Watching you sleep

Angel Of Darkness

I held on tight to Jaejoong as he flew us to the skyscraper where we would be living. He held me close so not to let me fall till we finally reached our destined location. He landed us on our feet, and looked around us before he let me go. Once he felt we were safe he loosened his grip around me. I looked around realizing we were back to square one again. Well the both of us were this round. Before it was I who had to adapt to a new living. Now it was both of us. I watched as he went through the rubble. The place was run down and abandoned but looking past the damanges and dismay, it wasnt that bad. It had a nice balcony where I knew would be where we would have the bon fire. I was sure Jaejoong was thinking the same thing. He began piling anything that would burn that was not salvagable onto the balcony. I walked into the building to find what looked like a studio apartment. It was beautiful but there was no way we would have seperate rooms. Jaejoong was still creating a pile for the bon fire outside, still hadnt even looked inside. I sighed as I looked around. It looked pretty new, or it did at one point before the world had changed to what it is now. I began to go through what was usable. There was a table and a few chairs but not many, and there was a sofa which I was sure was a hidabed. I continued to search around, not finding of anything else of use till I found a few candles. It had been awhile since I seen unlit candles. I gathered them up and set them on the table, then I went to room which I was sure was a bathroom. There was no running water but the bathroom could be used if we gathered pails of water. I opened the closet to find clean, unused towels. I was in awe of such a find. It wasnt something I could find on a supply run. I picked one of the towels up and held it close to me, taking in the scent that still lingured on it. Hearing footsteps entering the building, I knew Jaejoong had walked into the sight I saw.

"Is this it?" He asked. I nodded through the doorway. He sighed as he looked around the place. Finding the table and a chair and taking a seat. He looked really exhausted as he laid his hand on the table and lowered his head ontop of his hands. He took a few deep breaths as he lay his head there, his eyes closed as he rested for the moment. He needed sleep, alot of sleep. I could tell by how he laid there, his breathing was deep and a small snore could be heard. I smiled for it was the first time I had witnessed him do such a thing. I continued to explore, finding a few dishes that were unbroken which I would put to good use while we were to stay here. It reminded me of my grandmother's dishes, making me smile knowing she didnt have to live in this world anymore. She had died long before the world fell into despair. I began to clean the place up, throwing the trash and broken items into the pile Jaejoong would soon burn for light. I tidy up the kitchen and putting the dishes in the cabnets. It reminded me of doing choirs at home when I would return from school. Remembering how I use to hate doing choirs almost seemed stupid now. I took a deep breath after finishing what I had done to look at Jaejoong agian. He was sound asleep sitting on the chair with his head on the table. It brought me back the first time I found him with his eyes close, sitting near the fire. I had thought he was asleep then as I had stared at his chiseled features, his dark hair falling over his face just above his long lashes. Now his hair was fading from its dark color to blonde. So far only the tips of his bangs had changed to blonde. I decided to sit across from him at the table as I continued too look at how he slept. When I had watched him at the church, he was very still looking as if he didnt even breathe. This time he was taking deep breaths. He was actually asleep unlike the first time. He didnt even take notice that I was watching him.

Hours had went by before he had finally rose from his slumber. He looked at me seeing I had been watching him for a while. He rubbed his face, waking himself up as he sat up in the chair.

"How long was I out for?" He asked.

"About four hours! Possibly more. I am not completely sure since my watch is dead now." I looked at the watch on my wriist. The battery had died during the night. It belonged to one of my fellow members of my group, but I didnt cherish it. Most of our personal belongins were something.... personal. Mine was a picture of my family before everything fell apart. For others it could be a hair pin, a old shirt or a watch. We always carried very little possessions except for what we needed in this time. I began to yawn as I removed the watch from my wrist. I was now useless and I had no more need for it. I set it on the table, seeing that even time had its limits.I poundered on the thought of when my time wouild come, if it was to be in a year, maybe a month or even today. The idea made me think on my families time left. My father was gone but it was possible that my mother and brother could still be alive. Maybe! Jaejoong took my hand in his, taking note that my mind had wondered off. I looked up into his brown eyes, seeing he was worried about me. I smiled, grasping his hand that was already around mine. We had grown much closer over time and I was even surprised at myself. Yes I wanted to go back to my family but I wanted to stay with Jaejoong. We sat there, just holding each others hands as our minds wondered over our thoughts. He sighed, taking his hand back and stood up.

"I think you should rest." He stated. I looked up at him, not fighting him on it since we both hadnt slept because of the storm which he seemed very certain was bad news. I was tired and needed the sleep so I stood up and began heading to the couch. He helped me set up the bed, pulling off the coushions and even bull out the bed. It had never been used so I didnt bother fliping the matress or even changing the sheets. I climbed right in and laid down. I turn to Jaejoong who now sat at the end of the bed.

"Jaejoong?" He turned to look at me.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you!" He smiled at me.

"Thank you! Truely!" He replied to me. I laid my head down and closed my eyes. Jaejoong never left the foot of the bed. He stayed, watching over me in this new place which we had no clue what would be lurking around. I soon slipped into a deep sleep, knowing that just at the end of the bed, Jaejoong was watching over me and keeping me safe. It had been the first deep sleep I had in a long time.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Alright I know this one was short but I promise the story is going to get more intense and a bit longer per chapter! So please have patiences with me cause those chapters have already been written. I will try to give out more details but I also like letting you readers let your imagination paint the picture cause a mind is a powerfull thing you know. Lets not waste it! Alright well I am off for tonight! Again, Sorry for the late posting today! I will be on time next week I promise!