Enemies

It's Not Fair

Kai was kneeling beside a sleeping Kyungsoo, tears streaming down his face. He was so scared, he didn’t want to lose the love of his life so soon.

Where is the nurse? He thought angrily. The ’s probably gone off to seduce Mr Lee. The worst part about this thought is that it was true. The nurse had eyes for Mr Lee and decided to make her move-she wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

“Please.” Kai begged, to nobody in particular. “I’ll do anything.”

“Anything?” A sweet voice said.

Kai jumped, he had no idea he had company.

Tiffany from SNSD came into view.

“Anything.” Kai confirmed desperately.

He didn’t like Tiffany,-at all- she was part of SNSD after all, but he needed someone to help his boyfriend, and he needed that someone now.

“Okay, then. I’ll help” She said, with her pretty smile.

“Request anything you want, but heal him first.”

“Fine. Just stay true to your word.”

“I will.” He replied, clearly very determined.

She walked over to Kyungsoo and turned him around.

She winced a bit at the gash at the back of Kyungsoo’s head.

She got a pair of tweezers and started inspecting the wound.

It was no secret that her parents owned a chain of hospitals and were very successful. She knew quite a lot about this kind of thing from her parents.

She stopped inspecting the wound and looked up at Kai.

“Don’t worry, he’s fine. He did faint, but he’s mostly sleep deprived now. The wound is big, but it’s pretty shallow and will probably heal up nicely in about a week.”

She looked around in a few cabinets and got out some steric strips. The girl gently placed on a few and gave the rest of the box to Kai.

“Take those ones of tonight and put new ones on, change them every day for them to be cleaner, you don’t want the wound getting infected.”

“Okay, thank you so much for your help.” Kai said, with a 90 degree bow.

“Don’t worry about it.” She said.

Tiffany was about to exit the infirmary, when he stopped her.

“Wait! What was your request?”

Tiffany turned around.

“Oh right! Almost forgot!” She walked over to him. “I’d like a kiss from oppa” she said slyly. “Not one of those petty kisses, I want a real one.”

Kai took a deep breath. Deep down he knew this would happen. He decided to get it over with and walked towards her.

He kissed her deeply. After a few seconds, he pulled away, but she grabbed him.

“Uh-uh-uh~” She said seductively. "I want more than that."

He sighed and kissed her again, much longer this time. When finally pulled away, he turned to see a crying Kyungsoo sitting up in his bed.

He looked back at Tiffany, who was smirking.

She flounced away after winking at him. She had gotten exactly what she wanted. Too easy. She thought.

“Kyungsoo-” He began.

“NO! I don’t want to hear it. I get it okay! You don’t like me!”

“No Kyungsoo, you don’t understand.”

“No, I understand perfectly well. You don’t want me. You probably never did. It’s just that I think it would be nicer for you to tell me. It would hurt a lot less.” Kyungsoo said the last sentence quietly, clutching his chest, where his heart would be.

Kyungsoo got up and walked out of the room, tears rolling down his face.

Kai collapsed. “No. No. NO!” He sobbed. How could I let this happen? He thought.

He just lay there for a while, crying.

__________________________________

How could he do this to me?! Kyungsoo thought. I thought he loved me. Maybe he said that because he was my friend and he didn’t want to hurt me. Yeah, that’s probably it.

The bell rang and the hallway was soon filled up with kids heading out for break.

Kris ran up to him.

“Are you okay?! Where’s Kai?” He asked.

“Yeah I’m fine. Kai’s probably having fun with Tiffany.” He replied, with a sad tone.

“What? Tiffany? Why the hell would he be with her?”

Kyungsoo shrugged.

“Anyway, just wanted to make sure you were okay, I mean, Kai’s got two detentions now for running out of maths class. He seemed really worried. Tell him I said I’m sorry for not being able to persuade the teacher to not give him a punishment. Okay?”

Kyungsoo was a little dazed. Kris had just said so much. He processed all the information, then nodded.

Wait! Did he say Kai got a double detention for me? He was worried? Maybe there’s more to this than I thought.

He mentally face palmed for not figuring this out sooner. He should have trusted Kai more, they have been friends for as long as they could remember.

___________________________

He ran to the infirmary to find Kai still crying on the floor. Has he been like this since I left?

“Kai!”

Kai looked up and he had never felt happier to be body slammed when Kyungsoo jumped on him. Kyungsoo looked into Kai’s eyes and kissed him deeply.

“How’s your head” Kai asked and they both laughed.

“It’s fine. But I want to know why you were kissing Tiffany. There’s a good reason right?” Kyungsoo asked hopefully.

“Yeah. There is…”

Kai told him the story.

“Oh! That makes to much more sense!” Kyungsoo said, then he burst into tears.

“What’s wrong baby?” Kai became worried.

“I’m just so sorry.” Kyungsoo whimpered, wiping his eyes. “I said such horrible things to you.”

“No. No, it’s okay, I would have said much worse things if the tables were turned.” Kai soothed, gently rubbing Kyungsoo’s back.

“Am I forgiven?” Kyungsoo asked.

“There was nothing that needed to be forgiven in the first place. But if it makes you feel better, you’re forgiven. What about me?”

“Is that even a question? Obviously you’re forgiven!”

The two of them smiled at each other before sharing a deep kiss.

After parting, the two of them made their way to PE. Happily.

For now…

_____________________

“Aish! How could you have failed?!” A mysterious woman shouted into her phone.

“Don’t worry, we still have many more plans, this was just the beginning.” The person on the other line assured.

“It’d better be.” The woman said before hanging up.

Enjoy your happiness while you can, Do Kyungsoo.

________________________

Oooooooh!

Mystery person! Who do you think it is?

Kaisoo are back on track! Yay!!!

I think I’m going to focus the next chapter on the Baekyeol side of things. You guys don’t mind right?

Please look forward to the next chapter.

Bye! ^^