Gifts

Angel Of Darkness

You guys are truly amazing, and to celebrate how awesome you guys are I am giving not one, not two and now not three but FOUR chapters today. Call it a gift! Which makes this chapter's title true to its name. I do hope you enjoy your gift!

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I awoke to yet another breakfast. I smiled, knowing Jaejoong had cooked once again. I opened my eyes to see he had finished making my plate. This time something different was with it. He carried a plate and a glass to me.

"Orange Juice! But where...."

"There happenes to be a orange tree just down the clif. It just began to produce the oranges. We wont get to have them for long so might as well enjoy them while you can." He shared with me. I smiled happily as I took a sip. Sure it was warm but it wasnt like we could have ice. But having the fresh juice of this friut gave excitement to my tastebuds. He smiled at me and returned to the fire where his food waited. I began eating my breakfast and drinking the orange juice. It almost felt like a real breakfast. After I had finished eating I stood up, stretching and looked around for a moment.

"So what shall I do today?" I uttered. Jaejoong came to me with a candle and a book. I looked at him confused.

Whats this for?" I asked.

"For you to see while you read in my chambers. I have plans to clean a bit down here." He shared.

"Well why dont I help you instead?" I asked. But he shook his head at me.

"No you just go up and read untill I ask for your help." He stated. He apparently had a plan, maybe a surprise but I would not push him. I took the book and the candle and headed up to his chambers to read until other wise. Once I got into his chambers I found a few more books sitting on his bed and candles around the room lit. I shut the door behind me and began looking through the books. There were of many subjects, of religion, of space, of many things. I began to read one. It was about folk lore. I came across alot about heavenly beings falling from the heavens and coming to earth but not much of them returning to heaven. I read a few about ceslestial beings who had came down from the heavens. But most of them were gods, goddess who  came down and would sometimes bathe in the hot springs. It said that they had a ceslestial cloths that helped them returned and if someone stole that cloth from a goddess that she wouldnt be able to return back to heaven. Most of the time the theives who stole the cloths convince the goddess to stay with them and become their wives. These were Japanese folklore but there were those from Greece where the greek gods would come to toy with the humans, like Zeus who would sometimes pose as a mortal and impregnate women which brought the birth of a demigod. Each of these were of gods but not of angels. I continued to read more different facts about gods and heavenly beings falling to earth but nothing much about them returning. After looking at these facts I realized that maybe Jaejoong was trying to return to heaven. The thought made me sad. Was he trying to leave? I shook the thought away and began looking at one of the other books. I began reading a fairy tale, one about the frog prince. I continued to read till I heard a knock on the door. I put the book down and looked up to see Jaejoong opening the door with a smile on his face.

"Could you come down for a moment?" Jaejoong called from the door way, holding his hand out to me. I got out of the bed and headed toward him, giving my hand to him. He guided me just outside the door so I could see what he done. I gasped in surprise of what I saw. He had cleaned up an area and put up a bed for me, with a beautiful canopy that hung over it. There was even a small dresser which I was sure was filled witht he new clothes and a mirror and a desinated area to take more baths in the future. It was beautiful and the most anyone has given me in such a long time. I looked to Jaejoong who smiled at me, he had been waiting for my reaction.

"This is for me?" I asked. He nodded. I jumped up and gave him a hug. It made me so happy that I could barely contain myself. I ran down the stairs and began to look at all the things he had given me. It was so beautiful and I was happy. I jumped on the bed and began jumping on it. Jaejoong watched me continueously jumping on the bed. I reached out for him. He shook his head at me. I jumped down and stood next to him, looking into his eyes. Without thinking I leaned up and kissed his cheek. His expression changed as he looked at me unsure what had happened or how to react. I was shock at my own reaction as well but I didnt want him to know so I just smiled at him.

"Thank you Jaejoong. This means alot to me." He nodded slowly and then turned to look anywhere but me. I slightly giggled to myself as I could see he was flustered.

"I guess I should start dinner!" He stated.

"I guess so!" I shared. He nodded and turned to the fire. He began looking in the food pile, finding a few can goods that he could cook. I let him be by himself since he seemed to be a bit flustered still by my kiss. I smiled to myself, seeing my kiss effected him quite a bit. I would have to remember that for another time. The idea of making him flustered was to much not enjoy. Jaejoong was still cooking so I just looked at all the things he had brought to me. I didnt know how he did it but he had definantly amazed me. I was not expecting this at all. Dinner was done and he made me a plate. He brought me my plated and I thanked him. He nodded and went to make his own plate. I started to realize how much my life had changed but it still wasnt the same. I missed my family, I missed the people I lived around on a daily bases. I missed how life use to be! A few tears began to fall from my eyes and I didnt realize it untill Jaejoong was next to me and wipping my tears with his thumb. I looked up to him to see he was very concern now.

"Why the tears?" He asked. I snifled a bit before I finally replied.

"I was just thinking... about this. All of this! How quickly it all changed..." I shared still finding tears were escaping.

"If you do not like it then I can...." He began but I stopped him.

"No. No. Its fine. I really love it. Honestly I love it. Its just I started thinking about how my life has changed so much since..." I stopped. He took the plate from me and pulled me closer to him, knowing I just need to cry. I laid my head on his chest and let out my tears. He soothed my by rubbing my back.

"I missed how my life was before everything got dark. Before my father died and before I lost everyone by going on the search for supplies." I uttered through my tears.

"I am sorry!" He uttered. I looked up at him and realized what I just said. He must thought this was all his fault.

"Oh Jaejoong... I didnt..."

"Its ok. I understand! You want what you had before and that is reasonable." He shared with me. I looked at his face, seeing his expression was also sad.

"You wish the same. Dont you? You wish you were still in heaven?" I asked. He looked at me and shook his head.

"I realized that even though I miss home and wish to be there even now. I would have never met you and that is something I dont think I could ever replace the chance of ever meeting you for the chance to stay home." He shared with me. More tears escaped me. How stupid was I? If things didnt turn out like they did, I wouldnt have met Jaejoong. I laid my head back on his chest as he held me close again. I didnt want him to let me go. I just wanted to have him hold me and make me forget what was out side the stone walls and that the world was indeed in danger.