Surgery

It's Not Fair

Kyungsoo knelt beside Kai, sobbing. He shut his eyes and prayed that this was a bad dream.

He looked up and saw a big crowd of people surrounding him, all with the exact same expression surrounding him

Suddenly, a few people at the front of the crowd stumbled forward, as EXO emerged from different directions of the crowd.

Suho and Tao went to Kyungsoo’s side, trying to get him to stand up.

“I’ve called an ambulance! They’ll be here soon!” Taemin shouted, putting his phone into his pocket.

Luhan, Sehun and Lay made their way to the white Bentley, seemed almost unscathed.

Sehun saw a passed-out Tiffany in the driver’s seat. Her head was on the wheel and Sehun saw a bit of blood on the wheel.

“Hyungs!” Sehun called. Luhan and Lay began pulling Tiffany out of the car. She was the only one in there.

Ambulance sirens could be heard in the distance. Soon enough, the paramedics arrived and put both Kai and Tiffany on a stretcher.

“Please bring me with you!” Kyungsoo begged.

There was not much room left, but he saw the look in Kyungsoo’s eyes. They were pleading, desperate.

The paramedic sighed. “Fine.”

Kyungsoo let out a breath he didn’t realise he was holding as he made his way into the back of the ambulance.

“Text us the hospital name! We’ll meet you there!” Baekhyun called.

“Okay.” Kyungsoo called back, just as the doors closed.

Hang in there Kai.

__________________

Once arriving at the hospital, Kai as rushed into the surgery room.

Were his injuries that severe? Kyungsoo thought.

Tiffany was also put into surgery.

Kyungsoo sat in the waiting room, he was shaking, nervous.

What if Kai didn’t make it?

He texted the rest of EXO the hospital name and waited.

Soon enough, EXO showed up.

Silence overtook the group as they all sat down.

Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo.

“Where’s Kai?”

“Surgery.” Kyungsoo managed to say, barely audible.

“What about Tiffany?”

“Same.”

_______________

About an hour passed when they saw Tiffany coming out of surgery.

She looked fine as they moved her into a room, clearly she was fine.

Why does she have to be okay? Kyungsoo thought. I should be the one in there anyway… It should be me. Tears began running down his cheeks again. It’s not fair.

_____________________

About five more hours passed, when Kai finally came out of surgery.

All 12 boys stood up (Taemin is there as well).

However, it was only Kyungsoo who ran to the doctor.

The doctor removed his mask, revealing a grim expression.

Kyungsoo’s heart fell. “How is he?” Kyungsoo asked in a shay voice.

The doctor sighed a bit.

“The surgery was a success.”

Kyungsoo sighed in relief.

“However, 3 ribs are broken, he fractured his elbow and his head suffered serious injuries.” The doctor took a deep breath.

“That’s okay right? His bones will heal.”

The doctor sighed. “He will also be in a coma, we don’t know when he will wake up.”

Kyungsoo felt tears spill over for a third time.

“B-but, you s-said the surgery w-was a success.” He stammered.

“It was, we fixed his head injuries. This coma is not something we could have prevented.”

Kyungsoo nodded, understanding. “Thank you for saving him.”

The doctor nodded and smiled a bit. “You can see him if you want. He was very lucky, any later, and he probably wouldn’t have made it.”

Kyungsoo thanked the surgeon once again before rushing to the room he was told was Kai’s.

He heard footsteps behind him, and he guessed it was EXO.

He swung the door open, and revealed a Kai, covered in bandages and wires.

Kyungsoo walked towards the bed and sank to his knees.

“Thank god you’re okay.”

EXO came in, and simultaneous gasps could be heard when they saw the state if their friend.

They surrounded the bed, taking in the sight.

“H-how could she do this?” Kris trembled with rage.

“How did Tiffany only get off with a few scratches?” Taemin quietly added, clinging to Kris, who held him close.

Luhan cried into Sehun’s shoulder as Sehun stoked his head.

Baekhyun squeezed Chanyeol’s hand, as Chanyeol squeezed back.

They all joined together one way or another, it being holding hands, hugging or leaning onto someone for support.

Suho put his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, who was still kneeling on the edge of Kai’s bed.

“Why don’t we eat something?” Suho smiled sadly.

Kyungsoo mirrored the smile and nodded.

They all walked out of the room to the hospital’s cafeteria, every single one of them crying.

____________________________________

Hi guys!

I am so sorry for not updating. Please don’t hate me. L

I had no inspiration and just didn’t feel like writing.

But here’s a small update for you. (At least)

Just thought I’d let you guys know that I will be finishing up this story soon. I will be starting another one soon. I’ve got this giant idea in my head, so please look forward to that.

Also the story is an O/C one (original character) and I can’t decide on the boy’s name. Please give me ideas in the comments below if you have an idea. (They don’t need to be from EXO)

I will have the link up for the foreword once I have that person’s name, so you can subscribe to that one. (If you want to.)

Sorry for babbling, just wanted you guys to know.

Please comment and subscribe and I will try to update again soon.

Bye! ^^