Just grazed by death

Angel Of Darkness

It was late morning when Chanyeol left the tent he shared with his mother. It took his mother another night of tears before she had fallen asleep. She was truely heartbroken. Losing her husband after he was scouting and then her daughter on a supply run. Now her only son was joining a supply run and was leaving soon. Chanyeol took a few things with him. A flashlight, a compass, bottle of water, a dagger and a bag to carry supplies. It wasnt much but it was enough to survive with. He gathered with the others he would be leaving with. Most were experienced supply runners and two were scouts while the others were new to this. Young kids like he who had to work to help the other survivors live. He was afraid, but he wasnt going to show his fear to anyone. Everyone was handed a gun. Some were pistols and others were rifles. Chanyeol was handed a rifle and three clips. He gladly took it but knew it wasnt enough to fend off a group of those demonic creatures that lay wait in the city.

"Alright! You all went over the plan last night. We are to only bring back food and weapons. Nothing more! Understood?" The group leader looked over the group that was leaving. Everyone agreed. They all soon began to head into the city. They split into three groups. Chanyeol was in a group of seven. It was a bigger group then normal but they needed supplies badly. They headed toward what use to be a school. Inside he knew the caffeteria would have many preserved foods canned but the likelyhood that it hadnt been raided was slim. They apprached one of the entrances, checking their surroundings to see if they were being watched or followed. Nothing! They then opened the doors and used their flashlights to look inside. The building was dark, deserted and rundown. The group leader waved everyone in. They took their time to get to the caffeteria, checking for any signs of the creatures that could be lurking about. Nothing. Silently they crept into the big room as they headed to the kitchen. They had reached the kitchen to find it had not been raided thankfully. The leader signaled to the group to start gathering. Chanyeol slung his rifle on his back and pulled out his bag. He began to fill it with the can goods. He was nearly done when someone dropped a can. Each and everyone of them froze. The sound of the can falling echoed into the caffetria. They all waited to hear the sounds of something heading their way. Nothing. A sigh of relief, the squad leader signaled for them to continue and to hurry. Chanyeol finished, strapping the bag to his back and took hold of his rifle when gun shots could be heard in the distance and screams of people. A chill ran down Chanyeol as he realized just how close to death he really was. Then a roar from inside the caffetria was heard. Chanyeol looked out the small door way he stood infront of to see a stage that sat there in the caffetria. Pushing through the curtains was a creature of great size and build. It stood on all fours, with teeth that could crush bones. It had four eyes and a nose that began to sniff the air. Before Chanyeol let his fear control him, he quickly hid behind the wall and prayed for a moment. Death was very near. He looked to one of the group members to see he was frozen in place. Chanyeol tried to motion for him to hid but he didnt. The monster that Chanyeol feared would spot his fellow group member had roared which sounded more like it found what it wanted. Chanyeol held his breath as he saw the his fellow member grab his gun and began shooting. Too late. Hell had broke loose. Chanyeol watched as the wall next to him crumbled as the creature broke through to catch his prey. Ignoring the screams of his fellow group member, Chanyeol left the kitchen like many other members and began to make their escape. The group leader lead the way, leading them to an escape. They were all running down the halls of the school, far from the screams of the other groups and the members who were left behind in the kitchen.

"This way!" The group leader called as they came across the exit. The leader opened the door and was face to face with a smaller creature who hung from the celling of the walkway. The group stopped and turned to run. Chanyeol felt they were running out of options. The group began to break apart, getting smaller as they split. Chanyeol was now alone with one other member as they ran to another end of a school. Guns could be heard everywhere as well as screams. A exit was just infront of them and the two of them seemed to have made it. Just then a creature came from one of the rooms next to the exit and it had spotted them. The two of them tried to stop but slipped and slid just infront of the creature that walked on two legs, only using its arms to run but there was no running after his prey who lay just in reach. It growled as Chanyeol and the other member knew this was the end. Just as they thought they were dead, guns were heard and the creature began to fall back in pain. It turned around to meet it's end and fell just next to Chanyeol. Chanyeol scooted away from it as he looked up to see a man standing there in front of him. The man looked down at Chanyeol and the other person. A few other people came in and began searching the school. Chanyeol was confused what was going on.

"You boys alright?" The man asked. The two looked at each other then nodded. The man held out his hand to Chanyeol and helped him up to his feet.

"Were you boys alone?" He asked.

"No! There are... were others." Chanyeol answered.

"B-But they m-might still be alive." The other group member answered. The man nodded.

"We will get as many people out as possible." The man turned to some of the men behind them and signaled to them. They took Chanyeol and the other member and pulled them out of the school. Chanyeol looked behind him to see the man continued into the school as if he was on a mission. Something about the man seemed heroic but also not right. The doors closed and that was when he found himself being dragged out of the city with other survivors who he knew nothing about. What would happen next was beyond him but it was better the the other outcome that could have happened just moments ago inside the school.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I know such a short chapter, but you guys are almost to the longer chapters! So dont give up. Anyway, Chanyeol needed some light in this story, besides this plays out for a reason so just remember this chapter cause it is important. Anyway I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. I been really busy with prepareing for cosplays as well as saving for a convintion at the end of this month which I can not wait to go! :) I havnt been writing in a while but that cause I am preparing everything but I will be back ontop of this as soon as the convention is over! I will have more time to write toward the as well as the ending of the story. No its not ending anytime soon. I am sure it wont be till around ....... August before we get to the end... dont quote me on that. But I wanted to let you guys know that I will be posting as usual, just one chapter every Wednsday as always so I am glad you guys enjoyed last weeks quad chapter post, but we are back to one chap a week again till I finished and started my next story. If you guys want to guess where this story is going, please be my guest, I have no problem with it. I like wondering what yall think this is going and what yall would have done differently. It gives me a look into the situations for my characters through others eyes. But I promise you will enjoy these future chapters and I have a secret that I havent even told my own friends who I will admit, get to read this before you guys or atleast listen to what I have planned for it. I know but dont worry. They dont comment so they wont spoil anything for anyone. Infact they only view my story through my account usually. Well next week I might be in a sour mood but its no ones fault (actually its the goverments fault but I cant escape it), but I have this thing called Jury duty soon which may cause problems but hopefully I dont get picked. Cross your fingers! It would ruin all the plans I made and all the money I have spent for this month if I get chosen.... Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have been enjoying this story thus far. Please leave me your comment, tell me what you think, how you feel with all that has happen in the story before we reach a change of scenery .... *cough* what? oh yeah sorry.... Thank you guys and hope to read your comments soon!