City of Ruins

Angel Of Darkness

2am Wednesday Morning and we have 37 subscribers to this story! That is more then my last story had and its already complete. I am truely thankful to you all for your intrest in my story. To know that my story is pleasing to you all really makes me feel like I am doing something right here with this story. So to truely thank you all, I am giving you two chapters. Honestly you guys deserve it! You guys help push me to keep going and to keep writing. I have gotten alot written and I want to post more then one chapter a week but I have plans going on that if the story catches up with me, then the story would be on hiatus. So one chapter a will give me time to continue to write and enjoy the plans I have coming up. We have a long way to go before this story ever reaches its end so lets enjoy our time together and continue our love for this story. Please leave me comments, they do help push me forward toward chapters ahead and makes me want to give you the best story possible. Thank you all and please enjoy these TWO chapters!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I had been in my quarters long after Dara had fallen asleep. I could still taste the weird concotion from a can. It was sweet but burned as it went down my throat. It also had this bubbly sensation. It was weird and strange. I could still taste it on my lips. I looked out the huge opening in the wall which overlooked the city. It was nothing but a ghostly ruin of a city, crawling with the evils of the night. Sometimes screams could be heard of their prey being tourtured, cut open and even eaten alive. It brought chilvers to my skin just thinking about it. These being were from the depths of hell, that was sure but there were other things that lived out there. Ghosts! Yes, one of the only things that seemd to make my passing living here was the meeting of them. They were souls that lingured after their death, some stayed, attached to something that made them stay longer then any spirit should. From the window I could see the cemetary in which I frequently visited from time to time but with the unexpected guest living in the foyer of the old building could not be trusted to be alone. So at the darkest of the night while she slept, I would sneak out, gathering wood for the fire, food and anything else that seemed of intrest. It was safer that way, atleast for her. Why I bother was beyong me but I felt deep down that I couldnt allow harm become of her. Why did she have this effect on me? I ran my hand through my hair. It was getting long. Every dark strand shadowing over my face. I could remember a time when my hair was bright, golden like the light of the sun. I looked up into the dark sky, knowing there was zero chance of returning to that life. The life in the sky, past the clouds and the world that lay before my feet. Another cry out from the dark ruins of the city. Another soul who was taken, this time it was much closer. I could hear Dara awake, startled by the sound. I looked around the corner from the stairwell to see she was rocking herself. Yes the first time he heard those sounds, it happened all the time. Every ounce of my body use to shake, tremble from the blood screeching screams. It took about three months before I finally got use to it, when I could finally fall asleep. And as soon as I learned that I could scare off the creatures myself, I gained a foot hold on my own dwelling. Claiming it and guarding my newly obtained home to live out my life which would be longer then any human. Dara cried, rocking her body as she covered her ears. I leaned against the wall and heard her whispers, trying to calm herself.

"Its nothing! Nothing but a bad dream. A bad movie, bad neighbors." She whispered. Another scream from outside and another round of cries and whispers to herself.

"Its just someone watching a horror movie, with a loud speaker. Its nothing. Nothing at all!" The screams would go away soon enough but Dara's thoughts would haunt her. The screams would forever be with her. They were her own memories, haunting her again. She had expereienced this many times before, till her friends and her all began living, far away from the city. Enjoying what little peace and quiet they had, but now, now they were all returning, with new screams, with new cries of pain and fear. Knowing death was very real. I returned to the gaping whole in the wall, looking out into the city. I could see a few living people, running far away from the sound, knowing if they got to close, they two would be making those sounds. They luckly got away. Something that didnt happen often. Dara's group wasnt so lucky but Dara was lucky to be alive, thanks to me. The world seemed to be more active then usual. Dara's camp wasnt the only ones that were living close to the city, looking for supplies. There were more of them, and the creatures of the night, from hell know that their feeding supply was growing and it wouldnt take long before they find these camps sooner or later.