Folklore and truths/Memories (Part 3)

Angel Of Darkness

I was humilated. Chanyeol's sister, Sandara had thrown her drink in my face after she had caught on to what I was doing. Not many have ever noticed what I was doing till after it was over with. She on the other hand caught me before I could get anymore from her. She stormed out of my tent, leaving me dripping with the wine I had saved for a long time. She was sure she had spoiled my fun but I was not going to let it end, no I would not cause now I knew something she thought she distracted me from. Her friend Jaejoong has a story that did not match hers. It didnt matter that if she ran to her friend and family and shared with them what happened here. I would get what I wanted and there is no stopping me. One of my men walked into my tent as I wipped my face with a towel.

"Sir do you want me to go after her?" He asked.

"No, she can go where she pleases. Just tell the men that no one and I mean no one is to touch Park Sandara. I dont care how appealing she is to them, she is mine!" I declared. He nodded. He soon left, leaving me to finish cleaning myself up so to tell the men I had claim over Sandara. I cleaned up as best I could the left the food on the table. I began looking through my books till I found the one I was looking for. It was a old book, mostly folklore but one had become reality. I opened the book the the pages I had left off.

"... And the world will go dark, black clouds with block all manner of light from the heavens a angel falls from grace and the world will be swarmed with demons that will reak havoc on the world only till the men gather arms and fight back, and once the angel of darkness is cut down will the light return to earth and the demons will vanish bringing the first year of peace in years to man." Those were the words that was told as a myth long ago. They were just words of a storyteller back then but now these words had truth in them. With every survivor I had obtained I was much closer to finding the Angel of Darkness and soon his reign on our world would be over. I studdied the book, remembering every word, translating any hidden text that was in the book to find clues to where to find this Angel that tourmented us so. I would go over this book every time I spoke with a survivor that we found, trying to find those hidden cryptic messages to find and kill the angel. I would not rest till I have done so.

 

********************************************************************************

Pacing the floor, I waited for Dara to return. She had been gone for a while that her food had actually gone cold. Her mother told me not to worry but the look in Chanyeol's eyes told me to worry. I couldnt begin to imagine what was going on while she was with that man. Everything about that man told me to keep my eye on him and never to turm my back on him. The tent opened, Dara walked in. I was relieved seeing her. I pulled her close and held her in my arms. She hugged me back as her family watched. I pulled away, cupping her face in my hands as I looked her in the eyes.

"Are you ok? Did they hurt you? What did they want?" I asked. She caressed my cheek, looking in my eyes as she smiled.

"He asked me questions about how we survived. He wanted to know what we did, where we went and.... " She stopped I looked at her confused. She hesitated.

"I lied to him!" She whispered. Her mother began to ask but Chanyeol stopped her. I looked Dara wondering what she said.

"I told him that you found me, saved me before I was killed like the rest of my group and that we had been constantly on the move." She shared with me. I smiled at her finding that she was a brilliant person indeed. I kissed her right then and there. Her family had guessed we had become lovers, if not they knew now. Dara kissed me back. I knew she was doing this to keep the truth about me a secret. I stopped kissing her and whispered to her.

"I love you!"

"I love you too!" She replied. We all decided to stay together in the tent, spending time with one another. I learned about Dara's family as they learned a few things about me. Her mother talked alot about how Dara was as a kid and how she was really girly. She also shared many old pictures of her that she had left as well of Chanyeol. I shared what little information I was able to tell for her mother all thought Chanyeol knew my little secret. Once we finally were alone, Dara pulled me away for just a moment. She checked around then turned to me with worry written in her eyes.

"Earlier today, when Rae Won questioned me, he asked me about you." She shared. I looked at her wondering why. She took a breath and searched for the words to say.

"Jaejoong, I dont know what it is they want to know about you but I am afraid it because they are searching for something." She softly shared with me.

"Whatever it is we can get through this." I stated. She looked up at me with fear shown on her face.

"It's you! I believe they are searching for you?" She whispered. I looked at her with the same panic that she had. They were probably looking for away to bring back the light to the world, it was similar to the lines of finding a way to return to heaven. But the way things looked like here it would not end the same way. Dara had the feeling that if they knew who I was, they would kill me. I held her in my arms as she tried not to cry. I wondered just how they came to the conclusion that killing me would bring back the light and rid them of the hells on earth. They must have something in their possession that had shared this information with them. A book perhaps? I held Dara close to me as I concentrated on her alone, keeping all other thoughts in the back of my mind.

 

Later that day Dara and her mother decided to spend time with her mother as they and other women went to the river to wash clothes. At first It didnt seem like a good idea but apparently all the women would go with a party to watch over them, keeping eyes out for anything that wasnt human. Her mother insured that they would be fine so I let her leave. Chanyeol and I were left which meant we had to work. I followed Chanyeol out of the tent, he lead me to build traps for hunting. I watched at first. Learning how Chayeol built these contraptions, piece by piece and explaining how they worked. I took a great intrest in this as I learned to make these traps. After finishing the traps we began to make a weapon called a bow and arrows. Chanyeol shared with me that since we needed the guns and ammo for the creatures, the bows and arrows would be used to hunt with. It was a perfect silent weapon that was strong enough to hunt with but not strong enought to take down the creatures that lurked in the city. We then left with a few other men to place these traps. Chanyeol set the traps up, showing me how to set them up and where the best places were to place them. I found this very intresting enough that I began imaging bigger traps to capture the hellish creatures,killing them and repeating by catching more. Chanyeol shared with me that required more supplies like nails, hammers and even rope which meant going into the ruins of the city. It was best sticking with smaller traps to capture food to eat. He had a point so I kept those ideas at bay and learned what I could about hunting and trapping animals to eat.

We soon returned to find Dara and her mother had returned. Dara smiled at me as we returned. She waited by the entrance of the tent for me. I came to her and kissed her. She pulled me inside quickly as Chanyeol followed behind.

"I got you something!" She stated. I looked at her surprised.

"What?" I asked. She bulled out a basket and set it infront of me. Inside was a bunch of clothes. I looked at her confused.

"How did you get these?" I asked her as I pulled a few of the shirts out.

"Well Mom had kept a huge basket of soaps and shampoos when my father took them from hotels when we were younger. She kept them all this time. Now she uses them to trade with others. It isnt much but its better then wearing the same clothes all the time." She shared. I couldnt believe this. Even though it wasnt something she made I was still happy for the gift she had given. I kissed her cheek and smiled at her. She then turned to her brother.

"We got you some too!" Dara shared, pulling out another stack of clothes.

"Sorry its not as much as Jaejoong's but you already have more then he does." She explained.

"Thats fine but you could try to trade for some shoes. Mine are falling apart." He stated. I looked at the shoes on Chanyeol's feet. They were falling apart on his feet.

"Chanyeol, you know shoes are hard to come by. The only way to gain any new shoes is to raid a shoe store and the military guys will be the first to get them before anyone else." Their mother shared. Chanyeol pouted as he sat down on a chair.

"I just wish for once I could have a new pair of shoes." He muttered as he tore those ragged shoes off his feet. I could tell that they needed many things. I decided to take note of the things they said they needed so when I go out for supplies I would bring them back. Dara began to put the clothes away then sat next to me.

"So what did you boys do today?" She asked. Chanyeol sat up and smiled.

"I took Jaejoong with me to make hunting traps. He built a few with me and began working on making his bow and a few arrows. After a while we went out to place the traps. In a few days we should have something in atleast one of those trapps." Chanyeol shared. Dara looked at her brother.

"What exatly do you think you'll catch?" She asked.

"Chanyeol said something like a rabbit or a squirl!" I shared. Her mother looked at me.

"Jaejoong have you not seen a rabbit or a squirl before?" She asked. I completely tensed up. Dara didnt know what to say. Chanyeol answered before we could think of a lie.

"Jaejoong actually is a forigner. He only came to Korea just before everything happened. He had to learn the language during his time out there in the world." Chanyeol lied. I nodded to him, thanking him for what he did for us.

"Oh, so where exactly are you from?" She asked. Dara spoke.

"America! He actually was born here but moved there when he was young and only returned after his family visa was up. But he only spoke english when he returned." Dara lied for me. She then turned to me and began to kiss me. I was sure this kiss was to help stop the questions from comming. It worked, her mother stopped asking and Chanyeol shook his head and turned his mothers attention to something else. Dara stopped kissing me and smiled at me.

"I have never lied so much in my life!" She whispered to me. I chuckled, seeing how she was a little flustered to be thinking on her feet for a lie. It soon grew late and we prepared for dinner. This time Dara was not taken away from us to eat with Rae Won this time which I was happy about but something told me that it wouldnt be the last time he would try to take her away for reasons he could come up with. It was a peaceful night as we talked about one another, learing what we didnt know before till it was time to sleep. Dara slept next to her mother again and I and Chanyeol were again on the ground. I began to close my eyes, letting sleep take me.

 

I opened my eyes finding myself in a all white room. I sat up from the bed and looked out the window. The view from my window was beautiful as always. I pulled the covers off me and changed my clothes. I looked in the mirror seeing my bloode hair in the mirror. I opened the door to my room to leave to find someone I didnt expect to see. I quickly dropped to my knees and bowed my head.

"My lord, I didnt know..."

"Its alright my brother! Please rise." He spoke. Standing at my door was Jesus Christ himself. I stood to my feet as he asked.

"Where are you heading?" He asked me.

"I thought I find Saint Raphael." I explained. He nodded.

"Of course. Let me walk with you then." I left my room with Jesus next to me as I walked to meet with Saint Raphael. He looked at me, sencing something was wrong.

"Does something trouble you my brother?" He asked. I fumbled on my thoughts, trying to find the words to say.

"A while back when Rose and I was standing guard at the stairs outside the gate, Saint Raphael came to visit. He kept saying ridiculous things about my fasination with the world below the stairs." I explained. He listened to my words and then looked at me.

"Is it possible that you may very well have this fasination with the world cause you have not got to live a life there yourself?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"I dont think so my lord. I listen to Rose and everyone else talk about nothing else but the world below and the life they lived. I dont see what was so special about it." I shared my thoughts. He patted me on the back and smiled.

"Maybe one day you will understand their fasination so to answer your own questions." He suggested.

"I have my doubts on that." I doubt it. He only smiled at me then stopped in his tracks.

"Saint Raphael should be in that room ahead. I ask that you take my words into consideration. Who knows, you may thank me one day!" He soon walked down a different hallway, leaving me to go down toward the room he said Saint Raphael was waiting. I looked at my lord one last time seeing him gracefully walk away. I sighed, looking at my path ahead and headed to it. I opened the doors to find not only Saint Raphael but Saint Valentine, Saint Nicholas and Rose standing in the room together. I then felt the world spin as I entered the room.

I sat straight up from the ground, sweat beading down my body. Another memory. They were starting to haunt me like nightmares more then a memory. I looked around the room to see everyone was asleep. I decided to get up and take a walk outside. The cool air cooled my skin, helping calm myself down as I walked around. Only a few people were awake at this time, mostly those who were to keep an eye out while everyone rested. They were mostly military men. Alot of them seemed to watch me, their eyes following me as I walked around the camp. I shook off their glances and continued to walk around. After a few laps around I returned to the tent to see Dara was awake, waiting for me to return. She smiled at me.

"Another nightmare?" She asked. I shook my head. She looked at me confused.

"My memories! They seem to be haunting me. Mostly a certain one!" I shared. I sat down in front of her, laying my head on her lap as I sat on the floor below. She ran her hands through my hair.

"Which memory?" She asked.

"The one that led me here." I shared. She stopped, looking at me. I turned to look up at her to see her curious eyes.

"Before I fell, I had never lived a life on earth. Everyone in heaven, all they talked about was their life they had here. I hated hearing them. I dont know if it was cause I was annoyed with all the stories cause they sounded the same or cause I was jealous. Envy of the thing they had. My friend Rose, he lived a life on earth. He had friends, family and even experienced love once. But he died young, now he stands in heaven....." I stopped as I looked up at what would have been a beautiful sight toward heaven only to find the roof of the tent. I hung my head low again.

"Is this the first life you lived?" Dara asked. I shook my head.

"Possibly! Maybe! I dont know!" I answered. I laid my head back in her lap and she brushed my hair with her fingers.

"There are angels who never lived a life on earth, but there are the Archangels who never lived a life on earth. They were always angels even before the birth of man." I shared.

"And you?" She asked me.

"Many decades after! No one had ever answered if I was a human before or if I had always been an angel." I shared with her. Dara listened to my every word, only asking what she knew needed to be ask. She knew how to make me feel loved, appreciated, important. I turned to look into her eyes. She had tears in them. She then asked another question.

"And if the sky clears, the light brought back and the creatures of darkness returned to the hell they came from, would you go back to heaven?" She asked me. My heart broke seeing her cry like this. I took her hand in mine and looked into her deep brown eyes.

"I would beg to stay and live a life with you here on the world I had ignored for so long." I shared. She smiled, still crying as she hugged me. I kissed her lips, not wanting to stop. We had fallen deeply in love and I understood why Rose felt sad when he talked about love. It hurt more then falling from grace. I held Dara close to me as we continued to share our kissed. I pulled away only to let us breathe. After a while I knew we had to stop. She laid back down next to her mother and I returned to my spot on the floor, holding her hand that hung from the bedside. It was the only thing I could do to help ease her pain as well as mine. I thought about all the words ever told to me about the lives lived here before. I finally understood why they cherished the memories they had. I didnt want to say goodbye, not ever but I knew one day that day would come, weather it be the day the world returns to normal or long after. I would cherish every moment I spent with Dara and her family even after I return to heaven.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It had been a long week and to finally reach today to post this chapter for you guys is a relief for me. It makes my weeks shorter even if I still have to work till saturday night. I do hope you guys are enjoying this story. I am working on my next story, I do hope you guys will enjoy these chapters from here till the end cause the story does seem to change from how it all started but I enjoyed writing these chapters and I hope you will appreciate them more cause we are slowly coming to the end. Next week I may give you two chapters but no garenttee. But for now, please enjoy!