The Real Reason

It's Not Fair

After the 10 boys finally left, Kyungsoo collapsed onto the couch, exhausted.

Kai sat next to him and pulled him into his arms, this act reminded Kyungsoo of their morning and immediately shoved Kai away.

Standing up abruptly shock Kai and he stood up too out of reflex. He immediately surrounded Kyungsoo with his embrace to comfort his boyfriend with whatever was wrong. But Kyungsoo pushed him away again.

It finally dawned on him that he was the reason Kyungsoo seemed so mad. He tried to think about what happened. Could Miki have said something to him? Yeah that was probably it.

“Hey baby? I don’t want you to listen to what Miki says, okay? She’s nothing to me.” Kai said in a gentle, comforting tone.

“Don’t you get it?! You’re so dense! I’m angry at you!!!” Kyungsoo yelled angrily. He turned to storm out of the room, but Kai grabbed his arm just in time. Kyungsoo tried to fight him, but Kai was stronger, eventually Kyungsoo gave in and went limp, kneeling on the floor and letting his tears spill.

“Why don’t you want to tell anyone? What are you so afraid of?” Kyungsoo whispered between sobs.

Kai knelt down in front of him, tilting his head up, pressing their foreheads together. “Baby, I’m so sorry. It’s just that, it’s probably not a good idea.”

Kyungsoo looked up shocked, thinking that Kai was ashamed of him. Kai immediately saw through him and knew what Kyungsoo was thinking.

“No, no, no. That’s not it.” Kai continued. “In fact. That was an excuse, I trust you wholeheartedly.”

Kyungsoo looked up again and smiled a little.

“It’s just that, you know, with all my popularity at school, and outside too, I’m worried that you will be bullied. Those girls can be vicious.”

Kyungsoo now understood, Kai wasn’t ashamed of him, he was trying to protect him. He had clearly put a lot of thought into it. Overcome by guilt, more tears fell from Kyungsoo’s eyes.

“Hey, hey. Don’t cry baby. It’s okay, you didn’t understand.” Kai said hurriedly.

“Alright.” Kyungsoo said, allowing Kai to pull him up and lead him to their bed.

Kyungsoo snuggled into Kai, just like last night.

“But seriously? Baby? Babe?”

“It suits you, I like calling you that.” Kai replied evenly.

“Good because I like it.” Kyungsoo stated. He felt Kai smiling.

They lay there for a while, until Kyungsoo thought of something.

“Hey Kai?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you sing that song you sang for me as a kid?”

“The one that I would sing when you cried?”

“Yeah, that one.”

Kyungsoo loved that song. It was beautiful and always brought a smile to his face. Best of all, Kai had come up with it by himself.

“Alright.” Kai said smiling.

“Baby don’t cry tonight…” Kai began singing.

Kyungsoo smiled as he drifted off to sleep, still listening to Kai’s beautiful voice.

“I love you Kai.” He said, just before he drifted off.

Kai stopped singing. “I love you too, Kyungsoo”

And just like the first night, they drifted off together, smiling happily in each other’s arms.

 

Kyungsoo woke up to Kai kissing his lips.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” Kyungsoo said, surprised and blushing.

“Well, I didn’t get a goodnight kiss, so I figured a good morning one could suffice.” Kai said, while pulling a cute face.

“Whatever, I’m going to make breakfast.” Kyungsoo sighed. But he was smiling.

“I’ll help! I don’t want you to nearly burn down the house again.” Kai giggled.

Kyungsoo simply rolled his eyes.

As they were getting all the ingredients out. Well, Kyungsoo was, Kai just stood there, staring at his perfect boyfriend.

Kai back hugged him like yesterday, but today, Kyungsoo simply spun around and pulled in his boyfriend in for a sweet kiss.

Kai smiled as they hugged. I’m glad he seems more comfortable with me now.

They hugged for a while, until Kyungsoo pulled away, saying he needed to get dress. Kai nodded, still a little dazed, but quickly snapped out of it and getting started on breakfast.

When Kyungsoo walked out, he decided to bring something up with Kai.

“Hey Kai?”

“You want me to sing for you again?” Kai replied. Even though he wasn’t looking at him, Kyungsoo could tell he was smirking.

“As much as I would like that, I have a more important matter to discuss with you.”

“What’s up?”

“Have you noticed Baekhyun and Chanyeol being closer lately?”

“Yeah, I guess, do you think it’s something more?” Kai said, smirking again.

“Probably”

“Hmmm, well what should we do?” Kai said even though he knew the answer.

“We’re gonna find out what’s going on there.” Kyungsoo said, smirking too. He may have been sweet and childlike, but he was also cheeky. He also wanted to help his two friends, he could definitely see something going on between the two of them.

“Sounds good, but first, let’s eat.”

“Agreed” Kyungsoo said, sitting on the couch, snuggling up to Kai, while eating his breakfast. They were in now rush, it was a Saturday.

“But first, I must tell you something of the upmost importance.” Kai said seriously, even though a smile was creeping its way to his face.

“What’s that?” Kyungsoo asked, looking up to quickly peck him on the lips.

Kai smiled at this act. “I just needed to tell you that you look really y today.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Another update, hope you liked it.

Please comment and subscribe.

A please continue to comment, even if you already have. It makes me really happy to see comments in my story.

Bye! ^^