Living in Darkness

Angel Of Darkness

The world is covered in darkness. The sun has not been seen since I was just a little girl. It had been long for told that an Angel would fall from grace, bringing a world of darkness in his wake. We are now living that world, shrouded in darkness the world is over run by the creatures of the night. Many un-natural creatures have now risen, taking the world in their own hands. Human kind is now in danger, fearing for their lives as they run for their lives. My family use to live in a beautiful town home but now both our home and town have been destroyed to nothing but ruins. Everything I have known growing up was gone. Their was no school, no church, no theme parks. All that was left was pure insticts and the fight for survival. I have been living this life for so long that its become natural. We joined a group of people when I was young, which soon came across another group, joining together to move around, staying away from bigger cities but staying close enough for supply runs. I was only 14 when I went out on a supply run with a group. It was a scary situation. That day we lost three people in our supply run. I was so scared but I was thankful to have survived. There would be times we find people who have been part of other groups, but they were all killed. We had a huge group that we traveled with which was pretty dangerous but we knew we could fight with numbers. My brother was still young and he would soon need to go on his first supply run but I was thankful he didnt have to go yet. Our group finally came near a big city which was the capital. It was rumored by the other survivors who later joined our group that this was the city in which the angel had fallen. He was mostly called the Angel of Darkness for it was he who brought about the world we live in today. Nothing more was ever said about him other then that which made me believe that no one who has seen him lived to tell. Our group sent out a few people out to scout the area. My father did alot of the scouting for our group which was just as dangerous as any job or group had. But the difference was those who went missing during a scouting mission, there was no one to return to tell what happened or to have your back. My father soon went out for a scout mission, and I remember he patted me on the head, giving me the smile he always did when he knew something was wrong. I watched him leave the group for a one day scout and he never returned. That was nearly three weeks ago. My mother cried so much. My father was the reason we had survived for so long. It wasnt long before we had to pick up and move, but we stayed close to the city since we needed supplies before I next big move, and I knew I would soon be heading out for that supply run.

Chanyeol was looking over the things we had, seeing alot of things that dad would carry that we didnt need. Pictures were something he carried. There was a family picture of us. The four of us together smiling before our life was turned upside down. He was so young then that I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt remember a thing of our old life. I could tell he missed our dad but with our life we couldnt keep looking back. I took the picture from him and wrapped it up, frame and all with a old shirt.

"Don't let mom see it. God only knows how hard this last move was without him has effected her. Lets try to keep from talking about him till we know she is ok." I suggested to him. Chanyeol nodded. Understanding that mom was still fragil.

"Do you think he will return?" He asked. It was not likely that he would. He didnt know where we had moved off too but he would have known that we wouldnt have moved away from the city. It wouldnt be too hard but it was not likely he survived. I sighed, looking toward the city thinking about it for a moment but still thinking about how hurt and emotional we were.

"I believe that if he is alive, he would do what he could to protect us. If he could return he would but I am sure he wouldnt want to put us or the rest of the group in danger. " I explained. He knew what I meant by that but he still didnt say anything. Tomorrow I would be leaving for the city for supplies with one of three groups. My group would be the second farthest into the city but it was still a dangerous position. So far into the city even after scouts had gone missing. Our group was desperate.

"Will you be are right tomorrow?" He asked. I personally was scared, not knowing what to expect but I smiled at my little brother and lied to his face.

"I will be alright. You'll see." He nodded, but I couldnt tell if he knew I was lieing but I was sure something bad was going to happen.

 

Morning came and I was wide awake. I was sure I didnt sleep at all. Every inch of my body said something was wrong. I knew that a lot of us would not return and I wasnt sure if I would be one who would return or not. I got up, gathering my bags, taking only a few supplies that I would need, weapons, water and maybe some food. Nothing with smell since alot of the creatures that hunted the humans were keen on smell. I left my tent and headed to the area in which my group waited. There were six members of the group I was in. There was our group leader, Choi Jeyong, a man who had served a few years in the army just before the world became what it is. He was just about to be released from the army before the world changed. He was well trained and taught us how to survive as well as other members. There was an american soldier named Kyle who was serving during the time it all happened. He was in the first group we came across. He didnt speak much of our languge but he had gotten better over the years. Nearly a fluent speaker now. Kang Seoyeon and Seomin were twins. These girls were just starting their first supply run so they didnt know what they were doing. They were the same age as my brother who would soon be starting his first run soon enough. The last two were a young couple, Lee Waejung and Shim Heena who were planning on marrying and starting their family. Of course I didnt think this time of age was safe to start a family. But of course the feeling in my gut suggested that not one of us would be returning. We never said much, just a few pointers before we finally left the group. With alot of the people going missing, alot of the survivors stood outside their tents to watch the supply groups leave. Alot of them felt the same as I did. They knew that many of will not return. We soon headed off, down into the unknown of the dark city to find what was waiting for us in the darkness.