Curiosity

Angel Of Darkness

I sat infront of the fire, watching the human girl who called herself Dara as she lay on the floor with her eyes closed. I didnt understand her nor did I care but something told me that she was here for a reason. Was she to kill me, end my missery or was she to annoy me to I went insane. If I wasnt already going insane as it was. I looked back up to the sky looking at how the clouds completely blocked the heavens. It had been so long since I had been there. Why must I live on this dying land in utter darkness? Why was I left here? I had wondered this for many years and now a human girl had come across me. She looked weaker then some of her company who were slain in the night. She stirred a little, eyes still closed and laying on the floor. I had watched her for hours as she lay in silence. Finally I decided to get up, the flames were dying down as it was. I looked through the bags from her company that I had gathered up. They had weapons, some were food, others where medical supplies. I soon searched her own pack to find a picture. It was folded up but when I had opened it I saw three people in it. One was a younger version of Dara smiling happily, then a young boy who seemed to be unsure what was going on then an older woman and an older man. Could this be her family? Dara began to yawn and I quickly pocketed the picture in my pocket, grabbing a can of food out of her pack. She sat up, eyes closed still as she stretched. I tossed the can to her lap which made her flinch. She looked at me confused.

"Eat!" I spoke. She nodded, not sure she trusted me but she studied the content to see it was un open. She finally used the tap on the top to pull open the can and began to eat the content. She didnt complain about her food, she just ate it in peace. She would look up at me as I sat next to the nearly dead fire just watching her eat. She wipped with her sleeve then spoke to me.

"Are you not hungry?" She asked. I shook my head. She tossed me the rest of her food, still having much of it left. I looked at the can and then to her.

"You should eat." She stated, adjusting herself so she sat up and looked at the fire, still facing me. I smirked, looking at her as I tilt my head.

"And what makes you think I can eat that?" I asked. She looked at me, unsure what to think but she was sure to be thinkng the worst.

"What if I needed fresh blood from a living being?" I asked. Showing my fangs to her. She raised a brow to my attemt to frighten her.

"If you needed blood, you would have killed both my friends and I! You didnt kill my friends and you certianly havent killed me." She stated. She was indeed a clever one. I smiled at her.

"Your right!" I reached for the can, still looking up at her as I picked it up and began to eat from it.

"You would have been dead otherwise." I stated. She didnt say anything in return. She just sat there, watching me as I watched her. The two of us seemed to be wondering what the other was thinking. I suspected she was trying to figure out what I was. I wasnt like most the other creatures out there. Most of them didnt know to speak the tongue of language. Others didnt look human atleast not fully. I looked both human and spoke the language. Other creatures who looked some what human looked like they were burned, made of stone or looked mauled. Some may knew the language but not enough to pose as a human if they could pull off the look. Others looked a bit like animals but more gruesome then any real living animals. Things of nightmares they were. The fire popped, and I awoke from my thoughts, still seeing she was starring at me. Why did she not fear for her life around me? Then she spoke.

"If you dont feed from humans, and your not out to kill me for sport, then why do you seem to watch me so much?" She asked.

"Curiosity!" I answered. She didnt seem to care after I answer. She then stood up.

"Then there is no reason for me to stay!" She stated. She began to walk to her things, grabbing them and preparing to leave. As soon as she began to start walking I spoke.

"I wouldnt leave if I were you!" She turned to me, wondering why she shouldnt.

"They are still out there, waiting." I answered her. She let her bag slip off her shoulders as she sat down on her pack.

"I was suppose to return already!" She muttered furiously to herself. I watched as she pulled at her own hair, mad.

"It will be awhile before you are able to leave. Might as well stay. There is plenty of food for you to out last them." I shared. I stood up, walking around the fire and piled on more wood to feed it. The flames sparked, thanking me for feeding it. She watched me as I just stood there watching. She stood up, walked toward me furious. She stopped next to me, pulling me to turn to her. I growled, my eyes blazed with their blue fire. She didnt fear me. A brave soul she was.

"Why dont you scare them off like you did before? Scare them away so I can return to..."

"Scare them? No I only pushed them past the boundaries of my own dwelling. They know not to come into my home and those who do dont survive. But they know that I dont feed humans so they know I wont eat you so they wait. Waiting for you to leave my boundaries so they could either feed from you or follow you till you lead them to a bigger bounty." I shared. She looked surprised. The utter thought of them following her made her fall to her feet. I pulled out the picture from my pocket, tossing it to her feet.

"I am guessing that's something you rather not happen!" I uttered. She looked at me not in fear but with sad eyes. I walked away from her and began walking up the stairs that barely stood by themselves. I made my way to the second floor where I had made myself a place to sleep with a bed, with things I had collected over time that somehow reminded me of brighter days. I lay in my bed, looking out into the dark night as I heard her cries from bellow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you guys for waiting patiently for the updates. I just finished my story "Lucy" today so "Angel of Darkness" can now have my full attention. I will post one chapter every week on Wednsday. The only time I will not post is if I am out of town or busy and if I get caught up on chapters that I am way ahead, then I will post two chapters a week but for now its only one a week. I do hope you all enjoy the story and I hope to read your responses soon.