Going Public

It's Not Fair

2 months later:

Kai held a shaking Kyungsoo tight as the two watched a horror movie. Kai wasn’t very fond of horror movies, but if it meant Kyungsoo clinging to him and Kai being able to hold him close for 2 hours, horror movies were his new favourite thing.

Kyungsoo yelped as a scary face popped up on the screen and buried his face in Kai’s chest.

Kai was actually scared too, but he didn’t show it. He wanted to 'protect' his boyfriend.

Finally, much to Kyungsoo’s relief, the horror movie ended, he hated horror movies, but his boyfriend loved them, so he was willing to sit through them every once in a while.

Kai switched off the TV and held Kyungsoo lovingly as he calmed down. “Hey baby” Kai cooed. “It’s over.” He kissed other's forehead.

Kyungsoo looked up. He’s so cute right now. Thought Kai. I can’t help myself. He swooped in and stole a kiss from the latter.

He was about to pull away, when Kyungsoo pulled him back down for another kiss.

Kai lay Kyungsoo on the couch under him, and continued to kiss him. Kyungsoo opened his mouth and Kai attacked it, kissing deeper. Kyungsoo let out a moan, after realising what he had done, he blushed and squeezed his eyes shut.

Kai chuckled. “Don’t be embarrassed, you have such a sweet voice.” He whispered in his ear.

Kai blushed deeper as Kai continued to kiss him.

Kai reached up his pyjama top and his side.

Kyungsoo blushed even deeper- if that were possible.

He then became hard.

Noticing this, Kyungsoo pushed Kai away, panting.

“I can’t… I can’t go any further than this. I’m sorry.” Tears welled up in his eyes, he knew he had disappointed his lover.

“Kyungie. It’s okay, don’t cry. I won’t go any further until you’re ready.” He said softly. “I really don’t mind.”

It was true, Kai wanted Kyungsoo, but he was more than happy to wait until he was ready. He loved and cherished him too much.

“But you may want to take care of your little problem.” He smirked, motioning to Kyungsoo’s lower regions.

Kyungsoo blushed and ran to the bathroom.

Kai shook his head, laughing to himself.

______________________________

The two lay in bed half an hour later.

Kyungsoo obviously had something on his mind, he wouldn’t stop squirming.

“What’s up babe?” Kai asked.

Kyungsoo looked up, a little surprised that his boyfriend had noticed something was wrong so quickly.

“Of course I noticed.” Kai said softly as if reading his boyfriend’s mind. “Now tell me what’s bothering you.”

Kyungsoo sighed.

“I want to tell everyone. About us, I mean.” He said, barely audible.

Kai was a little taken aback by this request, he wanted to tell everyone too, but he was concerned for the safety of his boyfriend. Sure they were both immensely popular, but when it came down to it, Kai was probably more popular and had more fan girls than Kyungsoo, or anyone else in EXO for that matter.

That wasn’t the only problem, Kyungsoo wasn’t quite as built as Kai. Of course, he had defined abs and muscles. But Kyungsoo was much shorter than Kai and Kai clearly had a better build that the latter.

And, as Kai had told Kyungsoo earlier, the fan girls could be brutal, one time, Kris was going out with a girl, but she transferred schools after everything became too much for her. Kai didn’t want that for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo knew all this, but he had been been thinking about this for a while.

“Are you sure?” Kai finally asked, coming out of his thoughts.

“Yes. I’m sure.” Kyungsoo replied with certainty.

“Okay. Let’s go to sleep now.” Kai said sleepily, kissing the others forehead. If his boyfriend wanted this, then he would do it for him.

The two of them drifted off to sleep almost instantly.

_____________________________________

The next morning outside school:

The two sat in the car. Kyungsoo’s heart was beating a million times a minute, but Kai’s reassuring smile calmed him down.

"Are you sure?" Kai asked, one last time. He didn't want Kyungsoo to regret anything.

"Yes. One hundred percent." Kyungsoo said without hesitation.

"Alright. Let's do this." Kai said, with a mini fist pump, causing a slight giggle from the other.

They both stepped out of the car. This was nothing unusal, since everyone knew about their close friendship, so nobody turned thier heads, until the two of them joined hands, lacing their fingers together.

Then, it was like the whole world stopped. People stop walking and talking stopped, and turned their heads. Kai leaned down and kissed Kyungsoo’s temple. Earning a few gasps.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile.

They made their way over to their usual table, where the rest of EXO was.

Suho bounded up to them. “You guys are going public?!”

Kyungsoo’s smile grew wider as he nodded.

Kris hugged them both. “My children are growing up.” He said, wiping an imaginary tear from his eye.

Everyone giggled.

Kyungsoo felt someone's stare digging into his back.

He turned around and his face fell when he saw SNSD, the queenkas of the school, glaring at him. Nobody actually likes them the way everyone likes EXO. This is because they are rude and full of themselves and think everyone is underneath them. The only reason they are the queenkas was because they are really pretty and have a lot of boys chasing them.

Unfortunately for Kyungsoo, most of these girls had a huge crush on Kai.

Kai sensed the uneasiness of his boyfriend and pulled him closer. Kyungsoo immediately felt reassurance, despite the fact that he felt nine invisible lasers being fired at him from behind.

___________________________

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly, they were given many compliments about how cute they are together, much to the couple’s relief.

Before he knew it, it was the end of the day and Kyungsoo was making his way to his locker. He had to help the teacher, so there was no one else in the hallways. Kai was waiting outside the gate for him.

He opened the locker door and a dead rat fell out, along with a possum he was shocked, it smelled horrible. Those poor animals, he thought. Who would do such a terrible thing? 

But that wasn't it, there were a whole bunch of folded pieces of paper in the locker too, curiosity got the better of him and he opened one. It said: Don’t even think about it ! Another said: You’ll get what’s coming to you! Many of the sheets of paper held profanities and many other insults and Kyungsoo felt tears welling up in his eyes.

He pulled the rest of the paper out, not bothering to read them, knowing that they too, said awful things.

There was a big sheet of paper stuck to that back of his locker, it wrote: This is only the beginning. .

That final word cut like a knife, he was bought back to the night he was going to sell his body and the tears in his eyes spilled over as he sank to his knees.

He just stayed like that for a while, crying.

________________________________

Hi guys!

I hope you’re still enjoying the fic, this is where the story REALLY starts.

Please comment and subscribe if you already haven’t.

Bye! ^^