Checkmate

Angel Of Darkness

I was in my tent as the last group arrived. I knew it was the stragglers who happened to survive. Alot of them had suffered injuries but I couldnt have them all killed without someone thinking the supply runs as odd. There had to be a few with injuries but I had my men make sure that nothing to extreme if they can help it. I didnt bother looking out to see the greeving faces of the families who discover their loved ones had not returned. A man entered my tent and I turned around to see who it was. Goon Heo had returned unharmed as he stood there.

"So? How did it go?" I asked as I turned to fully face him.

"Sir, I did as you asked. I herd the group to the nest and made sure that my crew took out any runners." He stated. I smiled happily! Finally, it was done.

"That is good. So Jaejoong and Chanyeol are dead. And here I was starting to like Chanyeol. He was a bit of a push over, made it almost easy." I stated as I turned back to my table. Then I realized the deed wasnt complete.

"Ah, captain!" I called my captain over. He stood at attention as he waited for his orders.

"Go and dilever the devestating news to Dara and her mother. Give them a story about how they died fighting. No wait. Have Chanyeol die fighting and Jaejoong die of his injuries." I stated. He stared at me confused. I looked at him wondering why he still stood there.

"What are you waiting for? Go!" He quickly left to deliver the news and I waited by the door of my tent to watch from a distance. Their mother hit the ground instantly as she heard the news but Sandara seemed to be in shock. It seemed she was in denial. I smiled, seeing reality hit her made my deed a success. She would mourn for the man she called friend and soon she would be looking for someone to comfort her and my tent would be open to her and she would never leave. My plan was falling into place. I turned away and returned to my table as I looked at the maps, trying to figure out where the Angel of Darkness would behiding. Goon Heo was still standing in my tent, he looked at me wondering what to say. I stopped what I was doing and gave him my full attention.

"Was there anything else?" I asked. He nodded.

"Then spit it out." I replied. He nodded.

"As I said my crew took out any runners and I personally shot Chanyeol." He share. I looked at him, confused as to why he was continuing this.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked. He seemed to be struggling with what he wanted to say next.

"You see, I was aiming for Jaejoong but Chanyeol got in the way." He stated.

"So someone else took out Jaejoong?" I asked. He shook his head. I rounded the table and made my way to the man infront of me. Surely Goon Heo didnt return without completeing the deed.

"Goon Heo, surely your not telling me this cause you left this mission incomplete?" I asked. He swollowed hard. That was an answer enough. I my heels, anger swelling up in me as I grabed one of my blades.

"You idiot! You only had to lead them to the nest and shoot anyone that would try to escape. How hard could it be to do that much?" I asked.

"Sir, I shot Chanyeol but as soon as I went to aim again they were gone. It is possible one of the wingged creatures coudl have picked them off before I could or..." He stopped as he began to rethink what he was going to say.

"What?" I asked.

"It's possibble that the Angel of Darkness could have taken them, for what ever reason that maybe I rather not go investigating that." He shared. I didnt blame him but if it was indeed the angel of darkness then it means this angel was indeed was living amoung the creatures. Thats why it was so hard to find it. A smile grew on my face as I found it to be a good deal in the end. Kill a bird with three stones. Having two problems taken out at once just to discover the main problem that could very well help end the darkness of the world. This meant we finally found a location in which the Angel had been hiding. This was good. I turned back to my table and pulled Goon Heo with me. I asked him to mark on the map where he lead them and which direction the angel may have drove down and which direction it could have gone.I would catch the angel, kill it and bring light back to the world. Just then another soldeir came in. He saluted me and I waved him to desease his salute.

"Sir, you asked me to watch Sandara sir." He stated. I nodded.

"Yes what is it?" I asked.

"Well sir she is visiting with the doc as we speak." He replied. I looked at the man in wonder. What would Sandara need to visit the doc for. I quickly made my way out of my tent to head to the doc's tent. He was currently speaking with Sandara so I waited in his private tent that was for him when he wasnt seeing patients. As soon as Sandara left, the doc returned to his tent only to find me waiting for him.

"Doc! It has been a while!" I greeted him. He shook his head at me.

"You know what I speak with my patients is not to be shared." He pointed out to me. I smiled at him as I played with the picture of his grand daughter.

"Doc, how is your grandaughter. I hear she is becoming a beauty and for such a young age. It's a shame she isnt any older or otherwise she might enjoy herself a bit more." I threatened the doc again with the idea that she entertain someone in her tent. The doc shook his head at me.

"Please no! She is only a child." He begged. I set the picture down and approached him.

"Doc, why would you suggest such a thing. All I want to know is what you and Sandara talked about. That is all." I sat him down at his desk as I graced my fingers on his granddaughters pic again, rubbing it gently as I was making my point. He trembled as he finally spoke.

"Dara had been feeling ill as of late. She asked me to give her a check up. After discussing her symptoms and doing a full check up I discovered what is wrong." He shared hoping it would be enough to please me. I continued to rub the picture more, fondaling more innappropriate places to share how serious I was.

"So how is Sandara?" I asked. He sighed as he struggled with the thought of what to do. He finally spoke.

"She is with child!" I stopped what I was doing. Sandara was with child. She was carring a baby and I knew exactly whose. It seemed Jaejoong was smarter then he looked. No matter. It would a short nine months and once the baby was born an accident could happen. Again another thing that could lead Sandara to me with open arms. No matter how broken her heart would be she would giver herself to me in time.

"Thank you doc! I will come back again another time." I left the doctor alone as I left with the thought about what to do with the child. Jaejoong had played his cards well. Now his queen was standing on the board infront of my king and the words 'Checkmate' came to mind. I smiled.

"Well played Jaejoong but the game is not over! In nine months your queen will be delt with and once that child is delt with then I will return the favor and take Sandara for myself and she will carry my child and will be mine from now till long after I bring back light to this world.

 

*****************************************************************************************************************

My body was in pain and my head spinning as I slowly opened my eyes to see Jaejoong standing a few feet away looking out into the distance. He was watching for something. I tried to move but only caused pain to shoot up my arm. I began to moan in pain as I remembered the events that happened. I was shot, our group lead to a nest and Jaejoong... I turned to look at Jaejoong realizing that my sister spoke the truth. He was indeed a angel. Jaejoong turned to look at me, seeing I was finally awake now.

"You should rest! Your wound will open if you move too much." Jaejoong shared. I watched as he checked on the gun shot wound I had. I had been bleeding alot that I could tell I was paler then normal. He cleaned my wound and appliend new clean bandages and quickly wrapped me back up. He had been watching over me since it had happened. I looked around to see that we were in a graveyard and I was leaning against a old tomb.

"Are we in a graveyard?" I asked. Jaejoong smiled, finding my question funny for some reason. He stood back up and looked around.

"We seemed to have found ourselves in quite a perdicament havent we!?" That was for sure what was going on. One day we are with my family, the next we our running to survive and now we are resting in a graveyard, seeking refuge from all the crap that has been going on. I looked at Jaejoong as he seemed to be looking at something and giving glares to nothing and would occassionally utter something under his breath. It seemed that Angels see something more then us mere humans could ever see.

"Jaejoong!" I called to him. His attention returned to me and I smiled at him.

"What are you seeing that I can't?" I asked. He nodded to himself, finding that I was not clueless.

"Ghosts!" He answered. I chuckled for a moment thinking he was joking but he was serious.

"Nice, so you speak with the dead too!" I stated.

"Only those who linger around longer then they should or those who cant reach heaven." He explained. He shared the many things about him that he could do or see that I could not. I had understood that he was an angel but he still seemed human to me. Maybe the idea of an angel had be exagerated over the many decades. I learned that angels did not age in heaven unless they wanted to. They could change how they look if they wanted as well but many only picked an image of themselves when they lived on earth. Jaejoong shared with me that angels were either born as an angel or were then created as an angel after death. He had shared many things about angels I had never knew before but he also made sure to keep alot of details to himself so not to reveal to much which I assumed was cause he was not allowed to share that kind of info. I looked around seeing that the place was very quiet, untouched even after all this madness. It was both peaceful yet disdurbing to say the least. I looked at Jaejoong again with one last question.

"So are we going to return to the camp?" His smile faded and sighed as he spoke his answer that I knew was comming.

"Not yet! There is something we need to do first!" He stood up and walked away and stood where I first noticed him standing when I woke up. He had a plan, that I could tell but I had no clue what he was planning but maybe, just maybe it would fix the problem at the camp if not everything.