Finding the essence of death still linguring

Angel Of Darkness

A few days passed and it seemed we had finally cleaned up the place where we could move around easier. I had moved the hide-a-bed couch against a wall that Dara had asked me to move it which gave more room for the table and chairs we had next to the tiled area she called a kitchen. The rest of the place was empty but Dara made sure it could be used. She found a big bowl she used with some liquid that made bubbles to clean the clothes. She also hung the clothes up to dry while I burned the trash on the patio. We were now in the middle of the city which didnt make it the safest place for Dara, but with the fact we were already so high up, it was better then most other places. The pile was finally getting low which meant I would need to leave to find something to keep the fire going but it also meant leaving Dara alone. I turned to look at her, seeing she was content with our new living conditions as she was folding clothes and towels. I knew I would need to leave soon, rather if it was for wood or water or even food. I turned to look at the church, our last place we lived seeing that the storm was long gone, but I wasnt sure if the place was not occupied by something else. Remembering the sight of those winged creatures made me shiver. I shook off the feeling and returned inside to the tiled area. I began searching the little doors on the wall for anything that was eatible. There was nothing. Apparently food would be the first thing I would need to go search for food.

"We dont have any food!" Dara spoke. I sighed as I shut the doors infront of me to turn and look at her. We both wore a frown as we knew I would have to leave her alone for the first time in this area. Truely I didnt feel like it was completely safe but it was safer to leave her behind and gather what was needed and return.

"I guess we dont have much of a choice, do we?" I stated.

"I'll be fine Jaejoong. Just dont stay away for too long." She stated. I didnt plan to leave her for long. I would go to the closes place to gather food and then return. I didnt need to be gone for longer then thirty minutes.

"I will be back soon!" I promised, looking her in the eyes. She smiled, she knew I wouldnt stay away for long. I kissed her forehead and headed back to the patio. I turned to look back at her to see her smile at me. I would not leave her for long. I spread my wings out and took off. I knew where I would go and quickly grab what I could and head back. I glided down toward the street till I came to a small store which look like it had been raided before but if it had anything I would find it. I pushed the already broken glass door open to see the place was trashed. Many of the shelves were knocked down, the doors to the coolers were knocked out or broken as all the drinks were gone or broken. I came to the back of the store and found cups of ramen, cans of preserved food as well as some meat sticks Dara had told me was beef jerky. I grabbed everything I could and put it in a bag I had carried with me. I was happy with what I had obtained that I headed out. As I was leaving I noticed something on the ground in the middle of the street. I decided to investigate. I apprached it to find it was a bag full of supplies, food, ammo and even a gun. It also had a few medical supplies which I knew this would be something I could return with but I knew it belonged to someone. I looked around to see if I could find who ever it belonged to. I noticed that the school just down the road had been raided. The doors were open, some even broke open. I had a bad feeling so I slowly apprached it. I went through the open doorway and down the hall. There was blood every where. Some was streaks of what was a body dragged across the floor and some spatters on the wall. This place was a recent blood bath. I continued to walk down the hall looking into open doorways carefully to avoid any creatures since this was now considered a nest. I came to a huge room with many tables and chairs to see it had been completely trashed by an attack. I left the area to head down another hall. I continued down the hall till I heard hard, deep rasping breathing that sounded like someone was slowly drowning. I looked around till I came to someone on the ground looking at me through death filled eyes. This man was dying and he knew he would soon be gone but the look he gave me told me he didnt expect to see a living person again.

"You!" He uttered as blood spilled from his mouth. I came closer to him as I checked his body. His lower limps were torn from his body and even his arm had been chewed off. I was surprised he had survived so far but the loss of blood was far too great. I tried not to look at what was missing and focused solely on him.

"You are not s-safe *cough* *cough* ....here." He was having a hard time speaking with all the blood that he was most likely chocking on.

"I am able to fend for myself. But what happened here?" I asked. He took a deep breath and tried to speak as much as he could.

"We needed supplies, so we decided to raid the school. But those creatures had made this place their nest so we had no ch...*cough* *cough*." He wasnt going to last much longer.

"Did anyone survive?" I asked, seeing that he would not beable to answer me much longer. I had to see if anyone survived.

"A few had survived, another group came in and save those they could." He shared. I nodded.

"But.... they left any that was injured. I was only missing my legs and they left me." I looked at him confused.

"Why would they leave you?" I asked.

"*cough* Cause... cause I would leave a trail to their camp cause...*cough* *cough*.... cause I was bleeding. I would lead the creatures to their camp." He shared. It was inhumane to leave someone behind but this other group seemed to not care for the injured. The man's breathing was weakining.

"This group that left you, was it your group?" I asked. He gasped as his breath died with his last word.

"N-noo!" His breathing stopped, his body went cold and his life was gone. He had passed away. His eyes were still opened so I took it upon me to close his eyes. I looked next to him to find another supply of food. I decided to take it and take my leave. I had stayed for too long. I left the building and finding the street empty but I knew that this area was for sure unsafe with the nest of creatures in the school, I would have to make sure not to visit this area again. I spead my wings and flapped them to lift me from the ground. I would fly around in the air before I returned just to keep from having anything follow me and to lose my scent in the air before I would return to Dara.