The Hard Time

Speak Up, Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dr. Kim require Jihyo to be hospitalized and Jihyo’s name now is on the top list of patients who are waiting for a donor heart. Jihyo’s parents and Gary are the ones that most often accompany Jihyo in the hospital. But after nearly two weeks in the hospital, Gary began to feel that Jihyo just be strange to him. Jihyo started to ignored him. She was also rarely talked to him. Initially Gary still find it quite natural. However, now Jihyo much weaker than before, so it’s naturally that sometimes she prefers to just keep silence. But one day, when Gary was coming to visit her as usual, Jihyo looked at him and said flatly, "Kang Gary, why do you come here every day?"

"Mm?" Gary staring at Jihyo who is lying on her bed. The girl who used to be cheerful it now looks much thinner, much more pale, with dark circles around her eyes. Jihyo look fragile, with hoses attached to her body, and the only thing that shows that she is still struggling was in her eyes. That black eyes were still visible, stared for a moment with a sharp glare to Gary, then Jihyo looked away out the window of her room. "You don’t have to come every day," she murmured.

Gary shrugged. "I don’t mind."

"No, go," she insisted. "Do what you used to do before you're forced to stay here with me."

Gary frowned. "But..."

"Go, you can go to the studio to prepare your songs. You can go to your restaurant to build your business. You can hang out with your friends .." she interrupted harder, still not looking at Gary.

Then she closed her eyes and muttered softly, "Please leave."

"Mong Ji?"

"Please.."

From that day Jihyo refused to see Gary.

"She doesn’t want to see me?" Gary asked confused when he returned to the hospital the next day. "Why?"

Mrs. Cheon sighed heavily and shook her head. "I don’t know, Gary. Maybe she just wants to be alone today." She smiled ruefully, trying to make Gary calm. "Why don’t you come back tomorrow? Maybe she already felt better then."

Jihyo still won’t meet Gary the next day.

And the day after. And the next day again.

This makes Gary frustrating. He didn’t understand why she suddenly doesn’t want to see him, didn’t want to talk to him, didn’t want to deal with it. She allowed herself to meet her friends who came to see her. She wants to see Ji Suk Jin, Yoo Jae Suk, Kim Jong Kook, Ha Doong Hoon, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Woo Bin, even Jung In and Jung Chi and so on. She even meet Gary's parents who came to see her. But she insisted didn’t want to see Gary every day. Gary wondered what he had done. What is wrong with him? Did he do something that makes her angry? He really does not understand.

Indeed, that is always the most poignant is a wonder unanswered. It was all enough to make Gary look tough, fell and shattered. As if he had never been a big part of her days. However, he tried to pick up all the pieces, themselves. He didn’t want the dream yanked, pulled, and then disappear.

Although Jihyo refused to see him, Gary still come to the hospital every day. He did’not know what else he could do other than that. He just wanted to be near with Jihyo. Although at this time the girl didn’t recognize his existence and ignored him, at least Gary can sit outside the room and that means he could still be near with Jihyo.

 

Jihyo miss him. That man. It seemed that she had done something stupid because she had already fired the best thing ever in her life. She didn’t know how to move on without him. Still, not easy for her to make a decision. She didn’t want herself to marry with Gary in her health condition which even continues to deteriorate. She didn’t want to, at worst will happen. She didn’t want to, if in the end she was just going to go and die, and let him in sadness that somehow if it is possible to make it heal. She wanted Gary to be happy, though not with her. She just wants Gary happy and filled with love, like what he always done for her.

"I am missing for your peace .." she said softly while looking on the wall straightly. Nothing she could do in the hospital. She died to bored. "When my inner voice said to let you go, why deep in my heart, I feel claustrophobic?"

 

Today is the eighteenth day, Gary came to the hospital and was told that Jihyo still wouldn’t to see him. Gary could only smile lethargic to Mrs. Cheon who looks tormented because she couldn’t let Gary go into Jihyo’s room. Without saying anything, Gary uncomfortable sitting on the bench who have often occupied him for almost three weeks. Five minutes later, the door of Jihyo’s room open, Gary looked up and saw her father stepped out.

The expression of the man who now looks much older than his actual age make Gary knew that Mr. Cheon out not to tell Gary to go in to Jihyo’s room.

"Come on, come with me to drink coffee," urged Mr. Cheon to Gary.

Gary got up and followed him to the cafeteria.

"The coffee here is terrible," commented Mr. Cheon when they were seated facing each other in a small round table in the cafeteria that is not too crowded. "But I think you have to accept what you can get today."

"Jihyo can make coffee and it is very good," Gary said without thinking.

Mr. Cheon stared at Gary for a moment. His eyes look soft, but sad. "She was sick," he said to Gary with caution. "That is why she didn’t act like her usual self. I hope you're not offended or upset by it." He said softly.

"I'll try to talk to her." Mr. Cheon added, "But, if it doesn’t work, let her go. Then the day after tomorrow, if she is your true love, she will come back with amazing ways. There are of course a great destiny that is created for every human being. If she doesn’t come back, then a simple happens, she's not your true love. Gary-ya, love stories in the book, in fairy tales of l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter