Flames in the darkness

Angel Of Darkness

With the sounds of krackling and popping of fire burning wood, I could tell there was a fire burning near by. Feeling the heat warming my body yet far enough away so not to burn me I open my eyes to see a stillouett of a man with his back to me. My head hurt from the lack of food since I knew I had missed lunch. Looking around I found that I was still in the church. I could still hear the screams of my group who had been taken in the dark. I wasnt paticularly close with any of them but it was sad to think they were gone. I looked around me seeing most of my groups belongings as well as the things we had found before, I searched for Jeyong's watch. It was one of few watches we had to tell time. I looked at the time to see that I was out for too long. It was now night which meant returning was impossible. The man who sat next to the fire didnt move nor turn to look at me, he only watched the fire burn the wood infront of him as if he was fasinated by it. I didnt know who he was but he looked familiar, mostly like the creature who had scared off the others that I was sure killed my group. I took the closest weapon to me and stood my ground, keeping my distance from him.

"Wh-.....Who are you?" I asked. He barely turned his head to look back at me, sighing and looked back at the flames.

"I am nobody. Just another being breathing air as you." He exclaimed. I knew I didnt ask the right question, so I ahjusted myself prepared for anything before I spoke again.

"What... exactly are you?" This time he stood up. I held my weapon up, not going to let him jump out at me. He turned to me and those glowing blue eyes returned. He was the one who drove off the creatures but he himself was not human. He began to walk toward me and I stepped back. I soon was up against a wall and he was right up in my face.

"Is that a question you REALLY want the answer too?" He asked. I thought about it. There was no going back on my question now.

"Yes!" I whispered. I could hear a light growl coming from him. He looked human but acted like and animal. He turned away for me and I could feel my heart was beating uncontrolably fast. He walked toward the fire, His back was to me and as soon as I walked a few steps toward him when wing just sprang out from his back. He screamed out, spreading out his wings and jumping up in the air. I lost sight of him. I moved toward the light of fire so that I wasnt in the darkness. My back was to the fire, my eyes looking around the darkness trying to find him. Then a gust of wind brushed past me from behind me. I turned to find him standing there with his eyes glaring at me, wings spread out, fangs showing and his arms out wide.

"I AM THE ANGEL OF DARKNESS!" He growled loudly like a screaming animal. I could feel the force he projected with anger. I was scared but it wasnt of him. His glow in his eyes were different toward me then they were with the creatures that attacked us. I remembered that moment he had burning red eyes as he ran off the creatures but when he turned to me his eyes changed to its glowing blue. There had to be a reason that his eyes did that. But one question still remained. Was he really the angel of darkness or believed he was?  I just stared him in the eyes, watching as his expression changed as he realized that he could scare me. I saw a small smerk grow on his face as he turned away from me and laughed. I didnt understand him nor did I actually know him to understand him. I watch as his wings folded down and it seemed to slowly returned to whereever they had come from on him, but I didnt understand what was going on. All I knew was he was definatly not human. He turned back to me, almost unsure as to why he didnt get a reaction from me. He then just lost intrest in me and returned to his spot next to the fire, starring at the flames as it continued to burn the fire. I didnt take any time to grab my pack and a few of the other's things to try to escape. I took a glance at him to see he did not move. I turned away toward the exit to see him standing infront of me. I looked back at the fire then back to him. How?

"Leaving are we?" He asked. I took steps back to keep my distance.

"I have to go back." I replied. He turned his head to the side wondering why.

"I-I have people waiting for me." I answered. He smiled, his eyes glowing blue that seemed to stare right through me as if to see into my own soul.

"And how were you going to make it back? We both know there is no surviving at this time, specially when its crawling with evil creatures from hell." He stated. He was right, if I even took one step out there I was doomed to die. But was I even safe here? I wondered that since I woke up. I couldnt answer. He kept walking toward me till I tripped backwards over a old broken chair. I fell back but he caught me. His blue glowing eyes staring straight through me into my soul. I could feel his breath on me. I felt my heart skip a beat for a moment. I wasnt sure, but I assumed it was cause of the sudden fall and not being in his arms. He helped me back to my feet then walk past me back to the spot he been sitting before. I shook off the feeling and looked back at him. He didnt care what I did but he didnt want me to leave. What was the reason? I knew there was no point in trying to leave now, so I set everything down and walked toward the fire. I decided to sit across from him on the otherside of the fire pit he had created. He stared contently into the flames, not bothering to look up at me. I watched him, not sure what to do or say but just watch him. His blue glow in his eyes faded and all that was left was a deep chocolate brown. No glow and nothing that looked un-natrual just a man alone with me in a abondoned church. It felt like hours went by as I just watched him and I felt bored. I felt like I should say something, so I began to speak.

"So wh-..."

"You do not need to know my name!" He intrupted. I had barely said two words and already he snapped at me. Ignoring his sudden burst I spoke again.

"My n-..."

"And I care not for your name either." He spat back. I could feel he would be the worst of company. I stood up and headed for my things. So I couldnt leave, nor could I have a conversation with him so there was only one thing I could do. I opened my pack and pulled out a small blanket. It was for carrying extra supplies if any were found or to pack up supplies if we knew we would return to retrieve them. I pulled it out and returned to my spot next to the fire. He had now been watching me instead of the fire, curious as to what I was doing. I layed down, ignoring how uncomfotable the stone floor was, covering myself with the blanket and closed my eyes.

"What are you doing human?" He asked. I opened my eyes, seeing he was looking at me. I sat up, glared at him till finally I answered.

"Well I cant leave, and your not going to talk to me so I dont have much left to do so I figure I would sleep." I answered. He didnt reply. I slowly layed back down then remembered him calling me human. I shot back up glarring at him again.

"And the name is Dara! Call me that if you insist on calling me anything." I spat at. He raised his eyebrow at me as he watched me lay back down. He didnt say anything else. I lay there watching the flames, ignoring him all together even though he didnt do anything but sit there. I finally drifted to sleep after a while, not knowing weather I would be alive when I awoke the next morning.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello my readers! This is a new story I have been writing since January. My story "LUCY" is nearing its end so I wanted to share my new story for both the readers from "LUCY" as well as new readers. Now today is a really speacial day for me cause today is my birthday. I am officially 27 years today and I wanted to share with my readers thought I am only updating "LUCY" on Wednsday's only. Once I end that story will I start updating this story's chapters on Wednsday's as well. It will only be one chapter a week untill I have finished the story and started the next. Anyway, I do hope you enjoy this story and read "Lucy" if you havent already. For now I am going to celebrate my birthday. I do hope you all enjoy my story and comment with your questions, thoughts or excitement. Thank you and I will post again once "LUCY" is completed.