His hidden agenda

Angel Of Darkness

It was late in the morning, everyone had gathered in the camp as they bid a final farewell to those who were lost to us. I could hear the cries of many, as well as the prayer that was said for everyone who didnt return. Everyone was together but I was in my tent crying over a bin as the unborn child growing in my belly constantly made me sick. I gently rubbed the area in which I knew was where my baby was growing inside me. Tears escaped my eyes as the thought of my baby would never get to know it's father, the angel who had saved my life many times. I never expected life to turn out this way. Loosing my father, being stuck out in the ruins away from everyone, meeting the angel of darkness, falling for Jaejoong, being reunited with my family and then loosing both my brother and love just before learning I was bearing Jaejoong's unborn child inside me. So much had happened in my life that I was wondering when the chaos of the turn of events would stop or atleast slow down. My mother returned to our tent, coming to me to help me onto my feet. Thanks to her, I have been able to manage this far. She been aiding me through my hardship even though she was suffering over the loss of her only son, my brother Chanyeol. The camp had aided us if they could. The doctor did regular check ups on my and my unborn child as well as feeding me more nurtrisious foods that would help the baby in its development. Some of Chanyeol's friends and my mother's friends helped aided us in chores and giving me clothes to wear for when I would out grow my own. But the most help was the packing! The camp was now moving again, after a long period of waiting for any survivors, the camp was now relocating so to gather more supplies else where. We loaded what we could onto a cart that Kim Rae Won's men obtained for us to use. He seemed to be very caring for my family, though I knew it had a secert meaning behind it, though I didnt know what it was. I began folding the last of the clothes to pack away only to stop to see I was holding one of Jaejoong's shirts. It was one that he seemed to like alot. I lifted it to my face and smelled the linguring scent that was left in it. Tears ran down my face as the thought of Jaejoong returned to me. How could an angel die so easily? How in all the dangerous situations we had been through together he had survived only to die now? I asked to myself as I cried out. He had survived alone with no one long before we had met, then he kept us both safe, only getting injured because of me.

That was it! It was my fault. The day death was looking me in the eye, Jaejoong lost his wings, his ability to fly. His wings were damaged because he was protecting me. And even though we shared with Chanyeol that Jaejoong was an angel, he still wouldnt beable to save them both with everyone watching. The more I thought about it the more I cried, the more my heart ached. My mother came to me, holding me, rocking me as I cried in her arms. It was all my fault. If Jaejoong had not had saved me, he would still be alive, Chanyeol would still be alive.

"It's all my fault!" I cried.

"What?" My mother asked.

"It's all my fault. Its my fault Chanyeol and Jaejoong..." I cried, not finishing my words. My mother pulled me closer as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"My baby girl, none of this is your fault." She spoke.

"But it is. If Jaejoong never saved me..."

"Then I would be down both a daughter and a son. But because of Jaejoong, I have my daughter again and a beautiful grandchild on its way because he saved you." She spoke to me softly with tears in her eyes.

"I had seen more death in my life then most. But I know that Chanyeol's death as well as Jaejoong's death are not your fault. So dont put the weight of their death on your shoulders. They are no longer in pain now. You must remember that. They are now out of the darkness and in a world of light." My mother spoke. I listened as she held me close to her. I could feel the baby in my belly moving, as if it was trying to calm me down as well. My baby! If I had never met Jaejoong, my baby would never be born. Even if Jaejoong was not here, I still had a piece of him with me always. His child! I finally stopped crying, leaving the comfort of my mothers embrases to see her smiling at me through her own tears. We both had been crying but we still had something to live for. We began to clean the tears from our faces when a soldier came into our tent. It was the man who told me that Jaejoong and Chanyeol did not return.

"It's almost time to go. Are you ready?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Do you need help? I can take the tent down if you like?" He asked us.

"Thank you, we would appreciate that." My mother thanked him. He began doing alot of the packing for us. Taking the tent down, folding the tables and putting it all in the cart. I did the small packing as my mother gathered what we needed and what we didnt. We were soon packed and ready to go. It would be a long way before we reached our destination but I was sadden about leaving this place. I took in the surroundings, remembering walking with Jaejoong in the camp, running off with him into the woods where I was sure our child was concived. After a long pause and taking in what memories I had, we left. Our camp traveling slowly as we made our way around the ruins to find our new camping site.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Everything was packed up, everyone ready! The camp soon began to move. I smiled as we were leaving the area and moving to a new location. I spotted Sandara in the crowd as she look sad as everyone moved on the path. She was still mourning for her friend but I would make her forget him as quickly as possible. She would soon fall for me, and when I find the Angel of Darkness, killing it to bring the light back to our world then she will be my bride, my queen in a world of light, a world in which I would rule over. The thought of it made me smile. How could she refuse me? I was the ultimate catch. Good looks, strength, inteligence and after killing the angel of darkness I would be considered nobility if not royalty. I turned to look forward, smiling more and more with each step we took away from the place where she would leave her past. She will start her future with me, starting at this new camping site. I pushed the group to move faster, wanting to get there quicker so that I could get what I wanted.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

After what felt like a days worth of walking, we finally stopped. My feet were swollen from all the walking, my baby moving in my belly seemed to make me sick as I sat down to rest. I could barely move. The soldier that helped us pack began helping us unload. My mother began to unload to but realized the man moved our things away from where we planned to set up at.

"Um... Excuss me but where are you going with our things?" My mother asked. The man turned to her.

"I'm helping you unpack and setting up your tent." He explained.

"Yes but we planned to set up over there!" She pointed to a location which wasnt far from where we stopped the cart. He sighed and pointed toward the middle of the camp.

"I was ordered to move you and your daughter to the center."

"Ordered? By who?" My mother asked. He didnt have to answer cause I knew who it was.

"Kim Rae Won Mam'." He then took our things to the location where he had been ordered to take it. My mother looked to me and back toward the area the man left. More soldiers came to take our things and began to unpack them. I stood up from where I was siting to follow where the men were taking it. Everystep I took only confirmed what I knew to be true. I came to a stop to see Kim Rae Won ordering his men to connect the tents.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked. Rae Won turned to see me. He smiled at me as he approached me, reaching to take my arm but I pulled away. He sighed but kept his smile.

"I had been thinking for awhile. You and your mother will need someone to look after you both. I decided to take on that responsibility. I will keep you both safe and make sure you both live comfortablely." He stated.

"My mother and I can care for ourselves thank you." I told him. He shook his head.

"Yes but I would feel bad if I left you two to live for yourselves. At least do me the curtisty of letting me care for you both?" He asked as polietly as possible. Something kept me wondering why he was doing this. I knew the hidden agenda was in his words but I could not figure out what it was.

"The doc will be close by if you need him for anything. With your child growing you will need all the help you can get." He was right about that. After listening to him I realized his words rang some truth in them. I accepted his offer but told him I rather not be living so close to him. He ignored that and continued to tell his men where he wanted everything placed. Before I knew it, the only entrance to my tent was through his, where I would have to live with him. He turned our tent into a master bedroom for my mother and even gave me my own room which was close to his. He told me it was so he could order his men to fetch the doc if something happened but I had a feeling that wasnt the case. My life had changed drasticly fast after our move. Now everything was being handed to me, I didnt work for anything and my mother was also handed anything she wanted. I didnt like this. Before I had to work for what I wanted or needed like everyone else. Now it was given to me on a silver plate. I was starting to learn that Rae Won had a plan up his sleeve and it involved me. I didnt know what but I knew I would soon learn what it was soon enough.