If I had to choose

Angel Of Darkness

Well another week, another chapter! Sorry this is a bit short but its worth it. I cant wait to finish writing. Still got alot to write. I hope you guys enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It had been a few days since we left the apartment. My body still pained me, my wounds had healed but not completely. My wings were damaged, damaged enough that it could very well be possible I would never fly again. But in the end I would gladly give up my wings if it meant Dara would be safe. We had found a toy store which was completely untouched. Since it didnt have supplies like food, weapons or medical no one ever raided it and their was no scent of humans ever entering that the creatures from hell never bothered entering or making it their nest. We decided it would be best that we moved there. I had carefully broke the lock so we could enter the building so to keep from breaking the glass and drawing attention to ourselves. We mostly lived in the back of the store where they stored more toys. Dara was pleased with the place which made me happy. It wasnt like the church or the apartment that we had obtained but it would have to work. When we needed supplies we both went together, so not having the same incident as before plus it made searching for supplies easier. We were able to carry more with us and get through buildings faster in less time. I felt Dara liked it better being with me on the supply runs so she could keep an eye on me and make sure I was ok. We had gathered fresh water which was the first time I would beable to clean myself after my battle with the hellish creature. Unfortunantly after washing myself I had discovered that my hair was permantly dyed red from the blood of that creature. Dara could read from my body language that seeing the bloonde in my hair disapear after what little time it had returned sadden me. I assumed that I wouldnt beable to gain the blonde back for a long time. I would have to repent for what I had done, but I wasnt sure what it was that I had done to deserve this. I avoided talking about my hair or my wings for that matter cause the thought of them only made me depressed so Dara avoided talking about them but I knew she was worried about me. Because we lived in a small place now and had no place to have a fire we decided best to live with candle light from what candles we could find. We even have found a portable stove top that we could use to cook with. It wasnt much but it was something which I knew gave some piece of mind for Dara but I think she thought the same thing about the candles for me. I sat against the door that lead to the front of the toy story, making sure the door stayed shut as I watch Dara sleep. Neither one of us had a single good night's rest since we left the apartment. She would wake up sometimes, screaming as she fought a ghost of the creature in her sleep. It happened alot but I was sure I did the same when I slept. Dara was sound asleep which wouldnt be for long. She had nightmares every night it seemed. I touched the wound on my arm. It had healed and so did the others but my wings.... My wings would take much time to heal before I am able to fly. If I am able. I shook my head as I looked around the place. It was beautiful with all the candles giving a dim light which lit up Dara nicely. It made me think of that small creature they talked about in the books I read at the church. Fairies I believed is what they called them. The small flames from the candles looked like Fairies, surounding Dara as they watch her sleep. I smiled at the very thought. My eyes were slowly closing, but I used my will power alone to keep them open but even that wasnt working. As my body tried to force me to sleep I could hear Dara begin her nightmare. I got up from my seat and walked toward her. She started to shake but before I let the dream take her I woke her.

"Dara! Wake up!" I called to her, shaking her gently till she awoke. She looked up at me surprised before she calmed down and sighed.

"Will the nightmares ever end?" She asked me through her tired breaths.

"One day they will." I claimed but even I didnt know that answer. She sat up, stretching her arms out as she yawned. We were both tired and I could see it in her eyes that she was which she saw in mine I was just as tired.

"You need to sleep." She pointed out to me what I already knew.

"And so do you!" I stated. She nodded. She then looked around the room seeing the candles.

"Its beautiful. I am happy we found them." She shared.

"So am I." She smiled at me.

"Go back to sleep. You need it." I stated.

"So do you. Why dont we both sleep?" She asked. I turned to the door which kept us hidden but I felt safer knowing nothing came through the door.

"If your worried about the door we could just block it with the desk over there." She pointed to the work desk that sat against the wall. It would provide weight against the door. It was a good idea. I stood up and walked to the desk. Carefully and quietly I moved the desk so it sat infront of the door, blocking anything from entering. After I placed it I turned back to Dara. She had made a pallet next to where she lay on the floor so I could sleep next to her.

"Are you sure you want me to sleep next to you?" I asked. She smiled which for both our tired states was weak.

"I feel better if you were next to me." She stated. I felt that she had a point. I laided next to her on the pallet and looked at her. We both just stared at each other as we laid next to each other. She was so beautiful even if we looked like we were both drained of our energy. I raised my arm up to her face as I moved a strand of her hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. She only looked me in the eyes as I did this. I caressed her cheek as I pulled my hand back but she grabbed my hand and held it in hers. She played with my hand, compared the size of mine to her own hand even entertwined our fingers. I watched as she did this, not caring if she did this forever. She then stopped and looked me in the eyes with such a serious expression.

"Jaejoong?"

"Yes?"

"When....If this ever ends, the darkness fades to light and the creatures return to wherever they came from, what is to become of you?" She asked me. I thought about it for so long that the answer was still unknown.

"I dont know." I answered honestly. She bit her lip as she thought about her next choice of words or questions.

"Well if you could chose to return to heaven or to stay, would you stay?" She asked. As that question rolled from her lips I knew what she was truely asking. She wanted me to tell her my choice now and I knew just excatly what she was thinking. I took a deep breath.

"If I have a choice in the matter, I would chose to be where ever you are. Weather it is here on earth or even in the depths of hell, I would want to be where ever you are." She smiled at me as a tear left her eyes. I pulled her hand which still held tight to mine close to me and kissed her hand, not taking my eyes off hers for even a moment. I knew she was happy to hear my choice as more tears began to escape her eyes. I leaned closer to her and kissed her as gently as I could. She kissed me back through her tears of happiness. After a few more moments of kisses I pulled away. She still smiled at me with tears in her eyes.

"You should sleep now!" She wipped her eyes and looked me in the eyes serious.

"What about you?" She asked me.

"I will be right here, watching you fall asleep then I will sleep after your sound asleep." I exclaimed. She smirked as she closed her eyes. I held her hand still as she started to fall asleep. I didnt want to close my eyes till I knew she was sound asleep.

"Jaejoong?" She spoke sleepishly.

"Hmm?"

"I.....I love....." She never finished since she had fallen asleep. I smiled, leaned in toward her and kiss her forehead. She snuggled closer to me in her sleep. I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes.

"I love you too!" I soon fell asleep with her in my arms as the candles continued to burn throughout the night like fireflies or faries that guarded us in the darkness.