The pain I feel in my gut

Angel Of Darkness

It has been a long week for me guys! I have been at the gym working out and today, I am super sore! So no gym for me till next week. Anyway! How are you guys enjoying the story so far? Well we are slowly getting closer to the end to the story. For every week, we are getting closer to the end. I have decided that when we get to the end, I will take a break from writing to get some time away to do things for myself, but that doesnt mean I am forever never going to write. I will write again, I promise. We all just need a break to get through things. Anyway, this weekend is my last conventions. Its both a good and sad one for it will be my first RTX knowing Monty Oum (my idol) will not be there. So I will enjoy it as much as possible but I will feel a bit of regret for not getting to meet Monty as much as I could as a fan. With it being my last con this year, I will enjoy it and be happy once its over too! So I will give you two chapters again. I hope you all enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

From the moment Jaejoong and Chanyeol left I have been having this constant feeling in the pit of my gut that something was very wrong. Hour after hour would pass as I kept looking for them to return. My mother would constantly remind me to have faith that they will return but I knew better. The world outside the camp was indeed very dangerous. I was lucky to had found Jaejoong when I did, or rather lucky to have him find me! Because of him I was able to survive for as long as I had. My heart ached for Jaejoong as well as for my dear brother. For every chour we did I kept a watchful eye out for their return as well as the eyes watching me. I knew Rae Won had his men watching me but for reasons unknown as far as I knew. I tried to keep busy but the day was passing, the world just as dark as it had been for a long time. Finally I could hear a commotion going on in the camp. My heart stopped for a moment as I stood up and held my hand to my chest.

"They have returned!" I heard someone call. Everyone immediately began to return back to the camp, rushing to meet with their loved ones. My body jerked forward but my mother held me close to her. She was as nervous as I. I could hear many people rejoycing, happy to have their loved ones return but then those people were soon drowned out but the cries of pain and sorrow. I hadnt even seen anyone yet as I couldnt move. My body stayed frozen in place as the fear of finding that the person I had been waiting for will not be there.

"Dara!" My mother whispered. I turned to her to see her just as scared as I. She had been through this once before. For her having to go through this not only for her husband as well as for me but now for Chanyeol, it must have been killing her. I turned to face the crowd and took my first step forward. I would stay strong, holding my mother's hand as we both walked on. We maded it back to the camp to see many of those who had left had returned. I began searching, looking for Jaejoong immediately, scanning through the many faces of relief, of sorrow, pain, depression, anger. I could not find him. Jaejoong wasnt there.

"Mom!" I called, ready to break down and cry. My mother squeezed my arm as she held onto me tightly. She scanned through the crowd as well. Searching for the boys. She then notice a soldier and grabbed him with her free hand.

"Excuss me sir! Is this everyone?" She asked the man. He looked at the crowd and turned back to us. As he took a breath, my heart stopped.

"No ma'm. There are still a few groups out searching for supplies. They should return later today." He shared with us. I took a breath, my heart beating again. Hope was not lost. I held my mother's hand which hung to my arm and happily rubbed it.

"They must still be looking. No big deal! They will be home soon enough!" I reasured her which I think I mostly said it to make me feel better. She nodded and we both returned back to our tent. It was time to eat anyway. We slowly made our way back when Rae Won and a few soldiers caught eye on us. As soon as Rae Won saw me I knew he would come our way. I didnt want to deal with him or see him. Not while my mind was else where.

"Evening ladies! How do you fare?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, sighing as I turned away from him.

"Not well, my boy and her friend are still out there and our hearts cant really handle the waiting." My mother answered. Rae Won nodded.

"I assure you that they will be fine as long as they follow their team leader in their search. I am about to have dinner if you ladies would like to join me?" He offered to us.

"No thank you!" I replied. He looked at me seeing my mood.

"I see! I guess maybe another time perhaps. If you ladies need anything, just ask and I will be sure it is done." He stated before he moved aside to let us by. I quickly rushed my mother and I back to our tent to leave the presence of that man. Everything about that man rubbed me the wrong way. We were back in our tent and I shut the flap so that we would be alone. I could only take being watched for so long. My mother began to prepare dinner for us. I was starved that I felt sick. As I came over to help my stomache turned. I quickly ran to the nearst bin we had and hurled. My mother stopped what she was doing to check up on me.

"Dara, are you alright?" She asked me. I nodded. I didnt know why but the sudden whiff of the food just made me sick. I tried to help her again but each time I got close I felt sick. I was sure I probbably caught a virus of some sort. I decided to lay down and not eat since the smell of food made me sick. My mother ate her dinner, a small helping so not to upset my stomache. She was soon done and quickly cleaned up so I would feel better. It was late. The guys were still gone, been gone for a day it seemed. I was starting to worry more. They shouldnt have been gone for so long. My mind began to wonder off, thinking about the possibilities that Jaejoong and Chanyeol could have been in. They could have been stuck, unable to return till it was safe. That was possible! They could be trapped, stuck between a wall and the creatures. That was a big possiblility. Then the last one which I tried hard to keep as far away as possible in the abyss of my mind. They could be dead! A tear escaped my eye as that thought ran through my mind. As I began to shake that thought from my mind, a commotion began to build up outside again. It had to be the boys. I quickly got up and ran outside. I started to search only to find a few men, most injured. I began to think the worst as I searched for Chanyeol and Jaejoong. I couldnt find them. Where could they be? Soon a man came to me, stopping a good two feet away as he stood there silent. I looked at him trying to read his facial expression but I didnt want to believe what I knew he was going to tell me. I could hear my mother come out of the tent to see the man. He sighed as he looked at the both of us.

"I am very sorry!" He began but my mother fell to her knees and cried. She knew what he was telling us. I still looked at the man confused.

"They were surrounded! They had no way to escape. Your friend fought bravely, insurring everyone could run to safetly but he died trying. Chanyeol had made it out alive, only to die from his injuries." The man shared. I shook my head but my eyes began to shed tears as every word stung my heart like a arrow. It wasnt possible.

"I am sorry for your loss!" He stated before he left. My mother still on the ground cried as she was told her son was dead but I stood still, in total shock as I was refusing to believe his words. A few people came to my mother's aid, helping her up and carring her back into the tent but not one person to come to help me, nor would I know they were there. Not only did I lose my brother but I had lost my friend, my love, Jaejoong the angel of darkness from one supply run. It didnt seem possible. How could it be? He was an angel! The thought of him gone made me sick and I quickly ran to a bin near by and hurled. My body was telling me something was wrong. It had been telling me all day. Now I knew what it was telling me. I began to cry as I found myself in a ironic situation. I decided I need to visit the doctor to find if my supessions were indeed true.