Why do you haunt me

Angel Of Darkness

I stood in my room, looking at the now much bigger hole in the wall. She had been leaning on it which it gave way. If he hadnt been gathering wood near by from below, she would have fallen to her death. It was luck that had been keeping this girl alive this long. A weak human could never survive this world, at least not very long. Looking around the room I found nothing had changed, besides the hole in the wall, she touched nothing. So she was bored, understandable, even I grew bored of the daily life here. I had to find ways to past the time away. Looking around the room, I noticed the books were beginning to pile more and more. Soon there would be no more room for any more. Giving her a few books and candles wouldnt hurt. I opened the door quietly and looked down into the room where she lay. She had been there for quite a while. She looked at her hand, studying each crease in the hand, every scar that ran up her arm. She was bored. I shook my head, fighting myself to go down there. Why did this human seemed to take alot of my time and my thoughts away? I returned to my room, shutting the door quietly and then returned to the hole in the wall. I looked out to see the city. It still looked the same, the same sounds, the same eerie look but something seemed different. I shook it off and returned to the woods below where I gathered the wood from. I had been hard at work for days cutting down wood. Of course it didnt drain me of my energy as it would any human. I had ran an axe through the trees with no effort at all, had gathered pleanty of wood for many nights to burn through the dark days and even darker nights. Looking up into the sky all I found was nothing but dark clouds. The light that I was accustomed too for so long was gone, and the life I lived was out of my reach. It didnt matter that I still had wings to fly into the sky, they could never get me to what I knew in my heart was home. I closed my eyes, imagining being in the great halls of the heavens. Where light stretched beyond my own limits. It was a simple life, where others like myself lived. Of course that life was gone now, and the idea of it being nothing but a memory pained me. I opened my eyes and looked back at the pile of wood I had gathered. I knew it would be best to pile the wood when Dara slept so I wouldnt have to deal with her constantly watching me. I didnt understand why I felt her gaze bothered me so much and why I even cared if she did watch. The air was begining to get colder which meant a storm would soon be coming. Storms were not always great. I never knew what actually made me fear what lied await in them but it gave me chills. So far living in the church, a temple to the godd I had known as long as I could remember was by far the safest place. Living in many other places when I first arrived seemed to been full of bad memories, constantly fighting to survive against both the creatures of the night and the elements. My contact with humans however were limited because of the creatures. Dara was however the only human I had any contact with, and the knowledge of knowing her name was something was rare for me. I looked back up to the church, seeing the whole to my quarters and thought back to her asking for my name. I had never told her. Why should I? Cause I knew of hers?

After much time, Dara had finally passed out into a sleep and I finally made way to bring in a new pile of wood as well as to feed the fire that was slowly dying. I looked to Dara to see her sleeping peacefully. Something that was probably not a usual acurance even for her. Seeing her gentle features of her face that lay in rest, her chest rising and falling with each breath. The light from the fire showed the beauty that she had. She was indeed beautiful, almost angelic. If I didnt know better, I would have said she herself was an angel who had also fallen from grace. She moved in her sleep and realeased small noise as she rolled over that made me freeze in place. Was she having a nightmare? No she didnt seemed to be having a nightmare. Her hair fell infront of her face and out of reaction I reached out and pulled it back behind her ear. It was then I realized what I was doing. Damn my actions for I not known what I was doing. Why did I care? I quickly shook off my actions and my feelings that seemed to pull my gaze to her sleeping self. She seemed to have bewitched me somehow. I quickly headed to my quarters but not without looking down from the doorway to see she still slept silently. What was going on with me? I entered his chambers and began to light some candles. Picking up a book I began to read. But the words made no sense. I slammed the book shut and tossed it away. What was going on with me?