Discharge

It's Not Fair

Five days passed and Kyungsoo stayed by Kai’s side the whole time.

He ignored school, homework, and just about everything else.

EXO members would each visit every day and sometimes stay overnight. They would also update him on everything, from the latest gossip to schoolwork.

The only time Kyungsoo would leave the hospital would be to eat.

He had just come from the store when he set the fresh bouquet of flowers on Kai’s bedside table.

He sat there and talked to Kai.

“Today, Kris and Taemin got caught making out in the janitor’s closet. Taesun was so angry” He chuckled at the thought. “Sehun got Luhan a couple ring, they’re really cute together. I’ve looked over the notes EXO gave me, I’ll tutor and teach you all the stuff when you wake up... Please wake up Kai.”

He looked down for bit, holding back tears, he has already cried too much, he wouldn’t let a single tear slip.

His head jerked up when he saw a flash of movement. He watch Kai closely and gasped. Kai’s fingers were twitching, then moving.

Then his eyes fluttered open. And then he sat up.

Overtaken with emotion, Kyungsoo threw himself at Kai. Screw my promise. He thought as he burst into tears.

Kai smiled. “I’m here baby. I’m okay.” He Kyungsoo’s head.

“I missed you so much!” Kyungsoo sobbed.

When they pulled away, Kai pulled Kyungsoo back in to connect their foreheads.

He then pulled Kyungsoo closer for a sweet kiss.

After pulling away again, Kai wiped Kyungsoo’s eyes. “Don’t cry anymore, okay?”

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. The two cuddled for a while.

Kyungsoo had called all of EXO and in less than 10 minutes, they were all gathered around the hospital bed.

Tears of happiness were shed, hug of joy were shared. It was such a good day.

Kai laughed, but winced, clutching his side.

“That’s right! The doctor said your ribs were broken.” Kyungsoo informed.

“Why do I not know that?” Kai grumbled.

A nurse came in to ask how Kai felt, she then left and came back again with food. She fixed up Kai’s bandages so his ribs wouldn’t hurt as much, she then left, this time not returning.

All 13 of them laughed and told Kai the funny stories he had missed while he was gone. Kyungsoo told him he would help him study too. Considering their previous study sessions, Kai was looking forward to that.

_______________________

A week passed and Kai was finally discharged. He could walked quite well, but his left arm was in a sling still.

Kai’s parents showed up to sign some discharge papers, much to Kyungsoo and Kai’s surprise.

This was actually the first time in 18 months Kai had seen his parents.

“Kai! We are so sorry we haven’t been there for you lately!” His mum said, hugging him tightly

Although Kai’s parents weren’t around very often, and seemed to neglect their son, they were actually very sweet people.

“And how are you Kyungsoo?” His father asked, slapping Kyungsoo on the back. Hard.

After coughing a bit, Kyungsoo smiled and replied politely. “I am doing well thank you.”

“So, how’s school.” Mrs Kim asked.

“Oh it’s brilliant, Kyungsoo’s even tutoring me.”

“Oh really? Well, we know you’re in good hands then.” Mr Kim said, making everyone laugh.

“Kyungsoo, how would you like to join us for dinner tonight?”

“I would love to.” Kyungsoo grinned.

They bid their farewells.

“We’ll be there at about 5. Bye umma and appa!” Kai called.

___________________

­They took a taxi home.

They were forced to decline EXO’s invite to a party to celebrate Kai’s discharde, promising to do it another night.

Kai was ready in a flash, but Kyungsoo took forever.

‘How about this one?” He asked, doing a small twirl.

“Perfect, just like the last six.” Kai groaned.

Kyungsoo frowned. “I don’t believe you. You don't sound very sincere.” And with that, he stalked back into the room to find a new outfit.

Kai groaned again out of frustration.

__________________

Four outfits and five hairstyles later, they were finally in the car on the way to the Kim mansion.

Kyungsoo stepped out of the car. No matter how many times he had been here, the size always amazed him.

“Let’s go.” Kai urged, tugging Kyungsoo up the path to the front door.

A maid answered the door. “Welcome.” She said, before bowing and stepping aside so the two could enter.

They made their way to the main room, where Kai’s parents were, after about an hour and a half of laughing at stories and giggling at baby photos Kyungsoo had managed to not see, it was dinner time.

The four people sat around the table, chatting.

The food of course, was absolutely delicious. Kyungsoo made sure the chefs knew this too, by practically yelling compliments, making everyone laugh.

“So Kai, how are you and Miki doing?”

Kyungsoo stopped shovelling food into his mouth instantly, looking at Kai, wondering what he would say.

“Actually, Miki is a liar and an awful person, a special person helped me see her true colours. I am currently in love with and together with this person.”

Kyungsoo’s heart fluttered at Kai’s words.

Mr Kim nodded and gestured for him to continue. “And who is this person?” Not prying any further with the whole Miki situation- much to Kai and Kyungsoo’s relief.

Kai smiled. “He’s sitting right in front of you.”

Silence overtook the table and the only thing that could be heard was Mrs Kim’s chopsticks hitting the ground.

_______________________

Hi!

So, not many chapters to go. O.O

I hope you enjoyed this update, the update earlier was quite short, so here I am again! ^^

Once again, if anyone has any suggestions on the main (boy) character for my next fic, please let me know.

 Please comment and subscribe and I will try to update again as soon as possible.

Bye guys! ^.^