Traveling thru the ruins

Angel Of Darkness

Hello my lovely readers! I have had a long weekend and I am extremely tired. But now its over and I have all this free time. Of course I have finished writing this story so no worries. But the question is, how many chapters shall I give you guys today? Just one? Leaving you with more chapters to read later? Two Chaps? Maybe All of them at once? NO that seems a bit much! I guess you will have to read to find out! Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

After many days of Chanyeol healing and me gathering a few supplies in the surrounding area, we decided it was time to leave the graveyard. With the results of the supply raid going south with the intent to have us killed made me realize we could not return to the camp without a plan. Of course sneaking it was not going to be possible after my first attempt but after talking with Hwang Mae Hee, seeking refuge with another camp in hope the will not just take us in but help us save everyone from Rae Won and his men. Thinking about the things they would tell Dara about Chanyeol and I as a result of our supposive death made me very upset. Rae Won would make sure that Dara and her mother would hear that we died and have a quickl memorial before moving the group away so we couldnt find them if they knew we were still alive. I was sure Rae Won knew we still lived so he would make sure we couldnt find them. Every thought about Dara crying made my heart ache and the thought that Rae Won smiling as Dara believed I was truely gone made me sick. I would return before that thought sunk into her mind to accept it. Chanyeol kept reminding me that Dara would deny the idea for a long time so I shouldnt worry but I was worried. Dara would indeed be in denial but Rae Won would constantly remind her, beating the thought into her enough to make her accept it.

We began our journy through the ruins two weeks ago. We would search certain areas for supplies and hid out and rest in small shops as we waited for creatures to walk by and leave the area. Exploring the ruins as we got deeper into the city, finding traces of nothing yet an unlimited amount of supplies. It seemed all the creatures kept to the exteriors of the city where the living was always searching for supplies that were slim. Chanyeol and I walked in what he said was a grocery store. It was filled with so much food, medical supplies and so much more. We explored through the store till I came across a isle of clothing. I began to explore this isle till something stood out to me.

"Chanyeol!" I called out. He quickly looked at me as I motioned for him to come to me. He made his way to me, checking every isle as he passed till he spotted what I had found.

"I believe you need a new pair of shoes!" I stated. He quickly made his way to the shoes and began searching. He was happy to finally have something new, something that would feel better under his feet and could last much longer. He began to try on shoes till he was satisfied with a pair. I looked around finding knifes. They were apparently for fishing or hunting but in this case, a knife was a knife in this world and it could be used in the future. I stuck the knife in my pocket and continued to search. I packed more food which we would need as well as medical supplies. I knew I would need to check Chanyeol's wound to see how it has healed but it would be best to wait after we left the area. Once I filled the packs we had with what we could used, Chanyeol had returned with a smile on his face and a new pair of shoes on his feet.

"Ready?" I asked.

"As ready as I can be." He expressed as he wiggled his toes in his shoes. I smiled, finding his attitued had changed a bit for the better. We quietly left the grocery store, finding the streets empty which was still something we were not use to. We were getting the city when we came upon a nest. We quickly hid and watched from a distances. The creatures were the four legged kind, with a long jaw and a long tail. As I looked at it Chanyeol spoke.

"Why does that creature look like a Werewolf from those horror movies?" He asked. I looked at him seeing the look on his face.

"These creatures are the things from nightmares, creatures of hell. They apparently all had escaped hell and began tourmenting the living." I shared.

"Since you fallen from heaven?" He asked. I looked at the creatures and back to Chanyeol.

"I did not choose to fall from heaven. I was...." I paused as I thought about what happened. It had been so long that I still didnt understand why I was left to fall from grace.

"Hmm..... I still dont know why I am here exactly but what I do know is that there was a plan, weather or not this was the plan I know there is a reason. I just dont know what it is yet." I shared with him. He nodded. Understanding that even angels never understand why either. We waited till we felt it was safe to leave. We decided to go around a few blocks to avoid the nest and continue on our way.

 

Several more days had passed and we were still in the city. We had moved around the city, avoiding the creatures till we came across a group in the city. They were setting up traps. We took refuge in a building close to us which over looked what the people were doing. We stayed hidded, watching as these people set up many huge traps. They seemed to have taken the idea I had when I first learned to make traps with Chanyeol. They had found a way to make much stronger traps and much larger. We watched them carefully set up the traps that hid well in the ruins of the city, leaving bait on the trap so it would gain attention. After they finished setting up the traps they quickly hid away in the surrounding buildings.

"Should we leave?" Chanyeol asked. I shook my head.

"I think we should see what happens." I stated. We decided to wait. Waiting to see what would happen. It took nearly two days before one creature took the bait. Chanyeol and I watched from the window carefully as we watched the scene begin to unfold. The creature came to the bait and began to feed from it. Just as it picked it up with its teeth, the trap was set off and the creature was captured. Once the trap had taken ahold of the creature the people began to leave their hiding places and attacked the creature, killing it while it was down. These people were taking matters in their own hands. They were not hiding and running away, they were fighting back. Seeing this made both Chanyeol and I realize this group could possibly help us.

"I think its time we go introduce ourselves." I exclaimed to Chanyeol.

"Do you think thats a good idea?" He asked. I nodded.

"I believe this group will be more then helpful." I stated.

"Then I suggest you two boys slowly stand up with your hand in the air and turn around so you two can introduce yourselves properly." A voice called out to us. We looked at one another realizing we were also being watched. I had not noticed they were here but I guess they were in the building before we were. We both stood up and turned around with are hand above our heads so they knew we were not going to attack them. Behind us were three men. One who just stood their watching us while the other two had guns pointing at us. I looked around seeing atleast three more people in the room, their guns also pointed at us. I realized that maybe they were the ones running this hunt for the creatures when we came in, so they waited to see what we would do. Now we stood infront of them, our hands in the air and wondering what would happen now.

"My name is Kim Sung Min. And yours are...?" He looked at us, waiting for our answer.

"My name is Jaejoong and this here is Chanyeol." I answered. He looked at me not satisfied.

"Jaejoong, I told you my name starting with my surname. The least you can do is share yours." He stated. I looked at him, unable to answer. As far as I knew I had no surname. Chanyeol spoke up.

"I am Park Chanyeol." He answered. The man nodded to Chanyeol and then returned to me. I remained silent for I had no answer.

"Do you not have a surname or are you just refusing to share your surname?" He asked. I took a deep breathe, trying to figure out how I would reply. I could choose to share that I was the angel that had fallen to earth or I could pretend I lost my memory and have no clue as to who I was before everything. I looked the man in the eyes, finding that no matter what I saw, he would be able to read me like a book.

"I have no surname cause I was not born." I stated.

"Jaejoong!" Chanyeol tried to stop me but I waved him to not try and stop me. The man was now curious. I turned back to the man named Sung Min and gave him my answer.

"I am a fallen angel. Fallen from grace as the world had gone dark." I shared. Everyone looked at one another trying to sink all that information in. Mr. Kim accepted my answer and nodded.

"Well Jaejoong or should I call you the Angel of Darkness?" He asked.

"Just Jaejoong." I stated. He nodded.

"Well Jaejoong, we have been waiting a long time to finally meet you. Although we didnt expect it to be like this. He signaled his men toward us and they came to us. I didnt fight nor did Chanyeol as they quickly binded our hands and placed a cloth bag over our heads, blinding us so we could not see.

"You two boys will be returning with us. I am sure we have much to discuss." He stated before he left out the door. I felt the person behind me pull me to turn and walk out of the building. I knew Chanyeol was following behind with the person guiding him out. We walked with these people, hearing the hunters whisper as we were guided past them. We were lead out of the city and into the country where their camp was. Once we arrived, we were lead to a tent. There we were sat in chairs and and our hand unbinded and the bags pulled from our heads. It took a moment for our vision to clear but once it did I saw Kim Sung Min standing next to another man who turned to look at us.

"So your Park Chanyeol and this.... This is Jaejoong, the fallen angel otherwise popularly known as the Angel of Darkness. Correct?" He asked. I nodded and so did Chanyeol. The man turned to Sung Min.

"How did you find them?" He asked.

"They came into the building we happened to be planning out the next placement for traps and supply searches." He explained. The man smiled.

"What a coincedince!" The man smiled. He looked at us both and studied our facial expressions.

"So I am guessing you guys were with a group or camp near the city?" He asked. We both nodded. He crossed his arms wanting to hear more.

"May I ask if your leader is Kim Rae Won?" We both turned to each other, feeling he knew more then we did.

"Well my group actually had elders who would discuss and plan things out. But after a supply run went arry, his men found us and saved us as well as taken over our camp. Ever since then he has completely over run our camp, letting his men do as they wish and drafting us for dangerous supply runs." Chanyeol explained.

"The last supply run was a cover up the fact that we and a few others were being sent to our deaths. Luckily we were able to escape." I shared. The man smiled.

"Luckily! Which I guess he also didnt know who you really are, did he?" He asked toward me directly. I nodded. He walked away for a moment, gathering a few books as he returned to us, filping the pages as he walked. He showed us the book sharing its content.

"From my sources, Rae Won believes that if he could find the Angel of Darkness, you, he could end the world of its endless darkness by killing you." He shared. I looked at the book he had which was one of many volumes about angels. Chanyeol looked at the man in front of us.

"But he did try to have him killed." He explained.

"Yes but if he had known who he was, he would have made it a public killing. Rae Won thinks that if he kills your friend Jaejoong infront of everyone, and the world is brought back to light, he would be held highly for killing the Angel of Darkness and bringing back the sun. And most likely in doing so, he would become famous or more possibly ruler of what remains of the survivors." We both looked at the man trying to figure out how he knew this.

"How do you know all this?" Chanyeol asked. The man smiled.

"You think you guys are the only survivors of a attempted murder by Rae Won." He shared. He motioned for Sung Min to open the tent to show many people who were told to be dead. I turned to see Chanyeol surprised to see many faces he knew and many he didnt. Sung Min bid the men and women farewell and closed the tent.

"Because of their survival, we were able to learn what this Rae Won had been up too. Your camp isnt the only one he as taken over. There have been two others. Once the numbers start to dwendle, he positions his men to set up near places where survivors will go to. He leaves any that are injured and takes who has survived. Then he goes to return them to their camps and discuss combinding the two groups. Once that happens he takes over and begins to kill off any that oppose him." He explained to us. Chanyeol and I looked at one another and realized why we were chosen to die.

"Dara!" Both of us uttered.

"Im sorry?" The man asked.

"My sister!" Chanyeol answered.

"She was with me in the ruins till I was able to reunite her with her camp. Once Rae Won took notice of her, he has been keeping tabs on her." I stated. The man nodded.

"Well I am guessing he has choosen who will be his bride for the future. And I am gussing Jaejoong you were in his way?" He asked. I looked at the man now realizing that we didnt know his name at all.

"You seemed to know alot but we dont even know your name." The man smiled at us.

"My name is Lee Byung Hun!"