Death looking me in the eye

Angel Of Darkness

Here we are, the moment I been waiting for! Now just waiting for your reactions. I been wanting to know how you guys will react to this chapter but there is still much more to react to later. But for now, give me your feedback, and tell me what you think and where this is heading. I hope you guys enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I had washed all the clothes we had which wasnt much. Most of it was what we happened to be wearing when we left the church and the others where what we found in the closet here. I didnt remember much about the night we left the church except that Jaejoong was demanding we need to leave immediatly. I didnt understand why but I had a feeling that what ever the reason was for leaving was important enough that we left everything. I missed the church, having grown a bit attached to the place, mostly cause it was where I had met Jaejoong but it was also the place I lost those from my group. It was also where I had my first kiss, with him! I could feel my cheeks heat up just thinking about it. We didnt act so intamate in anyway but occassionally he would show me a sign or a gesture which was his way of telling me he cared. That kiss was indeed the most intamate thing he had ever did. And the kiss he laid on my forehead before he left was also another gesture he did to let me know he cared. For the amount he had given to me, had shared with me, it was more then enough. I looked around the place as I pictured the world around me differently. This apartment was ideal for a couple living together. I pictured what the furniture would look like and where they would be placed. Picturing myself in the kitchen making a home made meal like my mother had for me and my brother. And then I pictured Jaejoong, a normal human being comming through the front door. I sighed as I let the picture fade, returning to reality. This world would never be the same. After all that has happened, it could never be returned to exactly like it had been before.... I shook my head. No point in thinking that way. I looked at the shirt that was in my hand. It was one of Jaejoong's which he seemed to like. I traced my fingers over the image on the front. It was a cross, but it was a bit decorative or it had been. It had been worn out so any decorative design other then the cross had either worn off or faded over time. I folded the shirt and turned to the next shirt and folding it. I wanted to make sure clothes were clean. Staying productive while Jaejoong was gone. I heard flapping which I smiled. I turned toward the patio with a smile which quickly faded. Landing on the patio was a winged creature. I quickly hid, keeping out of site as I heard the creature land on the patio. I screached as it got too close to the fire. Possibly burning itself but it didnt leave. I peeked around the corner to see what it was doing. It carefully walked around the fire and found an opening into the apartment. I leaned back into the piece of furniture I used to hide behind. It had entered the place. My heart was beating uncontrolably fast. Every muscle in my body tensed up and the hairs on my neck rose. Jaejoong would be back soon but would this creature leave or would it lingure for a while longer? And if it stayed, would it find me? I peeked around the corner to see what it was doing. It was sniffing the air, then it turned toward the kitchen area. I watched this winged creature which walked on two legs walk around the apartment. It stood a good seven foot with a long nose, a mouth huge to bite my head off. If I could compare it to an animal, it resembled a bat, but that was what it mostly resembled even though I could also name other animals it had a likness of. It used its nose to pry open the cabnets as it sniffed the dishes. It was searching for a scent. It began working its way toward the bathroom. I moved myself around the object I was hiding behind so to stay out of its line of sight but also stayed as quiet as possible. The creature seemed to have found some of the shampoos and began to chew on them based off the sounds of everything falling in the bathroom. I took this time while it was occupied to gather a few things and get to the patio. I headed to the small bag I had always had packed just in case. It didnt have much to begin with but it was the only thing I had grabbed from the church as we left so suddenly. I turned around to check to see the creature still hadnt left the bathroom. I took a breath and slowly made my way to the clothes I had just cleaned. I began to pack a few of them in the bag so we had something to wear when I felt something looming over me. I slowly turned to see the creature was just standing behind me. It screeched and attacked. I quickly jumped aside, out of the way and tried to escape it. It me knocking me down with its wing. I was on the ground, I turned over just to feel its foot which grabbed me and held me down on the ground like a huge hand. It had me, and I was unable to escape. I looked it straight in the eye as I felt death had finally came for me. It began to strike. Glass broke and a force of something moving fast and knocking into the creature caused it to release me but not before it had tossed me aside. I landed against the kitchen counter. Feeling my body ache with pain but I ignored it to look to see what had just happened. My eyes widen. Jaejoong was attacking the creature. He had saw what was about to happen from outside the window and used his own body force to knock it away. He was now facing the creature face to face. Both with their wings spread. Jaejoong's eyes were glowing red with anger as the two of them growled at each other. The creature attacked first and Jaejoong was ready as he avoided its attack and he began to attack the creature. I quickly knew what I needed to do. I needed to find something to assist him. I looked around what was now a wreaked apartment to see three new packs. Something Jaejoong must have found while he was out. I quickly made my way to those bags, avoiding both Jaejoong and the creature as they attacked one another. I would hear the two of them breaking everything as they moved, scratches, punches, bites and even ripping of fleash. I tried to tune out the sounds of the screams and screeches as they continued to growl and attack one another as I made my way to the packs. I opened one to find only food and meds. I dropped it and quickly opened the next one. It had ammo and hand gun. I quickly began to load the gun. I was shaking as I slipped each bullet into a clip till it was full. I slamed the clip in the pistol and pointed the gun. The two of them were still at one another that I couldnt get a shot on the creature without hitting Jaejoong.

"JAEJOONG!" I yelled out! He turned to me and I threw the gun to him. He jumped back toward the gun, using his wings to push away from the creature. He caught the gun and turned and pointed it at the creature. Without missing a beat he pulled the trigger, popping every bullet into the creature. The creature fell, bleeding out as it let out a dying screech before it finally died. I looked at Jaejoong to see he was breathing hard, still holding the gun up at the creature. I too was breathing heavily. It was not something either one of us wanted to experience today. He finally lowered the gun and he fell to his knees. It was then I noticed he was bleeding. I quickly ran too him.

"Jaejoong, your bleeding!" I stated as I was checking him. He had a huge gash on his arm where the creature had bit him and several scraches along his chest, legs and even his neck, his hair stained red with blood from the creature. The creature had put up a fight which he could have won. Even Jaejoong's wings looked manged as some of his feathers seemed to have been torn off. My heart began to break as I looked at the after effects of him protecting me that tears began to gather in my eyes.

"Oh.... Jaejoong, you...."

"Shhhh.... " He hushed me as he looked at me. He held my cheek in his hand as his other was holding me by the arm. He looked me over seeing I was perfectly find beside the minor scrapes and bruises. His eyes then met mine. My tears then escaped.

"I am relieved you are alright!" He stated as he looked me in the eyes. I leaned into his chest and cried. He held me close as he let me cry. I was scared to death before when it was me but then when it came to him, my heart had began to break as I watched the scene that had just happened infront of me. He protected me but at what cost. His wings were damaged, and I knew he wouldnt tell me just how much they were damaged. He ran his hand through my hair as he tried to soothe me. I cried into his chest which still bled from the wounds he had. I finally pulled away to look him in his eyes. He had tears in them. He must have been so scared himself. It was then that I leaned in toward him, my lips meeting his as I kissed him. It was a kiss of sorrow, of fear and of love. My whole body trembled as I kissed him, mostly cause I had been so scared from the events that I couldnt shake it. I was sure I was in shock. He kissed me back, his tears finally escaping his eyes as he held me close and deepened the kiss. We both escaped death which was a feat in itself. Our emotions were controling us as it seemed the only thing to soothe us was each other. I ran my hand over his arms only to have him pull away as he winced.

"Ow!" He uttered as he tured to look at his arm. We had got carried away that we forgot bout our own injuries. Thankfully I was not in bad shape but Jaejoong need medical attention. I got up and headed to the bags he had gathered the medical supplies he had came across. There was some antibiotics and gause and even some pain meds and alcohol. I brought that to Jaejoong and ripped his sleeve off. He watched contently as I cleaned his wound and fixed him up. One by one I had wrapped him up but when I looked at his wings my heart ached. I didnt know how to help his wings. He looked over his shoulder to see what I was looking at then he turned to me, taking my chin and forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"Hey! Dont worry about my wings. They will heal on their own." He stated.

"But are you able to fly?" I asked. He sighed.

"No. Not for a while." He answered. I swollowed that info as hard as I could which only made my heart sink. He couldnt fly. The likely hood of him flying again would be weeks which we couldnt survive without supplies and we had already used most of it in just minutes. I sighed as I cleaned the last wound on his chest. He had bled alot. I couldnt tell the tolerance of pain an angel could handle but he seemed to handled it pretty well. I took the last of the gause and began to wrap his wound. I had to wrap my arms around him just to pass the gause from one hand to the other to get it around him. After I finshed I looked up at him. He had been watching me care for him the whole time and I could feel a sudden pull between us, getting closer. A loud echoed screeched was heard outside. We both turned to the patio seeing nothing but Jaejoong seemed to have known what it was. He sighed and turned to me.

"We have to leave!" He stated. I had a feeling this place wouldnt last for long. I nodded.

"Gather what we have and we will leave." He began to get up which I helped him up.

"How? We are at the top of the building. And where are we going to stay? We cant go back to the church and we..."

"Shh.... I may not beable to fly but I can glide down. No we cant go back to the church and its too far anyway. It will need to be ground level. Dont worry. I will protect you!" He stated. He caressed my cheek keeping me feeling safe but I looked up into his eyes, feeling sadness.

"But who will protect you?" I asked. He smiled.

"You!" I know he probably meant that lovelingly but I think he reffered to the moment I quickly loaded the gun and tossed it to him. I returned to the bags, gathering what we needed and leaving what we didnt. I picked up the gun, reloading it so it was ready for what ever else wanted to come at us. We had more then we did when we got here but now we were leaving with more but I felt we lost just as much as we gained here as I looked at Jaejoong as he stared down the dead creature on the ground. He was looking at the enemy which nearly won. This wouldnt be the last one but I could tell Jaejoong would forever remember this fight. I too would always remember the creature pinning me down and standing over me as death looked me in the eye for a second time but this time, I too saw death and survived. The next time I would see that same thing would probably be my last. Jaejoong and I headed to the patio as we looked at what was a moment of peace till the end. He turned to me and smiled.

"Ready?" He asked me. I nodded. I held on tight to him as he held me. Wings spread and we were off once again. This time to ground level where both human and un-natural lurked. The next thing we could come across could very well be human. I prayed for the first time in so long that we would not relieve what we just lived through up in that studio apartment. Jaejoong guided us toward the ground where our future lead to many possibilities.