Kai's Surprise

It's Not Fair

After leaving Miki in the bathroom, Kai shouldered his way through the people and tried to find Kyungsoo. Suddenly SNSD appeared in front of him.

“So sorry to hear about your boyfriend.” Hyoyeon said sarcastically.

“At least you have Miki now.” Yuri added, smiling like and angel.

Kai scoffed. “Who would want that ?” He then pushed past them and continued his search.

“Wait, what? I thought Miki said Kai would beg to have her back.” Taeyeon said, clearly very confused.

“Well, he obviously didn’t.” Sunny replied indifferently.

“That liar!” Yoona said, pissed off.

“Yeah, she totally cheated us!” Seohyun agreed. “Wasting our time like that.”

The nine of them strutted towards the bathroom, and whatever they were about to do/say to Miki, could not have been good.

_________________________

He’s gonna miss it! He’s gonna miss it! Kai thought as he ran back and forth in his apartment, trying to find the boy who just dumped him.

Truthfully, Kai had prepared a special something for Kyungsoo fot this night.

He started to feel exhausted. He turned his phone on and tried to call Kyungsoo.

It went to voicemail after 2 rings. Kyungsoo was obviously not goig to pick up.

Kai sighed as he tried to find one of his friends. He went up to Kris and Taemin, who were obviously very close.

“Have you guys seen Kyungsoo anywhere?” He panted.

They both shook their heads and faced each other again.

Kai turned around, not wanting to see a happy couple at a time like this.

He called Baekhyun and that went to voicemail after a while. Probably doing God-knows-what with Chanyeol. He thought, rolling his eyes.

He called Tao, and much to his relief, he picked up.

“Hey, mum.” He said, emphasising the word mum, to indicate he shouldn’t actually be talking to Kai right now. “I’m just with Kyungsoo, and he’s really sad. How can I make him feel better?” Tao asked.

Kai immediately understood what his friend was implying. “Listen, I can’t explain what happened right now, but I promise, there was a serious misunderstanding. I just needed to know that Kyungsoo was at least safe.”

“Yeah, he is. Is that it?” Tao replied.

“Can you please tell him Kai told him to look at the sky at midnight?” Kai pleaded.

“I’ll see what I can do.” Tao said. “Bye.”

“Thank you. Bye.” Kai said, before hanging up and flopping on the sofa behind him. And despite the noise from the party, he fell asleep, absolutely exhausted.

______________________

The five boys had finally driven home.

When Lay had prepared the couch for Kyungsoo, and Chen had coaxed the chocolate ice-cream out of his hands, Tao came out of the shower.

“Kyungsoo, Kai wants you to look at the sky at midnight. Okay? It sounded important.” He informed.

“Alright.” Kyungsoo said, plastering a smile on his face.

The dimness of the room made it impossible for Tao to know he was lying so he just smiled as he headed to his room.

“Goodnight.” Kyungsoo called as he laid down.

__________________

Soon enough, the clock stuck twelve and a loud bang could be heard over the thumping music.

The music died down as everybody rushed to the window to see what going on, only to gasp when they saw beautiful fireworks lighting up the night sky.

Kai stayed in his seat, leaning back and letting loud bang after bang fill his ears as he thought.

Are you looking up right now Kyungsoo? This is my early birthday gift for you. Please forgive me. It didn’t take long before he felt tears streaming down his face again.

“Please come back Kyungsoo, I need you.” He whispered.

_________________

Kyungsoo had already cried himself to sleep, so he was very annoyed to hear loud the bangs which woke him up at midnight.

He tried to shut it out, but they went on for a while, so he decided to see wat the commotion was about. He rubbed his eyes and walked out to the balcony, just in time to see the final firework.

The final firework with a special message that filled the night sky. It read:

I love you, Kyungsoo.

_________________

Hey!

Sorry for the short update, but I had this idea, and I wanted to write it before it left me.

I hope you enjoyed it despite its length and I will probably update again tomorrow

Please comment and subscribe-It really does help.

Bye guys! ^_^