Safe when in your arms

Angel Of Darkness

I was alone when the sounds of gun fire and screams from both humans and the creatures of darkness alike were heard. I sat on the ground, pulling my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them as I began to rock my body. Those sounds only made me remember what I tried to forget. I remembered the first day this all began. Seeing Jaejoong fall from the sky when I was sitting with my family in the living room as the world grew dark. Seeing him fall from grace and the heavens shut both him and everyone else out, leaving us to live in darkness. My father held me as the world we knew began to change. I remember seeing people I knew being dragged away by creatures unknown to me. Taking friends away, neighbors and even strangers as my family made our way to the train station. We happened to get on the train in time before it took off. My father held my brother and I to keep us from seeing what happened to those who didnt make it, but I knew. I had seen it. They were torn apart, blood splattered on the window next to us. The world was in chaos and only death to grace us with open arms. We were lucky to make it to the military base with everyone on the train and they put us in camps to help sheild us away. But that didnt last. We were soon sent off in large groups on buses away from the cities. Many buses left to different directions, in hopes that only a few of the buses would be attacked while others made it to their destined locations. Our bus made it but I was sure most of the others did not. Our group stayed out in the country for a long time but after awhile we knew we would need to move or we would be found. Thus began our constant moving to different locations till we reached the city. Years growing up like that had taken its toil on me. I rocked, trying to calm myself.

"It's just the neighbors watching a horror movie playing too loud! It's not real! It's...It's not r-real!" I cried as I continued to cry. I heard the door upstairs open and footsteps running down the stairs. It was just in moments Jaejoong was next to me, holding me as I cried in his arms. He knew that the sounds from the world we were now living in haunted my mind. It tourmented me like nightmare that kept returning. Jaejoong pulled me closer as he ran his hand down my head and to my back. my back to try to calm me down. It did help but the screams tend to be overwhelming at times. Luckly it was further away then most. Jaejoong didnt let me go, nor did he let his curiosity take him away from me. I knew it bothered him too but he seemed more worried for my well being then he had when I first came here. We sat there for what seemed forever till the sounds of the screams and gun shots died. The world was quiet again but it had lasted longer then most. I was sure it was night now. Jaejoong still held me close to him. I could smell the scent of oak, pine and ash wood on him. There was also the scent of spring water that lingured on him. It was soothing, like I was sitting in a beautiful forrest, away from death, away from the creatures of dark and screaming and in a world of light, beauty and life. I snuggled closer to Jaejoong, letting this feeling over take me as I felt I had found my heaven.

"Your safe now!" Jaejoong spoke. I knew I was safe. As long as he was with me, I knew I would be safe. I opened my eyes and looked up into his brown ones to see he was staring at me. I could see in his eyes that he cared for me, deeply and I too care for him but in my heart I knew he also longed to return to heaven. He would want to go back to his home. If he returned then maybe everything would return normal. The sun would return and the creatures would return from which they came and everyone could live a sum what normal life again. And I could know that Jaejoong was happy and the world was safe. My heart would be broken but the world would be safe and that's all that mattered. I felt a pain in my heart as those thoughts sunk in. As much as I knew in my heart that I wanted him, I could never truely have him. I reached to touch Jaejoong's face. Seeing how angelic it was. The light from the fire tickled his features but I knew it didnt do him enough justice.

"Jaejoong!" I uttered softly.

"Hmm?" He replied. He studied my expression. Looking for what it was I wanted to say.

"Kiss me!" He didnt speak nor did he hesitate. He slowly lowered his head to mine and kissed me. His kiss felt like a drug, like a candy addiction. Sweet and lush like chocolate. Our kiss deepened and only grew more addicting. The world seemed to disappear when our lips met. Their was no darkness. No death, no pain or unescapable doom that lay past this moment. What was in this world was none other then Jaejoong, me and our lips that seemed to have never let the other go. Just as the world seemed perfect he pulled away and reality came rushing back. I opened my eyes to see he was staring back at me. He caressed my cheek with his finger then studied my features. I didnt move nor did I speak. I just let him study me, keeping me in his arms for as long as he wanted. Then he looked me in the eyes again. He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"You should sleep. You had a rough day!" He uttered. I didnt want to leave his arms but he was right. I should sleep. It would help me get through the night and wake to a new day. With what happened today outside, the world would be very quiet for a while. I would have to enjoy it. Jaejoong helped me to my feet and lead me to my new bed he had obtained for me. I sat on my bed and looked up at him to see he was being very sweet. I wanted to ask him to stay but he smiled at me.

"Goodnight Dara! I will have breakfast ready for you in the morning." He stated. I nodded. He smiled and turned to head up the stairs. He always seemed to keep guard of me, cook for me, keep the fire lit and still found time to sleep. The energy level of an angel had to be different but I knew he must be burning himself out. I wanted him to rest but he would not do so even if I asked. So I just said the only thing I could to him.

"Good night Jaejoong!" And with that he was gone and I was alone to sleep.