Strategy and Crippled Wings / Memories (Part 4)

Angel Of Darkness

Many weeks had gone by, and I was sure that Rae Won would had made sure to move the camp so that any survivors he didnt want showing up couldnt find them. Chanyeol and I were now in full company of this new group. Lee Byung Hun and Kim Sung Min had fully interigated us which we took as their being cautious. We didnt blame them, they had every right to be cautious even in this world. Everyone in their camp seemed to watch us like hawks before they warmed up to us, but we mostly stayed close to Byung Hun and Sung Min. They didnt mind especially since we knew more about Kim Rae Won besides those they had saved before us. Every night, Byung Hun looked over maps, talked with those who lived in the camp with Rae Won and how he and his men worked. It seemed Byung Hun was not going to let him continue running things like he was.

"I see! That seems to be the likely state of things." Byung Hun spoke after listening to one of the men who had lived in Rae Won's camps the longest.

"It seems most of his men are not military at all but criminals." The news came as a shock to us all. Every muscle in my body twitched with anger.

"You mean?" One of the survivors spoke.

"Yes!" He answered.

"So when we presumed that the prisoners in the prison were not actually dead but released, only to work for Rae Won?" Sung Min asked.

"Apparently so. My guess is that he released them, promising they could live as they like as long as they served him." Lee Byung Hun shared his theory with us all. The room grew silence with only faint mumurs and whispers that hovered over our heads. So Rae Won was working with men who only follow him not cause he realsed them but cause he would allow them to live unchecked.

"We cant let this continue!" Chanyeol shouted. More people shouted with agreement. Sung Min signaled for silence as Byung Hun thought carefully on what they would do. He glanced at me seeing the look on my face.

"What do you think?" He asked me. I took a deep breath as I looked over everyone and returned to look at Byung Hun.

"I know his intentions is to kill the angel of darkness so he can bring the world back to light only to become some well known figure amoung people and to be worship." I spoke Byung Hun nodded.

"But even now as we know he has no clue that you are indeed the angel of darkness." Sung Min stated. I looked at him seeing that he didnt not mean that as anything but a statement that people had been calling me for years now. I sighed.

"He does not know that I am an angel." I answered. A man stood up in the crowded group, looking at me.

"But are you the angel of darkness? Would your death truely bring back the light?" The man asked. Everyone looked at me. I could see both Sung Min and Byung Hun looking at the man and everyone else to see what they planned to do based on my answer. I turned to Chanyeol who looked at me with worried eyes. Even he didnt know what I would say. I looked the man in the eyes as I finally spoke.

"I am an angel, but weather I am the angel of darkness is not something I would know. And I dont know if my death would truely bring the world back to light. I am sorry!" I shared. The man took my statement and sat back down. He accepted it. It surprised me and the others. Byung Hun cleared his throat and continued on. He had a well drawn out map of the city of it past glory, drawing X's on the spots of known locations the camp had once been where he had been before. The last X was where the camp was before he scent Chanyeol and I to our deaths.

"So these are the locations we know he would not be moving to since they had been there before. And it wouldnt be wise moving to a location you been before without attracting attention. So the locations left for him to move is here and here." He circled two locations on the map. One was located a bit furter away from the ruins, heading up a mountain. It would be a great place to set up if you were to have men look out from that area but with a camp it was not ideal. They would need water. The other location was near lake but it brought the group too close to the city. I began to try to think on how rational it was for either. Either way you look at it, neither was a good solution.

"The mountain place would be ideal spot for military." Sung Min stated.

"Yes but the camp would need water! So leaving them with the choice of the lake." I spoke.

"Which makes them too close to the city!" Byung Hun uttered. As we all saw the same picture, Chanyeol finally spoke up.

"What if its both?"

"What?" Sung Min asked.

"Well the camp needs water but they need a place far from the city but in a place which gives them a good advantage point to see if something is coming from the city." Chanyeol shared. He quickly made his way to the map, taking the marker from Byung Hun and circling in between both locations. It was at the base of the mountain yet a good small distance to the lake that was still away from the ruins of the city. It was perfect! Byung Hun patted Chanyeol on the back as he began making plans. More people drew in closer, everyone gathering together to make plans to save the camp and bring Rae Won and his men down. I stood back out of the way and watch the scene infront of me continue. A young woman walked up to me, tapping my shoulder. I turned to look at her to see her smiling.

"Your the angel correct?" She asked me.

"And you are?" She smiled at me, holding her hand out to me.

"Ku Hye-Sun!" She greeted me. I held at my hand to her and she took it, shaking it.

"Jaejoong!"

"Nice to meet you!" She smiled. She let my hand go and turned to see the men talking and planning.

"It seems things are finally going to change." She uttered. I nodded.

"It seems that way." She turned back to me after I spoke.

"So I heard your wings are still injured." She stated. I turned to her, raising an eyebrow at her finding she was scent to tend to me.

"Who told you that?" I asked.

"My boyfriend, Sung Min." She pointed to Sung Min as she smiled happily. I could see that he did not take notice to us as she continued to speak with me.

"He thinks that if I can help you mend your wings before its time to take on Rae Won and his men, you could use your abilities more. Of course I was just excited cause I had never worked on such large wings before let alone and angel." She uttered.

"Worked on large wings! Are you a doctor?" I asked.

"I am, but before all of this I was just a vetrinarian. So I guess I am better suited to help you then most doctors." She uttered. I chuckled as I took that as a funny statement. She motioned for me to follow which I did not refuse. If she could help mend my wings to better shape then they were now then I could be a bigger help when the time came. I followed her to a tent where she had many things the doctor in the camp where Dara was did not have. Of course this camp had many more doctors, had more people, more weapons and had more of an advantage.

"Now do you need to take your shirt off or does it matter when you spread your wings?" She asked. I laughed as I took my shirt off.

"Well I rather not tear another shirt if you must ask." I shared. I took my shirt off and set it next to me. She stood waiting for me to spread my wings. With a flex of the muscles in my back my wings sprouted out, expanding out to the length of the tent. She nodded.

"Note to self, we need a bigger tent." She uttered which I smiled. She quickly went to work, checking my wings, asking me to bend or move them when she needed me too. She wrapped one of my wings up and applied oitment to both of them where I had wounds that still needed healing. She worked really hard on them to make sure I was going to heal.

"There! That will have to do. I think tomorrow afternoon I will look at them again to see how they fair." She exclaimed. I picked up my shirt and was about to bring my wings back in till she stopped me.

"No!" I stopped.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well I think your wings will heal better if they are out in the open." She shared.

"Then I am to leave them out?" I asked. She nodded. I sighed, knowing that the sight of my wings will only draw in more unwanted attention.

"I know it seems a bit much but I think it would be best to leave them out for now." She stated. I nodded taking the doc's orders. Sung Min came into the tent followed by Chanyeol. Sung Min gasped at the sight of my wings and Chanyeol smiled knowing he wasnt the only one who reacted like that.

"How are your wings?" Sung Min asked.

"Their still healing but Im sure if he leaves them out while the wrap is on, he will be healed much faster rather then keeping them bottled up." Hye-Sun shared.

"What she said!" I stated. Sung Min smiled as he looked at me.

"May I?" He asked as he was pointing to my wing. I nodded. He then ran his hand over my wing, feeling the feathers with his own hand.

"Its still so unbelievable. I mean.... Wow!" He stated.

"Alright enough! His wings need to heal. Chanyeol why dont you Jaejoong back to ya'lls tent so he can rest. Im sure that what he really needs at this moment." Hye-Son stated. She pulled her boyfriend away as she let Chanyeol and I leave. I nodded to her which she nodded back.

 

After a long day I finally felt like I could sleep. My wings out in the open as I lay on the mat I had to sleep on. I drifted into a deep sleep as I returned to a memory from before.

I opened the doors to find not only Saint Raphael but Saint Valentine, Saint Nicholas and Rose standing in the room together. They stood around a pool that looked down to earth. It was the room where the Arch Angels would discuss the worldly problems, where they would watch if the underworld was causing problems for the world of the living. As I walked in they all turned to face me.

"What is going on here?" I asked confused as to why we had to meet here and why two of the other saints were here and Rose. Saint Raphael approached me, taking my arm and guiding me to the center of the room.

"Jaejoong we are worried for you." He uttered.

"Worried? Why?" I asked.

"You seemed to not understand why life on earth is so important." Saint Valentine shared.

"Because I am not an angel that was once human, but an angel from the very begining." I stated.

"Are you? Or is that what you think cause you have no memory of living on earth?" Saint Nicholas questioned. I was stunned to silence. No one had ever told me if I was born angel or a human that became an angel after death.

"I...I-I..." I had no words, nothing to say back with. I for the first time was at a loss for words.

"My dear boy! You have been neglecting the world below cause you never got to live it like you should have." Saint Raphael uttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your life ended before it even started." Saint Nicholas shared.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Rose asked from behind them. Saint Raphael rose his hand to Rose to stop him from speaking.

"But that does not matter, what matters is that your feeling toward life on earth are negitive. You have no respect at to what life really means." Saint Valentine spoke.

"So what if I dont care for those on earth. They will soon come to heaven just like everyone else. I dont see what's so special about the life they lived there if they can continue it here." I shared my thoughts. The three of them shook their heads. Saint Raphael looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"And that my boy is why your here!" He uttered.

"From this day forward, you will be returned to the world below..." Saint Valentine spoke.

"Where you will live a new life, and learn what you have neglected for so long..." Saint Nicholas stated.

"As a mortal...." Saint Raphael lastly spoke.

"What?" I uttered.

"WHAT?" Rose shouted.

"You can't! Our lord, he would never..." Rose started.

"But he has!" Saint Raphael shared. I started to walk toward Raphael only to find my feet could not move. I looked down to see that the pool was slowly engulfing me.

"What? NO! Wait! PLEASE!" I cried out.

"Return to the world of the living..." Nicholaos chanted.

"Begin your life anew....." Valentine chimed in.

"And learn what it was you had been missing..." Raphael added in.

"For your angelic duty is now paused...." Nicholaos.

"And your mortal life now starts...." Valentine.

"And your wings...." Raphael began.

"Please no! Dont do this to me!" I cried out as I could feel the world below pulling me down.

"I am sorry my boy but it is for the best." Raphael uttered. He then turned to the other two Saints who nodded for him to finish.

"And your Wings...."

"NNNOOOOOO!" Rose Shouted as he lunged out, tackling Saint Raphael. He then turned to the pool. I reache my arm out to him in hopes he would pull me back in only to see both Saint Nicholaos and Saint Valentine pulling him back.

"Stop it Rose!" Nicholaos demanded."

"NO! Why? Why Jaejoong?" I could hear Rose shout.

"ROSE!" I cried out.

"WHY JAEJOONG?" Rose screamed as the pool began to close above me and the world below me was now begining to feel closer.

I could see Rose struggling with the Saint's, fighting them off him as he tried to jump into the pool. As my body fell to the earth the world began to go dark. As my body drew near the earth, the light in which I lived in everyday of my angelic life disipated. The darker it got the closer I was to earth. My body made impact and the world was surrounded in darkness.

 

I shot up, wide awake as sweat beaded down my brow. I remembered now. I remembered why I was here, but something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong. I was sure this was not suppose to happen. My wings were still here, the world was covered in darkness. Something went wrong! I was to be sent here to live out a life as a mortal man, living amoung the humans as a human but here I was, and angel living in the dangers of this world of darkness because something went wrong. So was I truely the Angel of Darkness or did Rose's inturuption of the ritural drive the world into a spiral of chaos? What ever the reason for this world being in darkness, I would have to fix it somehow. But how?