Hauntingly Beautiful

Angel Of Darkness

Chanyeol was with his mother, bringing her breakfast from the small kitchen the camp shared. She was still sad after losing her only daughter, his sister Dara. He could hardly believe she was gone. The night was filled with many screams from the city. He presumed that their must have been survivors still out there. If there was any left, they were sure no longer living. His mother didnt touch her food, she hadnt since they left the spot their camp last settled before Dara last left them. He could tell that his mother was slowly killing herself. It broke his heart to see his mother like this. They only had each other and he didnt know what he would do if he lost her aswell.

"Mom. Please! You need to eat." He told her, pushing the tray of food closer to her. She didnt look at it, nor did she touch it. He sighed, giving into her stubornness. He took his food and sat across from her. Looking out the small tent opening to see the camp was gathering people for a supply run. It seemed they were going to stay close to the city for more supplies. He let a thought roll around his mind for a bit, pondering if he should go out like his sister soon enough. Maybe he could find away to leave a message for her if she was still out there. But how? He turned to his mother to see she didnt eat, still. He wouldnt dare leave her just yet. So instead he decided to stay, help his mother get better then maybe he would go out. That would give him more then enough time to come up with something only he and his sister would know. He dug into his food and enjoyed what food he had as he looked at his poor mother wallowing in her sorrow.

 

                                                               **************************************************************************

 

After a night of screams from the night and my tears that streamed down my face, I had finally gotten some sleep. I opened my eyes to see the fire was lit. I sat up, looking around to see that the angel of darkness was no where to be found. It seemed that at this rate, I would never learn his name. I stood up, stretched and watched my surroundings. Where could he have possibly gone off too? I began to wonder around. I had checked out the piles he had on the floor where I had been staying for days now. I was unsure how long I had been here for since Jeyong's watched had long died. It had been the only thing I had to tell the time of day and how many days had died. I had explored the entire first floor and I couldnt go outside. So there was no where to go but up the stairs. I thought weather it was a good idea to go up the stairs which looked unsafe. I had nothing else better to do so I began to make my way up the shaky stairs. I didnt see how he could walk up the stairs like it was nothing while I was fearing my balance would knock its already unsteady condition to fall to the floor below. After carefull footing and gentle steps I had reached the second floor. I looked around to see a small bed. It was well used, covered in pillows and one blanket. There were books stacked around the room which lead me to believe that the angel read when he had nothing better to do. I continued through the room to find many candles, some that have been burned, others untouched as well as some that have burned out completely. I soon found a huge hole in the wall that over looked the city. Even though the world was dark, what light that did come through dark clouds emited such a beautiful glow over the ruins of the city. Even though it was nothing but a ghostly deserted city, it was hauntinly beautiful. I leaned against the wall, finding myself in awe at the ruins infront of me. The city use to be so lively, beaming with lights from cars, buildings and even from the life that lived in it. But this oddly abandoned looked of the city gave it a whole new type beauty. I heard some sounds coming from the city and I began to push myself off the wall when it broke away, causing me to fall. I could feel my body falling, feet now off the ground and body heading head first toward the ground. I could see that the church had actually sat on the edge of a cliff, turning the two story fall to a plumet to a higher fall. I knew I wouldnt live the fall so I closed my eyes and let out a small cry with tears escaping my eyes when I felt arms grab me and a gush of wind as my body wasnt fall but was now flying. I opened my eyes to find the angel had caught me, carring me in his arms as he flew us back up into the opening of the church. Once he had carried me further into the room he set me down. I quickly backed away, keeping my eyes on him till my back was against a more sturdy wall. His eyes glowed blue, his wings were now folding back into his back where they would no longer be visable. This was only the second time I had witness his angelic form. He glarred down at me, furrious at me but I didnt let him scare me.

"What were you doing in here?" He asked. I looked around then back to him.

"What am I suppose to do? I am living a life of boredom down stairs." I answer him. He didnt like my answer. He walked toward me, his wings gone but his eyes still glowing blue.

"You stupid girl! If it wasnt for me, you would have fallen to your death, and if you had survived, you would have suffered much worse then a quick death." He shared. That was true, if I had survived the fall, I wouldnt survive what would have become of me if any of the creatures out there had found my body. The thought made my body quiver. I shook off the feeling and stared him down.

"If I wasnt left alone, with absolutely nothing to do or nowhere to go then you wouldnt have to save me." I retorted back at him. I could feel him heat up with anger, feeling his breath hit me in a wave as he looked down at me. He then grabbed my arm, pulled me to the stairs. For a moment I thought he was going to throw me but I felt his arms around me which utterly shocked me. I tried to protest when I heard him scream out. A gush of wind past by me as he jumped from the stairs. He glided down to the first floor till he was on his feet. As I felt the ground under my feet I felt his arms release me before he pushed me down into what was now my bed. I turned to look at him, furious at his actions when I could see his eyes glowing that bright blue, wings spread out. He glared down at me before he turned away and jumped back up. His wings had stirred up alot of the dust in the room that it flew into the air and covered everything. Waving my hands in the air to try to stir away the dust, I saw he was now staring down at me from the second floor. His wings folding down, making it the third time I had seen this. Once his wings were gone he walked into his room and slamed the door. Alone I was once again, left with nothing but my wandering mind to drive me insane, that and the fire which seemed to have died down. The wood was gone. The room was now darker then usual. I laid down and just waited. Waited for something to happen. Something to change but I knew I would sit there for hours before I would fall asleep to find anymore wood or to tell if it was another day that had passed.