Worried

Speak Up, Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their dating at Kwang Soo’s, Jihyo attitude changed pretty drastically. She often cancel appointments with Gary. She also used to say that there are men who approached her in the same time. ‘A’ man who came from her childhood. Or the ‘B’ which come from the entrepreneurs. Or the ‘C’ a famous architecture in Korea. Or the ‘D’ celebrity. Or the E. The ‘F’. It may even be to the ‘Z’ man. And slowly, it made Gary also changed.

"So you liked that girl?"

"Yes." Gary replied bluntly, "I and a dozen men"

"She was a sweet and pleasant. And I don't know, she makes everything feel better."

"Sometimes I think that she likes me. When she smiled and looked at me, or when she spoke to me, I think she loves me. But then I realized that she was also smiling, staring, and talk to other men. Only sometimes, I feel she treats me differently, as if indeed I was special to her."

"Maybe you've been cheated?" Asked Gil rather serious, "She is pretty, popular, she must have been accustomed to playing on a male’s heart."

"No. I'm sure she's not the type of woman." Gary retorted quietly. "I'm not the only man who approached him, you know?"

"Mmmm" He nodded in agreement.

"He even often get calls from other males, which he said they were just her friend."

"So, what are you going to do tonight?"

"I dunno, maybe finish my song."

"Have you got the inspiration?"

"I don’t know, it feels even many lyrics who popped into my head. Maybe tonight I'll make an album. "

Gil just snickered saw him.

 

Some nights after did not give each other the news, Gary invited Jihyo to dinner at his apartment. He was a little pushy when invited her. It just because he, very, very missed her.

"Why look at me like that? There's something on my face? "Asked Jihyo suspicious.

"I have no idea. Come on in!” He said as he took off his jacket and shoes and save it to the back of the chair. "So why are you have not had dinner?"

"Because ... someone has not made them for me." Said Jihyo indifferently.

Gary just chuckled, "So, what do you want to eat?"

When Jihyo passing him in the kitchen, Gary’s hand softly touching her elbow, as if he were detained. However, it was enough to make Jihyo stopped and stared into his eyes. "Why?"

"Are you okay?"

Jihyo just stared at the man who was looking at her intently, "Your face is pale."

Jihyo just shook her head, "I am okay.” She added the force smile behind her statement. She then walked over and opened the fridge, "What would you like? Or this time, let me cook for you? "Asked Jihyo regardless.

"No. Let me cook. I am the one invited you here."

"Not because you don’t believe me, hu?"

"Not at all." He answered quickly, "How about me to make bibimbap?"

"I wanted something fresh. Something soupy?"

"Kognamul guk?"

Jihyo smiled and nodded happily, "Call!"

Gary who was very thorough and orderly, always prepare the necessary materials, he wrote each recipe and the ingredients before shopping. He thought that Jihyo would be waiting on the couch, as she usually did. But, the girl just stood and leaned back, as if she is supervising every move of him.

"Waeyo?" He asked, "You can wait for me on the couch. Or take a short nap. I'll wake you up later. "

"I am alright. Besides, I wanted to see you cook."

Gary just smiled, he knew, she was very stubborn, so he just let it go. He took some materials and began to cut it, "How was your date today?"

"Eo?" Jihyo was shocked, he never asked her something like that before hand. Also, she was doubted to answer, because she actually never really go on a date, and this afternoon she canceled because she suddenly felt being unwell. And what if she says her date canceled because she is not healthy, but she kept going to his apartment? So, she just lied.

"You're so shocked?"

"No." She stretched her head, "Mmm .. The date was going smoothly." She muttered as she plays her nails on the wall, "Wake me up when you're done." She said and left Gary with a puzzled face.

But she was too late, her steps stopped when Gary patted her shoulder. Gary then stood in front of her, he was standing too close to Jihyo, so she could hear her own heartbeat.

Jihyo then awaken by Gary when the palms of his hands stuck in her forehead, "Eo! You have fever!"

"Er .. I ... have a fever." She said a little stuttered, then she stepped back to make the distance between them.

"Why you didn’t tell me? I will not force you to come here today."

"I ... just tired."

Gary paused, "And I made you come here?"

Jihyo just nodded slowly. Hearing the question that such represents the apology, Jihyo just smiled, "It's okay, if I just come to eat, gwenchana" She said and laughed lightly. "Actually, I feel better after coming here."

Gary just stay silence, somehow he suddenly felt happy. Of course, she may not even mean anything. But, foolishly, he always wished. Expect more. "Then you'll sleep first, then I will wake you up."

Gary then prepare dinner with the feeling that even he did not understand. His heart is being played back, by a woman who is even the same woman. He tidied up the table and wake Jihyo when the food is ready.

This time, the dinner was special for him. He was glad to see Jihyo devour food without remainder.

"Mmm .." Jihyo murmured softly, "I feel better now." She said and drank a glass of water, "Maybe I had a fever because I have not eaten."

Gary just looked at her, "I'm happy if you feel better."

"Oh yes, how about Chang Joo-ssi?" Gary asked curiously, he already knew that the relationship Jihyo and its CEO are over. All ended up with a very good ending, except with a piece of a contract that forces Jihyo not to have relationship with anyone and bring it to the public. And her contract will soon be gone. Yet, strangely Gary had just lost the line start for a few times. Although she has promised to bring their relationship queitly, but Gary was always jealous. They are never dating ever for once. Jihyo even said to him to no longer seeing her. Because she has dated or are dating someone else. Initially, he wanted to believe her. However it just difficult.

"I don’t even know the news about him." Said Jihyo with grumbled. Her eyes, eyeing the messy dishes on the table, "Let me wash the dishes!" Jihyo said with passion, trying to distract Gary.

Gary shook his head, "No! Let me doing that alone." Usually, it is always he who cook and Jihyo wash them up.

However, even though her face was not so pale, he still wanted to make sure that she was okay. He went clear the dishes to the kitchen and glanced at her silently, and then he smiled without knowing why he was so happy that night.

"You said you've completed your new song. Can I hear it?"Asked Jihyo when Gary returned to the living room.

"Of course. You are always the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter