit his bottom lip at the pure curiousity in Mir's eyes. "They were dead."

Mir inhaled deeply. He didn't expect that but, he wasn't surprised. Not anymore. Death were everywhere in this world. "I'm sorry. You guys said you were going to east fort. What happened?"

Hongki shook his head. Anger flashed in his eyes. "They refused to accept us and shot Minhwan on the leg when we tried to fight." The blond haired boy heard the sharp breath the other three took. Either out of shock or anger just like him, he didn't know and he continued. "With Minhwan injured and you see just how many walkers have been making herds here, we just couldn't survive. I was somehow saved and just kept living like this." He gestured to his whole body. "I use the blood from the other walkers so I smell just like them. I kept quiet and live as one of them."

"Well... That's quite brilliant in a way." Seulong muttered to himself. He never thought of that way himself. He never thought it would actually work.

"So, what are you doing here?" He asked back. "Why are you with those boys? Where're the others?" Hongki kept asking.

Mir snorted. "Now, I'm the one who can't follow you. Slow down." He asked and Hongki repeated again, much slower this time. Mir took in a long breath before he tilted his head, showing the scar on his neck.

"How did you get this?" Hongki asked, tracing his finger on the scar grimacing at the seemingly horrible scar. It seemed painful.

"I got bitten." He simply answered.

"What?!" Hongki and Seulong almost sychronizely squeaked. Hongki cocked his brow towards Seulong at the tall boy's outburst. "Why are you just as surprised as me?"

Seulong clamped shut his open mouth. "Well, because I didn't know." He said, giving Mir a look. On those two days the boy stayed in his group, Mir never mentioned anything about being bitten or about the scar and on even why the hell the boy still alive and didn't turn into one of the flesh-eaters.

Knowing Seulong's silent question, Mir replied. "I'm sorry to say this, but I don't trust you guys."

"Not even Jinwoon, Leo and Hongbin?" He retorted back, obviously displeased with mir's attitude and, to him, unreasonable suspicion.

"Not them." Mir simply answered and the frown on Seulong's face only got deeper. "I was right though. You see what Ravi had done."

Looking away, Seulong silently agreed. Ravi had betrayed them. So, Mir was right somehow. 

Hongki cleared his throat at the sudden heavy feeling in the air. "So..." He intentionally dragged his word. "Back to the topic."

Mir turned back to Hongki. "It has been weeks and I still have no sign of being infected. I heard there's a group of researcher in east fort, so, I'm going there."

Mir flinched when Hongki suddenly grabbed his hand in a painful tight grip. "No!" The boy hissed. "Don't trust them."

Mir blinked and about to open his mouth to answer when a load fall on his back. Nickhun had fainted. Again. He quickly turned to the taller boy and wrapped his arms around the other's middle, using his own body as support so Nickhun wouldn't fall off of the chair. Peering over Nickhun's worryingly pale complexion, Mir voiced. "I have no choice." Mir said, thinking that even Nickhun needed help. He had many reasons to go there. More than the reasons against going there.

Hongki knew what Mir wanted. In East fort, there would be medical doctors to help Nickhun condition. But, would Mir be safe in the hands of the people there. He couldn't trust them. He could never trust the goverment. Not after all that he had gone through because of that pathetic excuse of govermental organization. "I'll go with you." That was the best choice he could think of. He needed to protect Mir. He didn't want the same fate to befall on Mir. The same fate that had taken his friends away from him. He would not allow that. Not again.

 

-I have no idea why all three of you (karen, faramir, aquakittie) assume the walker as Sanghyuk. Like really, all three of you. Oh my... sorry to disappoint you guys. Well, I can't justify if it Sanghyuk coz I already made Mir shot Sanghyuk's brain. So... yea... you got what I mean. I hope you guys won't stop reading this fic even when it didn't meet you guys expectation :'(-