Advise from the dead

Angel Of Darkness

I flew in the air, looking at the world below me as I headed to the cementary. This was not the world I belonged too and it wasnt the world Dara lived in before I had landed here. The world was like this because of me! I caused the pain she suffered. I rushed to the cementary with haste so I could speake with Mr. Lee. He was a smart man, well a smart ghost and would most likely know what I could do to fix what I had broken. I reached the cementary, landing gracefully on my feet and walked toward the grave of Mr. Lee. I knocked on his grave twice and waited. Soon he appeared, stretching his ghostly form as he dusted himself off and greeted me.

"Good evening Jaejoong! This is an unexpected..... Jaejoong! What is....?" I sighed, taking a seat down on the tomb stone next to Mr. Lee's. I looked up at the sky seeing the same darkness as I had seen every day but this time I saw it differently.

"Jaejoong? Is everything ok?" Mr. Lee asked, seeing that I was troubled. I turned to him seeing his concern for me. It was something I hadnt seen in a while. I shook my head and ran my hands through my hair, trying to shake off my doubt but it still lingured.

"It's my fault!" I uttered. Mr. Lee looked confused.

"What's your fault?" He asked. I sat back up and held out my hand to the the world.

"This! This world of darkness, of fear and death. Its all because of me that the world it like this. It's all because of me that the world is like this. Why she cant return to her family and why she cant live a normal life." I uttered out of despair. Mr. Lee sighed trying to think of words to say but he was silent.

"How can I..... I just... I want her to be happy." I finally let out. Mr. Lee sat next to me, taking a deep breath before he spoke.

"Jaejoong, sometimes what we want isnt something we can achieve. I understand that she must have a family she is longing for, correct?" He asked me. I nodded, kicking my foot in the dirt. He nodded then continued.

"Well even if you did reunite her with her family she will indeed be happy. But for how long? She will be happy for a time but in this world, with how everything is, she will never truely be happy." Mr. Lee shared. I stood up, feeling even more troubled then before. There was a pain in my chest that had never been there before, and it seemed to grow in pain. I didnt understand why I was suffering so much but I only assumed Dara only suffered more then I ever had. Was this truely what Rose longed for? A world of pain, of suffering?

"Jaejoong?" Mr. Lee called to me. I turned to him and thats when I realized something wet falling down my face. I took my hand and wipped up the wet content and looked at it. Tears! They were tears! I turned back to Mr. Lee who seemed to realize what was wrong as he sighed.

"Your heart is in pain. Isnt it?" He asked me. I looked at him confused. He placed a hand over his chest.

"Pain in your chest. That's coming from your heart. Your heart aches because of this girl?" I nodded, realizing that it was my heart that was in pain.

"Jaejoong my boy, your in love. This girl your living with, you have fallen for her." Mr. Lee stated, getting up from his seat and walking toward me.

"This pain is love?" I asked. He nodded with a smile.

"Just a small piece but yes the pain your feeling is your love for her." He shared with me. He went to pat my back but his hand went straight through me and he pulled back and laughed.

"Hahaha, oh sometimes I forget I'm dead." He laughed but that stopped after a few seconds as he saw me looking so pathetic.

"Dont worry my boy. I believe there is more to you being here then you realize. You just have to figure out what it is." Mr. Lee shared. I thought about what it was that I was meant to do. Then I realized it. I was here for Dara. I was here to save her life and reunite her with her family. I looked up at Mr. Lee with purpose.

"I need you to do another favor for me." He sighed as he waited for me to ask.

"I need you to look for the surviving groups around the city. I need to find Dara's family and reunite them. I can get something of one of the group members that came from the group her family is with. If it will help?" Mr. Lee sighed then nodded.

"I will send my dogs out but I cant promise finding the group your looking for. With those creatures lurking every where, I will not send them to get close. Just to catch their trail. Nothing more if that is enough for you?" He asked.

"Even a trail leading to the group is enough for me." I took a deep breath and looked back up at the church that sat so high on the cliff in the distance. Dara would be falling asleep by now. I turned back to Mr. Lee and smiled weakly.

"Thank you my friend. You have been much help today." I thanked him.

"Well you'd be helpless without me." He uttered softly but I heard him all the same.

"Take care and I will be back soon enough." I stated as I opened my wings and flapped them, lifting me from the ground and into the air.

"I dare say you should just stay with her for a longer time then coming to visit the dead!" He shouted out.

"But what would you do then?" I yelled back.

"Go crazy I guess!" Mr. Lee shouted jokingly. I laughed and waved goodbye as I headed back to the church. For so long I didnt understand what Rose talked about, but I was starting to understand. He had loved a woman and still loved her is what I assumed. Now I too had fallen for a beautiful woman who I was afraid was doomed because of me. If I ever saw Rose again, I would have to appologise to him for always longing for what he had left behind.